Stephanie Dola

Trophy Thoughts?

25 posts in this topic

Love the new extreme twist of new trophies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks pretty much the same as the original, just made the bloody palace trophies required for the platinum and obviously added a few for vergil and the legendary dark knight mode. Now I have a chance to make this a platinum milestone. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I can conclude that you can play all levels with any character from what I understand here. "Clear mission x as Nero, Dante or V "

That...will make the S ranking slightly easier lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Welp, I can conclude that you can play all levels with any character from what I understand here. "Clear mission x as Nero, Dante or V "

That...will make the S ranking slightly easier lol.

I think that's what referring to the main story line (like on PS4 version) since you can also play the story on Vergil's perspective. Mission scale will probably same on "Nero, Dante or V" as on PS4 version but I'm not so sure about that, need to watch some gameplay footage when they drop for making more accurate comment (Making this comment because of Backroad trophy as Nightmare was the only one who could potentially destroy the wall (V's Devil Trigger pet)).

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
Additional note
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

I think that's what referring to the main story line (like on PS4 version) since you can also play the story on Vergil's perspective. Mission scale will probably same on "Nero, Dante or V" as on PS4 version but I'm not so sure about that, need to watch some gameplay footage when they drop for making more accurate comment.

Oh, you might be right there, just like in DMC4 SE. Might be the case, I really wished to skip Geryon Fight as V lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Copanele said:

Oh, you might be right there, just like in DMC4 SE. Might be the case, I really wished to skip Geryon Fight as V lol

or that, remember how Lady replaced Nero, and Trish replaced Dante? Thinking like this way about 5 SE too

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if there's any DLC trophies for PS4 it's likely just going to be the two with Vergil, Legendary Dark Knight, and maybe one for Bloody Palace with Vergil.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible trophy list. Why are you required to play as default characters is beyond me. If I ever to purchase SE I want to use Vergil just like DMC4, not this.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MandA60VISE said:

So if there's any DLC trophies for PS4 it's likely just going to be the two with Vergil, Legendary Dark Knight, and maybe one for Bloody Palace with Vergil.

I'm thinking of clearing the story in Vergil's vision, obtaining all skills with him, and clearing M19 with only Yamato might make to the DLC list as I believe Turbo Mode and LDK are next-gen specific (not sure if PS4 can handle all those demon spawns in LDK lol).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wording makes it seem like we will be able to play as Nero, Dante and V in any mission, however I believe that is simply the name of the "original" mode of the game where they call one "Nero/Dante/V" and the other "Vergil". I don't think we will be able to play as any of the three in any mission.

 

Spoiler

2020-11-06_21-53-25.png

 

This image from the Capcom stream shows how the modes are split, as you can see there is a "Nero/Dante/V" mode and a "Vergil" mode, similar to DMC4SE. I could be wrong though as I'm just guessing here based on DMC4SE, it's just that they never stated that you can play as any of the three in any mission, I think that's quite a big feature for them to keep silent.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think it's a terrible trophy list. They make us do S-ranks on every difficulty all over again and they don't even let us use Vergil to do it. That is just terrible. It's DMC4SE all over again with pointless padding.

Edited by SiXDenso
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the PS4 list doesn't suffer from the same restrictions as this list. I'd really like to go for the S rank trophies with Vergil.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly if you've already gotten the DMC5 plat this is pretty damn free. Not having to play as V in some of those HAH missions is a blessing cutting out the only "hard", more so tedious parts of the plat. Lemme just Nero past all of those missions no problem. 

Kinda miffed at the fact that Vergil only got 4 trophies where he matters but I honestly didn't expect much in the first place. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally love the list.

 

Also anyone else wonders why A new Job trophy is Dante only? Are they gonna add some DMC6 Hype stuff?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
Clear all missions with S rank on all difficulties as Nero, Dante, or V. (HoH, LDK excluded)

 

This seems to be the only difference I've noticed. It seems like you no longer need to S rank in Hell or Hell which theoretically makes it easier as you can use the gold orbs now?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 3:25 PM, Copanele said:

Welp, I can conclude that you can play all levels with any character from what I understand here. "Clear mission x as Nero, Dante or V "

That...will make the S ranking slightly easier lol.

slightly? I'd say the difficulty would drop to 7 if that's the case...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeeoom said:

 

This seems to be the only difference I've noticed. It seems like you no longer need to S rank in Hell or Hell which theoretically makes it easier as you can use the gold orbs now?

HoH is Heaven or Hell. You still need to S rank on Hell and Hell (HaH).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the same list as before except for the few Vergil trophies and requiring Bloody Palace for the Platinum.

 

While I had a lot of fun getting this plat on PS4 I have to admit that it was a bit stressful at points. I don't want to do all the S-ranks again.

 

They could have made this list easier tbh. Kinda like how Persona 5 Royal is made so much more simple, which is a good thing for those who already got the harder version of the platinum.

 

Anyway, I will either play this when it comes as DLC for PC, or maybe in an alt account just to go through with Vergil (and maybe replay the base game casually).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

It's the same list as before except for the few Vergil trophies and requiring Bloody Palace for the Platinum.

 

While I had a lot of fun getting this plat on PS4 I have to admit that it was a bit stressful at points. I don't want to do all the S-ranks again.

 

They could have made this list easier tbh. Kinda like how Persona 5 Royal is made so much more simple, which is a good thing for those who already got the harder version of the platinum.

 

Anyway, I will either play this when it comes as DLC for PC, or maybe in an alt account just to go through with Vergil (and maybe replay the base game casually).

Agree with all of that. It would have been nice to be able to replay the game on ps5 without having to go through all the S-Rank struggle again -.-

I had troubles with the ps4 version since I am new to DMC and don't feel like going through that again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bullet_KwT said:

I  hope vergil is playable from 1st mission. 

Just came across an Asian guy's Twitch stream and yes, Vergil is playable from the beginning/Prologue (no spoilers).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 

Can we use our ps4 save data in the special edition in ps5? 

Regards 

Edited by LazyFaisal
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, LazyFaisal said:

Hello 

Can we use our ps4 save data in the special edition in ps5? 

Regards 

No. It doesn't have a save transfer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh its just ps4 list with a few added. Free plat for anyone who is a huge DMC fan. Glad the S rank everything stayed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not being able to get the hardest trophies with Vergil is a shame, it would have bene soooo much easier/faster since he is insanely OP. Does anybody know if you can actually play all missions with all the original character? I cant check it myself, waiting for the physical release.

Edited by darkangel-play
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.