My concern for next gen trophy hunting.

mvpeast

I understand people worrying and wanting stacks to almost completely end unless something has to be completely cut out of another version.

But to break the news to you sony doesn't care at all about trophies as they don't ban trophy cheaters and i can name about 6 in total and they aren't banned and we have to use third party websites for trophy stats and leaderboards. 

30 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I fail to understand what the new found concern is here on this thread.  Are people concerned all a sudden about too many easy games and stacks?  Play hard games then.  You don't have to be concerned about trophy hunting being pointless you are in control of your own list and nobody ever cared about your list except you anyway.  Easy games and stacks have been a thing for some time now.  At least now we are getting some stacks for some actual real AAA titles rather than ratalaka bullshit.  I don't stack games normally, only once, but I'm kind of happy to be able to get two new COD's for the price of one and Watch dogs twice for one price.  In a year or two the cross generation stacks will disappear and you can go back to stacking ratalaka.  

Not many AAA games or popular games that have difficult lists, though. 

1 hour ago, mvpeast said:

I feel like Sony doesn’t care about the trophy system at all and they never bother to set a standard for next gen.

Each game should have 1 list and that’s it in my opinion. But seeing ps4 and ps5 stack of same games means that it will be another mess.

At least before the ps4 was released there was a regulation by Sony: so called AAA games should have a :platinum: and non AAA shouldn't. When ps4 came, many games had shared lists between ps3 and/or Vita and/or ps4. And very few titles had different region trophy lists too.

Sony dropped their system a while after ps4 release. And after that came the time of very easy games with a :platinum: and with the 2nd wave arrived the Ratalaika games.

@topic

Don't worry about it. Play what you want. If you want the :platinum: of Spiderman on both ps4 and ps5, go for it. If you want it on one system then go for it. Only your opinion matters for your profile :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Just now, steel6burgh said:

i really don't care if it's difficult or not as long as it's quality.  that is what is important i imo.  

For me, some difficult trophy lists do add to the quality of an overall trophy hunting experience. Like Demon's Souls trophy list. It's an easy list. It's a good list, but for me it would have been better if it had more challenging trophies. For players like me, who do like a challenge with their trophies, I am often "forced" to play obscurer, less known games to actually get a decent challenge. I wish more popular games actually had hard lists. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

Giving 2 trophy lists for ps4 upgrades is stupid and makes the ps5 releases less valuable 

According to who? Mortal Kombat is one of my favorite franchises, and the fact will get another MK11 list for PS5 gives me a reason to play it on that console instead of just playing the PS4 version. Same thing with DMC 5 and Spiderman. So to me it increases the value of PS5's releases

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

For me, some difficult trophy lists do add to the quality of an overall trophy hunting experience. Like Demon's Souls trophy list. It's an easy list. It's a good list, but for me it would have been better if it had more challenging trophies. For players like me, who do like a challenge with their trophies, I am often "forced" to play obscurer, less known games to actually get a decent challenge. I wish more popular games actually had hard lists. 

I like bit of a challenge sometimes also.   Noticed you recently finished Nex Machina.  Congratulations on that I need to dedicate myself to that veteran play through but I practice at it awhile and then leave it for 6 months and I need to stick with it.  Maybe try resogun or matterfall made by same people.

Edited by steel6burgh

1 hour ago, TrueMrBubbles said:

Could not care less. Everybody is free to waste their money on shit games just to improve their ranking. I decided to not play those kind of games and not stacking any other games even this means I can't stack games that I absolutely love like the witcher and Bioshock. Everybody has a choice and the guys that care about ranking will have a blast with stacking a'd playing easy shitty games

I'm not even on the leaderboards and I stack lists I just like having a good reason to revisit old games down the road

I'm fine with multiple trophy lists for a single game because it gives me another reason to play it if I really enjoyed it. I've done this with a couple of games already and I'm really looking forward to platting Persona 5 again on PS5 (although that might take some time, I haven't even played Royal yet). I do understand the concerns however for cases where you just start up a game and unlock all trophies in mere seconds because you've already completed the game on another plattform. I can see this being an issue for people who care about leaderboards but since I personally don't, it does not really bother me.

You guys do realize playing a game backwards compatible won't give it a new list right? It will still share the same trophy list as it did on the PS4 because it isn't a PS5 game, and won't be treated as such. Your trophies and progress will carry over and can even pop on PS5 but you aren't gonna have an entirely new list just for playing a game backwards compatibly. 

Edited by JackisJack_

19 minutes ago, JackisJack_ said:

You guys do realize playing a game backwards compatible won't give it a new list right? It will still share the same trophy list as it did on the PS4 because it isn't a PS5 game, and won't be treated as such. Your trophies and progress will carry over and can even pop on PS5 but you aren't gonna have an entirely new list just for playing a game backwards compatibly. 

Yeah true but just look at the newest trophy lists that appeared here on psnp include i.e.Spiderman PS5, Borderlands 3 PS5 those have a seperate PS4 trophy list already

for me I would say who cares just trophy hunt the way you want and enjoy yourself, sure tom dick and harry are making piss easy trophy games but who cares it is not like they are putting a gun to your head telling you to play their games or stack and so on. for me I only stack games for two reasons, one because I love the game a lot and or the other reason it is because I want to stream the game on the ps4/ someone got me to stream and so on. sure I might come off looking like a trophy stacker or them people who wants to stack all easy games and or games that crap but I don't care as I enjoy my time with all the games I play well I try to.

I mean I just got done playing visage and I thought it would be an ok game but it sucked badly and yeah I did play peasent knight before plating visage but I thought I try that game out on stream and yeah it was crap but it was fun to stream it as I get to show people how crap it is and or laugh at it and so on but yeah I might be crazy to some but to others am not all I can say is enjoy your time being a trophy hunter in whatever way you do it in.

I'm finding it pretty hard to make up my mind about how I feel about the potential of a lot of PS4 games getting new PS5 lists suddenly. On one hand I actually enjoy buying remasters etc because it gives me an excuse to replay a game a few years down the line, on the other hand I think I'm going to feel a little overwhelmed trying to go through and play a lot of my old PS4 games. I know that's sort of just a me problem as I don't have to play them but still.

I think I'm going to be pretty strongly disappointed if they are auto poppable, sure it means I'm in store for a huge influx of platinums etc personally but it also means everyone else is, it would just lead to a huge platinum bloat and I'm not sure if I like that thought. Makes each and each new platinum feel like less in a way. 

Though if someone put Wolfenstein II in front of me and told me I could do Mein Leiben again I don't think I would be able to resist.

I honestly didn’t like the way trophy hunting is going for years now, even the fun exclusives I used to buy day one became a joke no challenge at all, just complete the game and some side quests and then congrats you got your self a new platinum.

that’s why I moved to indie/fighting games genre, more challenging plats, don’t get me wrong I love the exclusives but there is no challenge anymore.

btw did you guys notice that the trophy gap was changed dead by day light has like 149 trophies I think in one list, can’t wait for Minecraft to add more trophies ?

• Like 1