djb5f

Trophy thoughts?

21 posts in this topic

Once again a new list for the PS5 version.

Some new trophies for the revamped Career mode and the WNBA ones but it keeps the 594 Domination stars trophy which will probably stay the platinum blocker for most.

Will any of these auto-pop if you already have them on PS4 like earning the season ring (Bling Bling) or are you going to have to re-earn everything?

I would think those would pop automatically because the progress transfers.  Hopefully, there are no glitched trophies smh.  Other than that, this is probably a 300 hour platinum for me

Bet on the Woman kinda seems intimidating I wonder if it's gonna be like the online park game mode. Other than that it doesn't seem too bad. Though Devastor, wonder what that is.

Edited by Hedgito

6 hours ago, djb5f said:

Once again a new list for the PS5 version.

Some new trophies for the revamped Career mode and the WNBA ones but it keeps the 594 Domination stars trophy which will probably stay the platinum blocker for most.

Will any of these auto-pop if you already have them on PS4 like earning the season ring (Bling Bling) or are you going to have to re-earn everything?

Haven't played NBA 2K since the 2017 version (I think)....what's this 594 Dominations Stars thing?

The list looks pretty easy overall? Don't see insane online trophies like win 10 in a row.

1 hour ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

what's this 594 Dominations Stars thing?

Myteam has an offline gamemode where you play modern/historic/all-time teams with your own hand picked fantasy team. Each team you beat nets you three stars. 

As of right now, I only need two trophies for the platinum on PS4, both of which need MyTeam content updates and are currently unobtainable. I was hoping that meant a shared list over current and next gen so I’d be able to just pick up on PS5 for the last 300 or so Domination Stars. (at 100+ wins/100+ hours once you factor additional grinding for the “Geologist” trophy that felt enough).

As I own the PS4 “Mamba” Edition I have the PS5 version as a free upgrade but I doubt I’ll play it now as I feel just finishing the PS4 list is going to be all the NBA grind I can take and a concern is MyTeam progress carries over rather than fully syncs (i.e. it won’t autopop MyTeam trophies like “Win 5 games online in Limited” and the “594 Domination Stars” could end up only achievable on one system, e.g. PS5, not retrospective if you fire up the game on PS4 afterwards.

Another concern would be winning a women’s online 3v3 may be difficult down the line given trophy hunters could be the only ones playing that mode and it could die not long after launch. The “Bet on Woman” trophy could also potentially be a huge grind, 4 seasons of college will drag out MyCareer a fair bit too.

Edited by Tsundokuist

11 hours ago, Hedgito said:

Myteam has an offline gamemode where you play modern/historic/all-time teams with your own hand picked fantasy team. Each team you beat nets you three stars. 

and that's a platinum blocker because...?
Difficulty?

26 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Difficulty?

Uh it's not a platinum blocker, unless you suck.  The trophies @Tsundokuist mention could be a problem more or less, though.

Does anyone know if you didn't get the Mamba edition will you still be able to play the PS4 edition on the PS5 via backwards compatibility?

1 hour ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Difficulty?

Combination difficulty and grind.

The last domination boards will likely be HOF difficulty against all 99 rated players.  Add that to the grind of a minimum of 100 hours of gameplay for Domination alone (if you win every game), it will be the rarest trophy outside the Platinum.  

Winning a few WNBA games online or getting a Seasons ring are both easier/much quicker.

Edited by djb5f

51 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Combination difficulty and grind.

The last domination boards will likely be HOF difficulty against all 99 rated players.  Add that to the grind of a minimum of 100 hours of gameplay for Domination alone (if you win every game), it will be the rarest trophy outside the Platinum.  

Winning a few WNBA games online or getting a Seasons ring are both easier/much quicker.

It'll be interesting to see how MyTEAM plays out on the PS5 to start with. Some people will transfer across from the PS4 and some will be "new". It will be nowhere near as populated as the last-gen version, at least to start with. I imagine some cards will be put on the AH for a fortune since they wouldn't have been available before the release on that system. Won't be picking the PS5 version up so will wait for 2K22 as I'm not really into auto stacking (which I'm sure will have issues - it's 2K!)

