My concern for next gen trophy hunting.

mvpeast

I am not sure if that’s a good direction for the ps5... Even more easy platinums and absolutely waste of money except for grinding leaderboards.

Double lists ps4/ps5 versions, 1-hour platinums and cross region stacks gonna make trophy hunting even more pointless than it is now.

I feel like Sony doesn’t care about me the trophy system at all and they never bother to set a standard for next gen.

Each game should have 1 list and that’s it in my opinion. But seeing ps4 and ps5 stacks of same games means that it will be another mess.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Trophy hunting is what you make it. I go for quality over quantity and it’s certainly not pointless to me.

It feels like a chore already to keep track of which stack goes to which region and which game. Trophy hunting is very tiring if you are going for numbers. I reached my first goal of level 800 today but the next goal takes around 650,000 - 700,000 exps and I dont feel like getting there anytime soon.

I didn’t play ps4/vita for like 7 years so yeah it’s very hard to choose “quality” games to play coz I had a broken ds4 controller for years and games are not running well on the old gen.

PS5/Series X is the first good start for 60 fps 1080p gaming on consoles. I can finally start playing games “for fun”. Locked 60 fps is really the minimum requirement.

Edited by mvpeast

40 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

You have multiple stacks of easy indie games. Bit rich for you to be complaining about the very thing you are doing. 

I am getting very tired of trophy hunting at this point. It’s impossible to get high level on psn without playing “easy games”. Those games take a lot of time to complete too because let say 1 game = 1-2 hours. That’s easily 1000+ hours.

I am hoping that PS5 will set a standard for all games going forward. 1 list for each game and no more duplicates. Leave those in past gen and start fresh.

BUT unfortunately it’s probably never gonna happen and it will be another mess again.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I am getting vert tired of trophy hunting at this point. It’s impossible to get high level on psn without playing “easy games”. Those games take a lot of time to complete too because let say 1 game = 1-2 hours. That’s easily 1000+ hours.

We all have our own reasons for trophy hunting. But what you are doing I do not consider trophy hunting. You are trophy whoring and yes I do make a distinction between the two. 

Sorry, I don't mean to be harsh. 

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

We all have our own reasons for trophy hunting. But what you are doing I do not consider trophy hunting. You are trophy whoring and yes I do make a distinction between the two. 

Sorry, I don't mean to be harsh. 

I played some quality games on ps4 too but going for leaderboard kinda forces you to “trophy whore”. There’s no other way to get couple hundreds of platinums that easily. I stopped trophy hunting for 7 years and I didn’t start 12 years ago so it’s already impossible to catch up. I got my first goal today so I am thinking about not going for the 999 cap. It’s just too much.

7 minutes ago, TrueMrBubbles said:

Why caring about levels? If people want to play shit easy games then let them. Like the guy above it's all about quality above quantity. Having fun is whats gaming is about

It’s up to the person to choose if they want levels or not. I didn’t really grind on psn for many years and this pandemic kinda gives me the time to get some levels so I just want to see how far I can go by challenging myself.

I plan on slowing it down when I get my PS5 though because I can finally play games at 60 fps/1080p on a console. I reached level 800 today and almost 700 platinums so I am pretty satisfied with the result.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1

Easy platinums are one thing, but I think maybe replications of existing trophies might be the biggest part. I've noticed stacked trophy lists have not been a thing for quite a while. It used to be the case you'd have

PS3 Vita

PS4 Vita

PS3 PS4

PS3 PS4 Vita

and especially now due to PS5 having the trophy tracking system and not introducing any form of PS4 PS5 trophy lists so far.

Seems like there are actually going to be more trophy lists and stacks more than ever before. We don't know about VR yet but I guess PS5 VR stacks will also have repeated trophy lists, can you imagine that? If you have about 40 VR games on PS4, are you automatically going to have access to 40 more trophy lists on PS5?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I played some quality games on ps4 too but going for leaderboard kinda forces you to “trophy whore”. There’s no other way to get couple hundreds of platinums that easily. I stopped trophy hunting for 7 years and I didn’t start 12 years ago so it’s already impossible to catch up. I got my first goal today so I am thinking about not going for the 999 cap. It’s just too much.

Yes you did play some quality games on PS4. If by feeling satisfied means you get to experience some truly great games than go for it!

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Easy platinums are one thing, but I think maybe replications of existing trophies might be the biggest part. I've noticed stacked trophy lists have not been a thing for quite a while. It used to be the case you'd have

PS3 Vita

PS4 Vita

PS3 PS4

PS3 PS4 Vita

and especially now due to PS5 having the trophy tracking system and not introducing any form of PS4 PS5 trophy lists so far.

