Separate trophy list for PS5

Didn't expect dbd to have a separate list on ps5. Really don't want to do skilled huntress & taking one for the team again lol.? Think the best case scenario would be the trophies that you already earned in the ps4 version would auto-pop since the progress carries over like Minecraft vita/ps3. Feel like most likely gonna be progress carries over but you have to trigger the trophy again like down with a 20m hatchet once on ps5 to pop skilled huntress. That means gonna have to redo all the adept killer trophies. ? I guess that wouldn't be too bad since I personally still enjoy the game but gonna have to go back to ps4 every time a new dlc comes out is gonna be a pain. 

Now that the game is out on ps5 if you transfer your progress can confirm only the trophies that will auto-pop are I/II/III/III-50. All the other trophies' progress on ps5 will reset to 0. ?

Edited by Mirrors1118
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I love this game, but my fear came true. I hope that trophies auto pop.

I hope they don't. At least not automatically. I love this game too and ever since I got it on ps plus I've racked up about 2,5k hours on it. I wouldn't mind doing it all again. Hell, I want to do it all again!

• Like 3

Dead by Daylight llegará a consolas de nueva generación a finales de 2020, publican en su cuenta oficial en Twitter. El juego incluye gráficos mejorados con respecto a las versiones de actual generación y recibirán  actualizaciones de forma regular. ¿Estás jugando a DBD en consola? Cuando actualices tu máquina obtendrás el videojuego gratis y mantendrás todo tu progreso, subrayan. 

Your progress is a safe

Edited by MANU1950

34 minutes ago, PeachXHime said:

I can see it happening for the next few chapters at least...

They will support PS4 for atleast the entire PS5 generation. No reason for them not to. PS4 DBD playerbase is by far the largest and not everyone will jump to PS5 instantly. They would lose tons of money if they stop support for PS4.

Really don't mind if i have to get all survivor trophies again. Never planned on platting this game anyway. Just gives me more reason to play it even more. Almost up to 3 P3 survivor with all perks now => (BTW Jeffs grunt is so freaking loud) 

Edited by Quink666

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

They will support PS4 for atleast the entire PS5 generation. No reason for them not to. PS4 DBD playerbase is by far the largest and not everyone will jump to PS5 instantly. They would lose tons of money if they stop support for PS4.

Really don't mind if i have to get all survivor trophies again. Never planned on platting this game anyway. Just gives me more reason to play it even more. Almost up to 3 P3 survivor with all perks now => (BTW Jeffs grunt is so freaking loud) 

They don't have to stop supporting the PS4, just the trophy set. 

Better yet, this should have just been a merged list. Meh.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PeachXHime said:

They don't have to stop supporting the PS4, just the trophy set. 

Better yet, this should have just been a merged list. Meh.

A merged list is what I wanted. Just like all PS4 / PS5 cross-gen games.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, danielc655 said:

surely the trophies would auto pop but does that also mean all progression made on the ps4 version gets moved to the ps5 version as well?

It was confirmed that PS4 progress carries over to PS5, but nothing was said about a merged cross-gen list or two seperate system lists.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

36 minutes ago, Knave21 said:

Gang I'm so confused. Does this mean EVERY PS4 game that is playable on PS5 will have a separate list? Or is it just the PS5 versions of specific games that will have two lists?

I think this is a special case for two reasons. One, this is going to be an improved PS5 version, different from the PS4 ones. It will have features not available in next-gen like ray-tracing (in the future). And two, the game has two separate lists on PS4 but seems like PS5 can handle that many trophies in one single list, so they can't just import and merge two separate trophy lists into one.

I'm pretty sure only the PS5 specific versions will get new trophies, I wouldn't worry. Either that or a cross-list with shared progress like some PS3/PS4/Vita have

7 hours ago, GeneSaw said:

I hope they don't. At least not automatically. I love this game too and ever since I got it on ps plus I've racked up about 2,5k hours on it. I wouldn't mind doing it all again. Hell, I want to do it all again!

Personally I feel like since progress carries over all the cumulative trophies should auto-pop or requires getting one more progress and unlock the trophy. With all the cumulative out of the way the only tough ones that's gonna be a pain is left for dead(either gens done too quick or killer greeding for a 4k so slugging the third survivor)/evil incarnate(mori 4 people with myers isn't a huge problem but if someone dcs that's 2 iri add-ons wasted). There's no way to tell now so will just see how it's gonna work after the game comes out on ps5.

5 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

A merged list is what I wanted. Just like all PS4 / PS5 cross-gen games.

I agree with a game like dbd that has new trophy set every 3 months for years to come it’s gonna be annoying to have separate list. ? Even if it auto-pops from ps4 to ps5 I wonder if you do it on ps5 first and login on ps4 will the trophies unlock. If not it’ll be annoying since you have to play on ps4 every 3 months.