Destruction AllStars - Trophy Thoughts?

Golem25

I'm surprised no one has created a thread for this game yet, considering it will be a PS Plus offering for February AND March 2021 upon release (source). As such, I imagine this is going to be played by vast swathes of the PSNP community, perhaps not unlike what we saw with Fall Guys.

Now I've no doubt that AllStars will be nowhere near the hit that Fall Guys was, but it will still attract significant attention as an early PS5 exclusive. It will be published by Sony and is being developed by Liverpool-based Lucid Games, who made Travel Bug and Jacob Jones for the PS Vita and co-developed Need for Speed Payback for EA, but otherwise mostly have ports to their name. Some key developers were previously with Studio Liverpool, which made the WipEout games, and Evolution Studios, which brought us Motorstorm and DriveClub.

AllStars appears to be an odd mix of vehicular combat and 'hero' abilities a la Overwatch, and allows you to play offline against bots in a few modes. However, 19 of the 27 Trophies on the list seem to be multiplayer-exclusive which is going to be a massive pain - I wonder how boostable these will be in private lobbies. There appears to be a collectible-related Trophy as well as a '100% complete' Gold for the SP portion (50 confirmed 'events'), so this likely won't be a ten-to-fifteen-hour Platinum.

Destruction AllStars launches somewhere in February 2021, only on Playstation 5.

Edited by Golem25
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2020 at 7:57 PM, Alderriz said:

Wait, why is the trophy list up 3 months early? Has this ever happened before?

On 11/9/2020 at 10:39 PM, communistwookiee said:

It has. Usually with late-stage delays. Spyro Reignited went up two months early.

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne was also up at least 2 months before release, if I remember correctly.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:34 AM, Golem25 said:

I'm surprised no one has created a thread for this game yet, considering it will be a PS Plus offering for February AND March 2021 upon release (source). As such, I imagine this is going to be played by vast swathes of the PSNP community, perhaps not unlike what we saw with Fall Guys.

Now I've no doubt that AllStars will be nowhere near the hit that Fall Guys was, but it will still attract significant attention as an early PS5 exclusive. It will be published by Sony and is being developed by Liverpool-based Lucid Games, who made Travel Bug and Jacob Jones for the PS Vita and co-developed Need for Speed Payback for EA, but otherwise mostly have ports to their name. Some key developers were previously with Studio Liverpool, which made the WipEout games, and Evolution Studios, which brought us Motorstorm and DriveClub.

AllStars appears to be an odd mix of vehicular combat and 'hero' abilities a la Overwatch, and allows you to play offline against bots in a few modes. However, 19 of the 27 Trophies on the list seem to be multiplayer-exclusive which is going to be a massive pain - I wonder how boostable these will be in private lobbies. There appears to be a collectible-related Trophy as well as a '100% complete' Gold for the SP portion (50 confirmed 'events'), so this likely won't be a ten-to-fifteen-hour Platinum.

Destruction AllStars launches somewhere in February 2021, only on Playstation 5.

Yeah you're right but trophy hunters will like this more since you don't have to win 5 games in a row. It'll still take IMO 20-30 hours but with the gold challenges trophy maybe more. We'll see.