I'm still bitter about the Season ring trophy. Got it within the first week of release after having to win 23 games. They then nerfed it to make it easier and my friend in real life played a game, the other person quit straight away and he got it the first game.

1 hour ago, Riskojk said:

Does anyone know if you didn't get the Mamba edition will you still be able to play the PS4 edition on the PS5 via backwards compatibility?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

It'll be interesting to see how MyTEAM plays out on the PS5 to start with. Some people will transfer across from the PS4 and some will be "new". It will be nowhere near as populated as the last-gen version, at least to start with. I imagine some cards will be put on the AH for a fortune since they wouldn't have been available before the release on that system. Won't be picking the PS5 version up so will wait for 2K22 as I'm not really into auto stacking (which I'm sure will have issues - it's 2K!)

I'm still bitter about the Season ring trophy. Got it within the first week of release after having to win 23 games. They then nerfed it to make it easier and my friend in real life played a game, the other person quit straight away and he got it the first game.

Yeah, I read they were making it easier as people had to grind out so many games every weekend in an attempt to get 6 rings and the Pink Diamond reward card.  Guess I was fortunate it “only” took me 15-16 wins the opening weekend.

I splurged and got the Kobe version so that I would get the PS5 version.  Now, I just need to locate a PS5!  I have to say the PS5 2K21 presentation/graphics look amazing, hopefully, the gameplay follows.  But I fully agree that the trophy stacking will likely have issues (for other games as well).  

PS5 base will be much smaller but I am pretty sure the Auction House is all connected.

Did you already finish all 3 domination boards?  I am only partially into the second; I should get back to it.

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Yeah, I read they were making it easier as people had to grind out so many games every weekend in an attempt to get 6 rings and the Pink Diamond reward card.  Guess I was fortunate it “only” took me 15-16 wins the opening weekend.

I splurged and got the Kobe version so that I would get the PS5 version.  Now, I just need to locate a PS5!  I have to say the PS5 2K21 presentation/graphics look amazing, hopefully, the gameplay follows.  But I fully agree that the trophy stacking will likely have issues (for other games as well).  

PS5 base will be much smaller but I am pretty sure the Auction House is all connected.

Did you already finish all 3 domination boards?  I am only partially into the second; I should get back to it.

I was fortunate enough to get a pre-order in, but I'm about to move house so I'm not allowing myself to set it up when I get it. It'll be my moving in gift from me to me! 😃 And I also probably wouldn't get much packing done if I did open it.

Yeah, first 3 boards are done. The final games on Historic and All-Time were pretty tough with mediocre cards but I managed to do quite a bit of dunk-cheese with PD Brandon Roy with a dunker diamond shoe (he was my standout card).

The NBA Myteam seems like an exact copy and paste from PS4 version of the game. So hopefully most of the myteam one's will autopop.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:18 PM, DColpa said:

Can anyone confirm if they do autopop?

Mine didn't. I just opened up myTEAM on the PS5 version and didn't have any trophies autopop.

Does this mean those who are going for the the PS4 platinum need to keep playing the PS4 version to obtain any remaining online trophies? I'm a bit concerned my PS5 has tracked 0/594 for the I'm A Star trophy on the PS5 trophy list even though I've already completed the 3 available Dominaton boards.

Edited by Dragon-MKD

On 11/25/2020 at 1:32 AM, Dragon-MKD said:

Mine didn't. I just opened up myTEAM on the PS5 version and didn't have any trophies autopop.

Does this mean those who are going for the the PS4 platinum need to keep playing the PS4 version to obtain any remaining online trophies? I'm a bit concerned my PS5 has tracked 0/594 for the I'm A Star trophy on the PS5 trophy list even though I've already completed the 3 available Dominaton boards.

You tried playing a game, just in case?

On 12/3/2020 at 7:57 PM, Tripple_Barnett said:

Anyone got any tips for MyTeam for someone who has never really tried to play it?

Put in every locker code they give out and pray for luck.