Cross-Platform Games to have 2 Lists / PS5 Auto-Pop Game List

PhantomFear94

9 minutes ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

So how long do these free PS4-to-PS5 upgrades last? I probably won't be able to get a PS5 this year but would love to double plat some crossgen games via upgrades. 

I also assume when upgrading with a disc, you still have access of the PS4 version of said disc?

The upgrades are just a patch so will be available forever, unless a fault is discovered and said patch gets pulled by the developer.

What a complete fucking shitshow lmao

Honestly, hunting trophies by quantity hasn't meant shit for a while now, but this takes things to a whole new level.

I'll probably auto-pop some trophies anyway when I eventually get my PS5, mmmm number go up

EDIT: Also, I find it hilarous how people with <50% completion are complaining and holding out on playing new games on PS4 cause they don't want incomplete lists on their profiles when they start them on PS5 ?

Edited by harsly
  • Like 4

On 11/8/2020 at 5:20 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

Based off the listings that doesn't appear to be the case, though. With Borderlands 3 on PS5 for example it even includes 3 new trophies not on the PS4 listing (none look that terrible, btw, and it's a PvE mode). If it turns out there is some system error with Exophase where they are scanning in Seperate when they shouldn't, I think it's the case. If you're right I'll adjust the thread to just have a centralised list of Launch title games, but it does appear lists are stacked. 

There any confirmation on this? I'm not through the PS4 version, so it's annoying to have a separate list. I don't want to go through two times and I don't want to abandon the PS4 list where I am at... 

I wish they would just merge all titles. Stacking is pointless, and I don't get why they can't just update the trophy list to be a single source. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LabyrinthWorm said:

There any confirmation on this? I'm not through the PS4 version, so it's annoying to have a separate list. I don't want to go through two times and I don't want to abandon the PS4 list where I am at... 

I wish they would just merge all titles. Stacking is pointless, and I don't get why they can't just update the trophy list to be a single source. 

The PS4 and 5 lists for BL3 stack and are identical in everyway but there is some limited auto-pop when you cross-save from the PS4 to the PS5.

5 hours ago, LabyrinthWorm said:

This entire thread is pretty much confirmation. See OP for which games autopop, which don't, etc. But virtually every PS5 game will get its OWN list, unlike Xbox, which shared 95% of the time (5% being games like NBA 2K21 where there is no upgrade and you have to re-buy from scratch, or if the game is a next-gen exclusive remaster like Observer: System Redux). 

9 hours ago, SmugPieceCandy said:

Not all the trophies in all games will auto-pop. I’ll update the list in the morning with any new information and the nioh ps5 versions

Sent you a couple of PM's (MK11, Spiderman MM)

8 hours ago, Garrus_Lannister said:

Any more word on Borderlands 3?  I got PS4 platinum so if I can get an auto-pop on PS5 I'm down...

I think the level trophies do (you need to rank up just once for them to pop), but most don't apparently. 

30 minutes ago, SmugPieceCandy said:

The Spreadsheet has been updated with information regarding Spider-Man Miles Morales, MK11, Nioh (Both games) and Borderlands 3

If you have multiple saves at various points of the game right before each trophy requirement all trophies can technically be popped quickly. Are you guys just testing platinum saves? Save sets will pop all trophies.

37 minutes ago, Trophies_All_Day said:

If you have multiple saves at various points of the game right before each trophy requirement all trophies can technically be popped quickly. Are you guys just testing platinum saves? Save sets will pop all trophies.

I’ve been getting the information online, but cookiest will be testing the games he has on the ps5 when he gets his PS5.

5 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I think the level trophies do (you need to rank up just once for them to pop), but most don't apparently. 

That's a bummer. I feel like it should be all or nothing (though I'd personally prefer a shared list). I guess this means I'll have to finish the game on PS4 rather than PS5. If I do plat the game, I'd rather have a single complete list than have two incomplete ones.

2 hours ago, DanielVT said:

Can anyone confirm if you play miles morales on the PS5 FIRST and then go back to the PS4 will it autopop? Can someone try that? If not I'm only playing the 5 version. Thx 

I've only got the PS4 versions of BL3 and NMS but from what I can tell, the cross-save cloud in those games only have an upload button with no option to redownload it like there was in the PS3 => PS4 games back in the day so as an educated guess, I'd say the cross-save cloud is a 1 way trip from the PS4 to the PS5 with no option to reverse the process from the other end.