Looks like Playstationtrophies just did a major update to their site. Thoughts?

dieselmanchild

More news here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-32423-welcome-to-our-playstation-trophies-2-0-rollout-wave-1.html

So far it looks like a major redesign of the site to make it mobile/tablet friendly, general improvements etc. with a 2nd wave of upgrades planned that will bring some major changes like trophy/stats tracking for users.

What do you guys think? Do many of you PSNPeoples even use PST.org?

I know I do. I hate being a Negative Nancy but I’m really not sure how to feel about these changes. I just loaded up a trophy guide on there and was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS lol. I miss the old forum design already. ?

Oh well, guess this just means for now I will be on PSNP even more! I’ve always preferred the layout of the trophy guides on here anyways.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I just loaded up a trophy guide on there and was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS lol. I miss the old forum design already. 1f629.png

No bullshit I was just looking at a guide there about 30 minutes ago and when I refreshed it went to the updated page.

There's a dark/light theme icon on the top right of the page I suggest using. (that would be a nice little thing to have here tbh)

9 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Idk I kinda imaged all you old souls hanging around on Neopets or some ancient site like that.

excuse me Neopets is still ALIVE and.. well not thriving but existing. ancient, hhmph.

looks like a generic site that will probs have 50 popup ads if I turn off my adblocker

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

No bullshit I was just looking at a guide there about 30 minutes ago and when I refreshed it went to the updated page.

There's a dark/light theme icon on the top right of the page I suggest using. (that would be a nice little thing to have here tbh)

The dark/light feature actually seems like one of the cooler additions to the site. It definitely looks better in the darker format, although it makes all the bold headings in the trophy roadmaps really difficult to read (the only downside I’ve noticed so far).

5 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

excuse me Neopets is still ALIVE and.. well not thriving but existing. ancient, hhmph.

looks like a generic site that will probs have 50 popup ads if I turn off my adblocker

I actually Googled Neopets after I posted that comment, and no kidding, it really is still going strong. 

And yeah the new PST was apparently designed with the ads in mind, and yes they are still everywhere. The upside is they now fit onto the screen, whereas on the old site you’d get these annoying pop ups in the middle of the screen that you’d have to X out of. We get some of those on here too (at least I do on my tablet).

I still visit the site to look at the trophy guides in case theres something useful that isn't in the guide here. If there's no guide here, there is almost definitely one there. 

I like the design of the old site but it was showing it's age and needed a good update. I'm not sure how I feel about this design though, feels a little sterile in comparison. The trophy guides are all messed up now in terms of formatting which makes the update feel a bit poorly implemented. Still great to see they updated the site, I was worried it was going to disappear like .com did 

• Like 1

I don't like it. It has no identity and there's just so much white on higher resolutions.

Unused space on PSNP is filled with black/grey, which makes it so much easier on the eyes. That site would really benefit from doing the same.

I haven't really used it for a very long time though.

• Like 1

It's my favorite page in terms of trophies and the trophy community. I am glad we finally got that update we've been waiting for, especially since the old forum software was outdated. It's still not final, so there will still be changes and improvements over time, but I'm happy how it turned out.

The search actually fucking works so that's nice. It would never work for things like "Adam's" or "Spider-Man", anything with not so special "special" characters so you'd have to basic it up and deal with it. Actually was able to upload a profile picture for once, it's a miracle. It's more functional, but it's also really boring and same-y with here... only worse lol. Assume they use the same template, but org should really decrease the size of individual topics so more is on display at once. Everything is too big in my opinion. And the white, I don't see a dark mode at all.

And did they just purge all the old topics or is it still being transferred over? There's a lot of important info in the forums there.

edit; there is a dark mode, the circle in the top right. That's what I get for looking in settings... you'd think it'd be in both, but maybe I'm blind.

Edited by Elvick_

I remember hearing something was coming like maybe two or more years ago, so I bet the regular members there are really happy the day has come! It looks nice and modern, a much needed breath of fresh air for the site, and right on time for the PS5 launch. :) Looks like they will be getting something along the lines of automatic profile updating from what I'm reading too. Some things seemingly aren't quite finished yet so it'll be cool to see the upcoming updates

The only thing I used was the Checklist, partly because when I did use a guide from there, I wouldn't see the trophies that I earned to shorten the list, basically. Also, "My stats" seems to be broken, when I press it, I'm back at the forums. Maybe it's for a new update and they'll bring the checklist back?

EDIT: Alright, the profile section (can be accessed via the forums is a carbon copy of the one on this site. 

Edited by Berendsapje

Everyone please bear in mind that the transition of the new PST site is still taking place. Lots of features are still being implemented and lots of bbcode will get converted over the coming week, so if you're missing features or think something looks weird or out of place, please be patient and check back in a while. 

Edited by Robinworldwide
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robinworldwide said:

Everyone please bear in mind that the transition of the new PST site is still taking place. Lots of features are still being implemented and lots of bbcode will get converted over the coming week, so if you're missing features or think something looks weird or out of place, please be patient and check back in a while. 

Appreciate you passing that on. I’m looking forward to checking it out when they have finished it all 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, black__bunny said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this design though, feels a little sterile in comparison. The trophy guides are all messed up now in terms of formatting which makes the update feel a bit poorly implemented. Still great to see they updated the site, I was worried it was going to disappear like .com did 

I agree with this 100%.

The new design and features are around the site are growing on me and overall, it is a nice improvement to most of the site. But personally, the main thing I used PST for was the trophy guides, and I feel the update has thrown the formatting for the guides all out of whack. There’s way too much white space on the forums, and it makes the guides look like really large walls of text that are both hard on the eyes and difficult to read in an organized fashion.

The good news is that I expect this is something that will change overtime as the update continues to roll out, and guide formats are adjusted to fit the new design. 

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

The good news is that I expect this is something that will change overtime as the update continues to roll out, and guide formats are adjusted to fit the new design. 

Basically this - we're pushing through everything as fast as we can. You'll see the guide updates happen soon enough ^-^

• Like 2