Trophy Thoughts?

shadowTECnology

How much of this is missable and/or very difficult or time consuming? 

I've only played Bloodborne but this looks great. I've always been turned off by the unreasonable difficulty of these games, though. I don't have tons of time to constantly die and replay areas. I don't really want to have to refer to a guide the entire time, either.

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

How much of this is missable and/or very difficult or time consuming? 

I've only played Bloodborne but this looks great. I've always been turned off by the unreasonable difficulty of these games, though. I don't have tons of time to constantly die and replay areas. I don't really want to have to refer to a guide the entire time, either.

The world tendency will be the hardest thing to understand more than anything, and like most Souls games, there is some missables in regards to weapons, spells, etc. if you don't pay attention.  A guide can definitely help some.  It has been quite some time since I have played Demon Souls so I can't fully answer your question.

I personally find the game easier than most souls like games so you should be fine playing this especially if you have played Bloodborne (which I still need to do...) 

Edited by shadowTECnology

Looks similar to ps3 except for the weapon trophies, most of them being replaced by easy miscellaneous stuff, so definitely easier than ps3 version.

On the other side its a new engine and we dont know if they made any balancing changes, so the game itself could be harder/easier.

Surprised no "best weapon of" trophies, or "all weapons". Also surprised there was online-only trophies, boo! :P

Seems rather easy, though I never did the arrow stuff, the rest seems just like small extra challenges that should be fairly easy IMO, but don't trust my opinion on easy when it comes to this game :'D

Online trophies suck. Regardless of how easy/hard you consider the trophies in From's games to be, online was never mandatory. So it kinda sucks it is now.

And I was totally hoping for/expecting a trophy for doing a Mirror Mode run, but looks like a fun list otherwise! I wanted to save this plat for a milestone (and I might still do) but now after seeing how easy it is I kinda wanna see how fast I could plat it after replaying the OG Demon's Souls back in January.

"Vanquish the Fool's Idol without hitting any clones"?

"Vanquish Adjudicator without having him fall down"?

"Vanquish Dragon God with the Hands of God"?

What is this, a game for 10 year olds?

Pathetic list of trophies. They are desperate to appeal to normies and that one guy who wanted easy mode.

So we get the standard boss kill trophies with some new ones added, requiring to kill a few under specific conditions.

However, I don't see any Blue Dragon on that list. No Old King Doran trophy either, but you still need his sword and ring.

They added some side quest trophies.

There are two online trophies now. No big deal. Just help a guy and kill a guy.

They kept the spells and rings requirements. One trophy for completing the game.

I like that there are no weapon upgrade or collect all weapons trophies. Saves a lot of grinding.

I'd call this an improvement.

Edited by Domino_Destructo
  • Like 3

So Return to Form and Unwelcome Guest are potentially unobtainable in the future depending on the multiplayer architecture, if there is a server for it that eventually goes offline like the original Demon's Souls.

One Shall Fall will be an interesting wrinkle as that's the first thing players usually do for the boss fight is kill the archers up above the chamber.

Fists of Legend should be easy as long as they haven't changed the final phase of the boss battle much, the weapon is easily obtained nearby.

Time for Rolling May be difficult for some players as it requires pretty precise roll timing.

One Shall Stand is potentially problematic for some builds as it will require a ranged attack, somewhat the same with May you be unharmed.

For Worthy of the Sword you now finally have a reason to give him the sword I guess, a trophy, it was one of the only NPC quests without a reward in the original game.

One of the few requires Pure White World Tendency, hopefully they do a better job of explaining it in the remake.

King of Rings is probably the only question mark as they added at least one new ring to the game, who is to say how difficult some may be to get, I doubt they added new spells or miracles. King of Rings will be highly missable as it requires the manipulation of Character Tendency and World Tendency. Character Tendency can take two playthroughs to dig yourself out of a pure black hole offline in the original game unless you are able to kill people invading your game, that also boosts your character tendency toward white.

---

Assuming soul duping is not discovered, a partial playthrough of NG++ should be required for Sage's Trophy and Saint's Trophy. So lots of the things you might miss can be cleaned up in the 2nd full playthrough or partial 3rd playthrough in which you will have to full complete 3 of the 5 worlds in NG++. This is slightly less than the originally required partial NG+++ playthrough in the PS3 version.

EDIT: I guess required NG++ is not entirely true. The 3 bosses you would have to kill in NG++ give 2 magic spells and 1 miracle from their soul, so you could potentially grab 1 of the 2 spells in NG from Dragon God, Old Monk, and Maiden Astraea. Then in NG+ once you clear those 3 worlds, back-up your save, get the other half of the 3 spells for the trophy, then revert your save and get the 3 miracles for the miracle trophy. That would work as long as you already have every other sorcery and miracle in the game.

Edited by Guardian_owl

Looks easy in comparison to the PS3 versions. No more Pure Bladestone farming = a piece of cake. This is gonna be my third Demon's Souls (still need the AS version on PS3) platinum and the 1st one on PS5. Can't wait!

• Like 1