Seems like there are actually going to be more trophy lists and stacks more than ever before. We don't know about VR yet but I guess PS5 VR stacks will also have repeated trophy lists, can you imagine that? If you have about 40 VR games on PS4, are you automatically going to have access to 40 more trophy lists on PS5?

It’s gonna be a mess... People don’t know the pain unless they tried to stack trophies. It’s very confusing and so easy to miss certain stacks.

Some games are removed on vita store already without notice so it’s impossible to download them anymore.

You better believe the PS5 will be filled with easy plats sooner or later, get your shovels ready!

This one doesn't necessarily seem all that bad though, looks like a Japanese game with not-so-great English descriptions. But probably not your usual 15 minute platinum

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Yes you did play some quality games on PS4. If by feeling satisfied means you get to experience some truly great games than go for it!

I can’t have fun on ps4 due to fps drops and broken controller. That’s why I am buying a ps5. I don’t care about graphics at all but if a game is lagging all the times. It’s really hard to enjoy. 60 fps is the minimum requirement for smooth gaming.

Just now, mvpeast said:

I can’t have fun on ps4 due to fps drops and broken controller. That’s why I am buying a ps5. I don’t care about graphics at all but if a game is lagging all the times. It’s really hard to enjoy. 60 fps is the minimum requirement for smooth gaming.

I get what you're saying about smooth gaming but high frames per second doesn't equal more fun though. There are games that are even below 30fps which are bangers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Then... don't do it? Nobody is forcing you to buy every game with an easy platinum or multiple stacks of trophies and then play them all through to 100% completion for a virtual trophy which nobody but yourself cares about. If you have fun doing it, fair enough, but you are making it sound like it's something you're forced to do and every time Sony approves an easy game, you HAVE to buy and play it - you don't.

Play games you like, obtain the extra trophies because you're having fun, and enjoy the game you're playing. Once you find it a chore or aren't excited at playing the games anymore, you need to step back and think if you are spending your time wisely or wasting your time for no reason. I don't even bother looking at trophies any more unless it's a game I really like - I'm happy with just finishing the game in most cases these days.

I set a goal for myself and I reached it today. It was level 800.

Many people are stuck in the house in this pandemic so I challenged myself to see how far I can go before ps5 comes out. I reached gold 3 stars badge and I’m not crazy enough to go for platinum badge. It may come eventually but I’m not rushing it anymore.

I simply can’t enjoy games if they run below 60 fps. 

7 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I get what you're saying about smooth gaming but high frames per second doesn't equal more fun though. There are games that are even below 30fps which are bangers. 

It’s true that some games can be enjoyable at 30 fps or even lower, like turn based rpg or mystery solving games. It’s just that I really love action games and they kinda need 60 fps.

Monster Hunter, dungeon crawlers genre, etc just to name a few.

12 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

You better believe the PS5 will be filled with easy plats sooner or later, get your shovels ready!

This one doesn't necessarily seem all that bad though, looks like a Japanese game with not-so-great English descriptions. But probably not your usual 15 minute platinum

Not gonna continue this pattern. I still have about 100 “easy” games to complete but after that I’m probably gonna stop. I kinda want 1000 platinums eventually though.

Edited by mvpeast

38 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I feel like Sony doesn’t care about the trophy system at all and they never bother to set a standard for next gen.

They probably never will care, the trophy hunting community represent about 1% of playstation, maybe even less. Look at all the easy games, theres like 500 to 2000 achievers on average, that's low. If sony's pocket grow bigger even a little, they won't change anything. It will only affect the top players in the leaderboard since they constantly have to buy every stacks to keep their ranks. 1hours/fewminutes stacks are here to stay and everyone need to accept it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kulzyc said:

They probably never will care, the trophy hunting community represent about 1% of playstation, maybe even less. Look at all the easy games, theres like 500 to 2000 achievers on average, that's low. If sony's pocket grow bigger even a little, they won't change anything. It will only affect the top players in the leaderboard since they constantly have to buy every stacks to keep their ranks. 1hours/fewminutes stacks are here to stay and everyone need to accept it.

You are right. It’s sad that we will never get a standard on the PSN. Trophy hunting is more like who has the bigger pocket. It’s a stupid system in my opinion. I don’t think you can stack trophies on Steam, right?

Edited by mvpeast

13 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

You are right. It’s sad that we will never get a standard on the PSN. Trophy hunting is more like who has the bigger pocket. It’s a stupid system in my opinion. I don’t think you can stack trophies on Steam, right?

Steam is even worse, there's a bunch of third party cheats that unlock achievements, and there's no cap on how many achievements a game can have, i mean check out this game with almost 2k achievements, that's nuts

• Like 1