Technical Mess!

westersburg

I'm really sorry to tell you guys, that this game is a complete mess right now (patch 1.02). I was really hyped for this game and the level design didn't let me down once, but the controls feel choppy, there are situations where the framerate drops to 10-20 fps (base ps4) and there are plenty of glitches where you fall under the map, get stuck in obstacles etc. They really need to patch this.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 4

I just completed the game on easy and yea I rarely see games this unoptimized. Screen tears, slow FPS at many places (PS4 Pro), controls are not the best, enemy AI is awful. Cutscene sound isn't synced with video sometimes, one entire cutscene had no audio. Options menu movement is bad (yes something this simple isn't implemented well) and so on.

Gonna wait a day or two for a patch before starting hardest difficulty.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aeternull said:

I just completed the game on easy and yea I rarely see games this unoptimized. Screen tears, slow FPS at many places (PS4 Pro), controls are not the best, enemy AI is awful. Cutscene sound isn't synced with video sometimes, one entire cutscene had no audio. Options menu movement is bad (yes something this simple isn't implemented well) and so on.

Gonna wait a day or two for a patch before starting hardest difficulty.

Yeah i started yesterday on XIII difficulty from the beginning and i'm at mission 9/34 now. Since the enemy AI is so bad and you don't take that much damage, it's pretty easy so far. (Thank God! Higher difficulty with these controls would be a pain.)

This is somewhat disappointing to hear?

I was expecting a relatively solid title with this, but maybe nostalgia and memories are making me hope/want this remake would be decent!

Will wait until I hear more thoughts and see some more gameplay.

1 hour ago, HellcoreFire said:

To those that don't get early copies, it's a fair trade-off.

WTF. I didn't even ask for that early copy. I just preordered it regularly. Locking games before release with broken mechanics or something else is bullshit. That's just the cancer of this website. Everyone going for first platinum achiever and bitching around, when people have early copies. You can't take the leaderboard serious anyways because of that. The only leaderboards of first achiever, that do matter, are the ones, of digital only releases.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mercenary09 said:

https://www.microids.com/xiii-patch-notes/

They seem aware of the issues.

Oh wow... that's not being aware that is full blown Sniper Ghost Warrior level of unfinished, unpolished, and not ready for launch

no chance of it being worth it full price with this much issues which is a shame, I'll wait for a sale few months down the line

• Like 1

4 hours ago, westersburg said:

WTF. I didn't even ask for that early copy. I just preordered it regularly. Locking games before release with broken mechanics or something else is bullshit. That's just the cancer of this website. Everyone going for first platinum achiever and bitching around, when people have early copies. You can't take the leaderboard serious anyways because of that. The only leaderboards of first achiever, that do matter, are the ones, of digital only releases.

I was just joking, dude.

Are we sure it doesn't just play exactly like it did back on PS2/Gamecube?! Only kidding, i'm actually pretty bummed to hear this. I was definitely going to pick this up for nostalgia at the very least, but definitely waiting until a patch comes. 

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

...Saw the price though, and for basically full retail, I'm gonna pass. I'll get it in 6 mo once patched and the price is $20

Yep, after seeing this I am definitely waiting until the price drops and it's fixed! No way I'm paying full price, esp if it's not running up to par. 

The performance is lousy. I had been looking forward to this especially with the original being so good on PC and original Xbox, and I'm disappointed. For this being a $50 game, I expected it to perform better. I've seen those framerate dips... and worse. Once I had it suddenly drop down to a slideshow, making me have to close the application. It is quite unstable, and I have had it crash on me a few times. I think I'll chill on this until it gets some fixes. The glitch at 33:30 happened to me as well. Also there's some screen tearing which really should not be happening. This would be a great game if the above issues were fixed.

XIII remake is running on Unity 2018, and the original game uses Unreal Engine 2...why did they not use UE4?