Idea regarding flagging trophies given to you by hackers.

I have a idea, this could be put into place until a whitelist is made,if ever.

Trophies like this are still flagged like normal but when looking at the persons profile theres a text box that says

" *INSERT GAME HERE* wasn't cheated, unlocked because of modded lobby" 

That way until a whitelist is sorted if someone makes a dispute they can have that marker put on their profile instead of or alongside the H to tell vistors exactly what happened. 

People won't have to worry about being perceived as a cheater because it plainly says on the profile they are not a cheater and this doesnt effect the current system at all and the way the leaderboards are run won't change. 

Edited by charxsetsuna
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Which games, and under what scenarios would this take place? 

Any game with modded lobbies..so cod basically.

Have CRT confirm it's a case of modded lobbies. Then the fort themselves put on the marker.

It will still count towards the three flag limit 

Edited by charxsetsuna

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Nice idea but it's fundamentally flawed, because how do you tell the difference between someone accidentally landing in a hacked lobby through no fault of their own and someone who created the hacked lobby themselves?

Well it still adds to the three flag limit, so siding with the disputer won't effect anything here. The outcome leaderboard wise is still the same.

Just now, DaivRules said:

All this for one Call of Duty game?

It's more than one isn't it? Could have sworn it's more than one.

Anyways,  why not? Just because it's only a few games, do you see how many disputes there are for those few games alone. It may only be "one" game but it's still a big problem.

Also grand theft auto would fall under this as well. Any situation where a hacker gives you trophies you dont want applies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

To be bluntly honest, this just sounds like you're moving the dust around by adding something that essentially does what already exists so won't make a blind bit of difference.

Maybe I am, but i havent seen anyone suggest this so i thought i would add it to the table.

There is a reason for this idea though, so many times I've seen in disputes the disputes say 

"I'm not hiding it because I did nothing wrong!" 

This marker is a way for those people or at least some of those people to hide it , and prove their point they are not cheaters.

Please dont say the H doesnt imply cheater to a lot of people, you are simply naive if you think that.

Edited by charxsetsuna

6 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Maybe I am, but i havent seen anyone suggest this so i thought i would add it to the table.

There is a reason for this idea though, so many times I've seen in disputes the disputes say 

"I'm not hiding it because I did nothing wrong!" 

This marker is a way for those people or at least some of those people to hide it , and prove their point they are not cheaters.

Please dont say the H doesnt imply cheater to a lot of people, you are simply naive if you think that.

But how can you be sure that the players flagged for COD don't lie when they claim they were in a modded lobby and trophies began to pop ?

also i used to have an H on my profile but it was to hide games that had low % completion, H doesn't mean you're a cheater

Edited by Sleepy Kale
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Kale said:

But how can you be sure that the players flagged for COD don't lie when they claim they were in a modded lobby and trophies began to pop ?

also i used to have an H on my profile but it was to hide games that had low % completion, H doesn't mean you're a cheater

Well they are still flagged so ultimately it doesnt matter. 

Its like if some is flagged for ten games, unflagging one of them makes no difference to the end outcome.

The H doesnt mean your a cheater but some people will think that. And people tend to care a lot about what people think of them.

8 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Well they are still flagged so ultimately it doesnt matter. 

Its like if some is flagged for ten games, unflagging one of them makes no difference to the end outcome.

The H doesnt mean your a cheater but some people will think that. And people tend to care a lot about what people think of them.

Your idea is good but in the end, it would only concern a small number of games... Aside from GTA and COD, i didn't see lots of games concerned by  modded lobbies. 

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Maybe Sly could just change the H so when you click on it, it says:

”PLAYER has hidden 1,220 trophies from their profile
All stats have been adjusted accordingly

Hidden doesn’t mean Cheated, you moron”

wouldn't be very respectful would it?

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Maybe Sly could just change the H so when you click on it, it says:

”PLAYER has hidden 1,220 trophies from their profile
All stats have been adjusted accordingly

Hidden doesn’t mean Cheated, you moron”

Yes that would actually help, maybe more gently worded but it's a good idea.

Maybe " 158 trophies hidden, please remember hidden doesn't mean cheated."

Edited by charxsetsuna

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Forgive me for not specifically labeling the “you moron” part with heavy sarcasm. 

People on the internet take badly to sarcastic so any official thing like this should probably avoid it.

However it was a good idea and would make my idea mostly obsolete.

Edited by charxsetsuna

5 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

People on the internet take badly to sarcastic so any official thing like this should probably avoid it.

However it was a good idea and would make my idea mostly obsolete.

i didn't take it badly, maybe something else like : "Hidden doesn't mean cheated."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Kale said:

i didn't take it badly, maybe something else like : "Hidden doesn't mean cheated."

A Misunderstanding, I was talking about people on the internet in general not you. Sorry that wasnt clear.

I'm not a programmer but how much programming could it possibly take just to add a sentence onto the description for the hidden symbol?

Edited by charxsetsuna