Cross-Platform Games to have 2 Lists / PS5 Auto-Pop Game List

PhantomFear94

13 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Several threads for separate games to discuss, but the main reason for this thread is that it centralised all lists and seems to confirm that games on both the PS4 & PS5 will have 2 different lists for each platform.

Don't you mean one list for each platform; e.g. one on PS4 and one on PS5?

2 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

yeah ps4 games on ps5 get 2 lists, for the ps4 version and the ps5 version once you download the ps5 upgrade

it’s a mess imo. they should’ve made them shared list

This is what Xbox have done basically. 

So unless I'm missing something on PS4/PS5, either your progress transfers but you have to earn trophies again anyway (making this transfer kind of pointless), or your trophies will auto pop based in your progress? 

17 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Don't you mean one list for each platform; e.g. one on PS4 and one on PS5?

Yes! Thanks for the feedback, poor wording. 

While I have a number of them because why not, darn is it stupid we're getting even more stack nonsense. Many would get very annoyed I'm sure but I'd be all for them unifying all stacks and dropping a lot of inflation stacks bring. It'll be even more inflating if due to the improvements of the system on the PS5 over the PS4 we actually get full autopopping rather than the partial that has existed in most things on the PS4 (Sound Shapes and such autopopping everything are exceptions rather than the rule).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

While I have a number of them because why not, darn is it stupid we're getting even more stack nonsense. Many would get very annoyed I'm sure but I'd be all for them unifying all stacks and dropping a lot of inflation stacks bring. It'll be even more inflating if due to the improvements of the system on the PS5 over the PS4 we actually get full autopopping rather than the partial that has existed in most things on the PS4 (Sound Shapes and such autopopping everything are exceptions rather than the rule).

I agree with this . Auto pops would be dreadful for the community for the first 1-2 years of the PS5's lifespan. There are already enough problems with how quick and easy some games are becoming (2-5 minutes), auto-popping AAA's would be a disaster. It wouldn't just inflate trophies, but would also surely encourage people to Platinum games on PS4 still and then just sign in on PS5 to auto-pop trophies, rather than playing games on the new system? 

However, I haven't heard anything about auto-pops so I imagine you would need to play from scratch again (although this in of itself would make shared progress pretty redundant, surely?). I know some games from last gen did have some auto-popping for certain types of trophies (mainly levelling). 

Okay so I need to ask something. There are games I currently have on PS4 (downloaded and on disc), that I would like to continue playing on PS5 simply because I enjoy them.

For example, Star Wars Battlefront II. Let’s say I sell my PS4 and buy a PS5, and then decide to install my PS4 disc onto PS5, is that then going to make a completely new trophy list for Battlefront II appear on my trophy page? Even though I already platinumed it once?

• Like 1

So glad I haven't started FIFA21 as I was worried this would happen, really didn't want a half finished PS4 trophy list for them to add another for PS5.

Based in the UK so looks like no Black Ops for me this weekend either as need to wait for the PS5 to ensure only one list.

Huge shame as well, PS4 disc drive has stopped working and I had popped about five trophies on Borderlands 3. Was hoping to continue one day on PS5 but no chance if it just adds another trophy list. Done so well over this generation increasing my trophy percentages (was pretty poor through PS3 and Vita years!) that I dont want to add a load more unobtained ones, and fuck playing through a game twice to get both the PS4 and 5 ones, no way have I got the time to do that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MythRaider1994 said:

Okay so I need to ask something. There are games I currently have on PS4 (downloaded and on disc), that I would like to continue playing on PS5 simply because I enjoy them.

For example, Star Wars Battlefront II. Let’s say I sell my PS4 and buy a PS5, and then decide to install my PS4 disc onto PS5, is that then going to make a completely new trophy list for Battlefront II appear on my trophy page? Even though I already platinumed it once?

In this example, I don't think it would create a new trophy list. I think it would just keep your platted list from the PS4.

I think there will only be a second list if it's a game that has both a PS4 and a PS5 version (like Borderlands 3 or Miles Morales).

Edited by Blood_Hungry_III

3 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

So, basically, since every single ps4 game gets an upgrade, it means, a ps5 is kinda mandatory for trophy hunting.

Hmmmm...

Not sure I am understanding your comment but if you are talking about leaderboard hunting, then yes, of course, you will need a PS5.  This is true whether there are multiple stacks or not.

5 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Not sure I am understanding your comment but if you are talking about leaderboard hunting, then yes, of course, you will need a PS5.  This is true whether there are multiple stacks or not.

Not exactly, at the start of a gen, there aren't many games, if, however, every single ps4 game, alongside their regional stacks double, things are vastly different at the very beginning.

I'll wait some more to get confirmation before buying a ps5, at this rate, I just want to reach a specific level without Rata stuff and then quit.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

Just now, scemopagliaccioh said:

Not exactly, at the start of a gen, there aren't many games, if, however, every single ps4 game, alongside their regional stacks double, things are vastly different at the very beginning.

Ok that makes sense.  Eventually, you’ll have the ability to even up.

On 09/11/2020 at 0:05 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

This is what Xbox have done basically. 

So unless I'm missing something on PS4/PS5, either your progress transfers but you have to earn trophies again anyway (making this transfer kind of pointless), or your trophies will auto pop based in your progress? 

Yes! Thanks for the feedback, poor wording. 

So on Xbox it's just 1 list?

25 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

So, basically, since every single ps4 game gets an upgrade, it means, a ps5 is kinda mandatory for trophy hunting.

Hmmmm...

I dont think that every single ps4 game gets an upgrade . Most will stay BC Version . if you just play the ps4 version on ps5 it will use ps4 trophy list . If this game has an upgrade version for ps5 it gets extra list .

Thats how i get this whole situation.

they need to stop with this separate PS5 list nonsense. trophy cards just filled with copypasted PS5 lists ?

also with crossave|crossprogress|crossbuy functions this is just dont make sense at all

38 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Feel I wouldn't be getting the most out of my new system if I was just constantly going back and re-completing games I had already played last gen. 

THIS

• Like 2

On 08/11/2020 at 10:02 PM, TalalHmd said:

yeah ps4 games on ps5 get 2 lists, for the ps4 version and the ps5 version once you download the ps5 upgrade

it’s a mess imo. they should’ve made them shared list

To be fair, I also think it's just cleaner if they share one list. I wonder if there's some back-end reason for it? Maybe Sony just want to intince people whatever way they can into either upgrading or replaying the game later on PS5. But what the hell do I know? :P