Are You Buying Next-Gen OR Skipping it

hlomsa

Personally, I feel like Gaming has just become boring

There aren't many games that do anything new (especially in those 'AAA' one's)

Let's be honest for a sec

Nowadays games are 70+dollars and I do not understand how people accept to be charged such a high amount not understanding just how much of a Ripoff that is. I know most will say ''Games are expensive to make'' which is complete BS when looking at the money those companies make and pay they're CEO's, Shareholders etc while DEVs are paid PEANUTS 

• Like 4

I will be buying next generation, I’m just really not in a hurry to do so. It’s not really worth it launch for me, as I’d rather wait for reviews to roll on, bugs and problems to be worked out, and more games to be released. 

I agree with some of your other points though. I rarely buy new games these days as it is, as not only are they extremely expensive ($80-90 CAD), but games these days are increasingly broken and unbalanced at launch, nor is the full product released initially. Every game these days uses the DLC model, which milks more money from us consumers, and annoys the shit out of me as a trophy hunter. Generally, I wait for most games to go on sale, and I like to grab the complete editions that come loaded with all the DLC.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, hlomsa said:

Nowadays games are 70+dollars and I do not understand how people accept to be charged such a high amount not understanding just how much of a Ripoff that is. I know most will say ''Games are expensive to make'' which is complete BS when looking at the money those companies make and pay they're CEO's, Shareholders etc while DEVs are paid PEANUTS 

Sounds like you need to look around for a different genre. Maybe try something beyond the generic shooters, personally I'm big on strategy and simulators.

Games are expensive but that's simply because the tech is new. Give it a year and games will start going on sale. That or find a new hobby if it's outside of your budget. I find soldering and small scale robotics fills my technology itch, when gaming doesn't.

I am just wait and see approach.

There is no must play for me atm and first year they are hard to come by. So it is better for thing can get on sale along with games and then buy later down the line like at least 1-2 year. ($70 play a big factor on how I selective to play the fane on launch now.)

I personally hate white design so wait for me is going to be benefit as new model/color is bound to release later plus wait for software to fully function/ have someone give try and true method on tips/upgrade storage etc.

Wait is better for me, but for everyone who get it on launch, enjoy your new console!

Edited by FielVeredus

As annoyed as I am with some of Sony’s choices for the PS5 (ie can’t copy saves, can’t use external HDD to store games) I’m still going to buy one eventually. I’ve never dropped cash for a launch console so I’ll give it 12-18 months for a price drop, any bugs being found and some more choices in games before I do.

I’ve got plenty to play on both ps3 & ps4 so I’m in no rush

1 hour ago, hlomsa said:

Either gaming isn't for you or you need to broaden your horizons. There's more out there than "AAA".

1 hour ago, hlomsa said:

I couldn't imagine ever paying that much for a game. I brought 7 games off the store in the sale last week altogether for just over £20.

No, I'm in no hurry for the PS5, I'll wait for the second revision, too much PS4 still to do.

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

When you buy a recent movie on BluRay you pay 20 / 30 dollars just for a movie, which is 2 hours max ?

So if you put the ratio to "$ paid / min used" ... i don't think video games is a Ripoff (in my opinion ! :) )

Plus you can usually get most games for $30 after 4-5 months.

Personally gonna get a ps5 as soon as I can find one, Loading times alone will save me hours upon hours this is especially important when trophy hunting and fast travelling or re doing levels over and over to get S ranks 

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 1