Division rank infection method for big leagues

I saw that there was a game session a while ago for bo2 where people were trying to make the trophy obtainable again. Has it been tested yet? If so and it has been proven to work, would it be flaggable to go for the trophy this way? This topic was also discussed in one of the threads regarding the trophy. What was the result?

On 2020/11/10 at 1:48 PM, Alihsan621 said:

As the one who found out this method, I can tell you it didn’t work. It’s 2020, first PS5s being shipped. Let this topic rest. 

Nah we shouldn't let the topic to rest my guy. We could try to bombard Activision with BBB complaints and then maybe they would do something about it. I know it sounds stupid, but it worked when people did it for Splinter Cell Blacklist owned by Ubisoft.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, Alihsan621 said:

As the one who found out this method, I can tell you it didn’t work. It’s 2020, first PS5s being shipped. Let this topic rest. 

So did you actually gather 12 players and win 5 matches with the Division rank infection to confirm, or are you assuming it won't work? Because this actually seems like it would work in theory.

1 hour ago, CristianX-97 said:

So did you actually gather 12 players and win 5 matches with the Division rank infection to confirm, or are you assuming it won't work? Because this actually seems like it would work in theory.

Actually, 12 players are for Moshpit Series while 8 players for Champions Series, so you need 8 players minimum in order to do this :D

• Like 1

On 12.11.2020 at 5:42 AM, I_Am_Yuta_1999 said:

We could try to bombard Activision with BBB complaints and then maybe they would do something about it.

That has been done already 

On 12.11.2020 at 8:32 AM, TeamPlayer_1999_ said:

Actually, 12 players are for Moshpit Series while 8 players for Champions Series, so you need 8 players minimum in order to do this :D

it was tested with a lobby of 12. If you really wanna do this, try it with 16 players. 

I was part of the 12 player testing group: it didn't work.we're pretty sure. Maybe we did something wrong but I wouldn't be able to think of anything other than getting a 5 wins in the same lobby (I think we had to disband at one point).. As Alihsan said: we tried the 12 player mode: I think a 16 player mode test should be conducted. A 16 player test where all 5 wins are done in the same lobby. 

1 hour ago, Alihsan621 said:

That has been done already 

I understand that, but I got an another idea on this. Why not we seek assistance with people from trueachievements.com (website for Xbox achievement hunters (aka Xbox version of psnprofiles.com/(URL not allowed)) this time? I know for sure some people on Xbox wants to get the achievement badly, so maybe we could try to get into touch and seek help! I mean the case with Splinter Cell Blacklist for Ubisoft was successful because I believe lot of people filed BBB complaint to Ubisoft to fix online trophies just like how it was done for Black Ops 3's Gorod Krovi "Love and War" trophy! I mean I did get Big Leagues legit and I am here to help those who haven't! Heck I know numerous friends of mine who haven't so I want to scratch their back just like how they did with me for when I was trophy hunting for other games!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I was part of the 12 player testing group: it didn't work.we're pretty sure. Maybe we did something wrong but I wouldn't be able to think of anything other than getting a 5 wins in the same lobby (I think we had to disband at one point).. As Alihsan said: we tried the 12 player mode: I think a 16 player mode test should be conducted. A 16 player test where all 5 wins are done in the same lobby. 

You sure this didn't work? I am thinking maybe did you guys screw up tiny bit? Correct me if I am wrong here, since I am curious about this testing

• Like 1

Blacklist was a bug they refused to fix and went down without notice. Black Ops III got fixed because it was still the current CoD at the time and folk were buying the DLC that couldn't be finished, they had to fix the d3coration trophy as well. This CoD is 8 years old, the League Play was on for 3-4 years and had plenty of notice that it was going down (around June of that year IIRC) BBB can't really do anything as nothing was really breached. @Alihsan621 I'm sorry you've had to throw in the towel mate, it sucks the infection route didn't work ?

17 minutes ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Blacklist was a bug they refused to fix and went down without notice. Black Ops III got fixed because it was still the current CoD at the time and folk were buying the DLC that couldn't be finished, they had to fix the d3coration trophy as well. This CoD is 8 years old, the League Play was on for 3-4 years and had plenty of notice that it was going down (around June of that year IIRC) BBB can't really do anything as nothing was really breached.

I don't mean to sound rude, but was there a notice before they took seasons off from Black Ops 2 League Play? Because I don't remember there was any notice/warning of discontinuation of seasons for League Play!

I think this might be bit irrelevant on this forum's topic, but take a look at this online journal (URL below) back in November 2015 (a month before League Play was discontinued), like why take an online feature out when there were lot of people playing at the time (not mad at you TOAST13TOA5T, but mad at stupid decision Treyarch/Activision made)!? Also, someone explain to me why is there seasons still ongoing for Black Ops 3's Arena mode? Was this a way to deliberately fuck with trophy/achievement hunters (I am not mad, just curious and confused that's all)? Since not only Black Ops 2 is the only CoD that is 100%/Platinum trophy unobtainable, but also it is one of the if not, the greatest CoD ever made! :(

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-04-nearly-12-million-people-are-still-playing-call-of-duty-black-ops-2#:~:text=Boom.&text=4 November 2015-,Nearly 12 million people are still playing Call of Duty,%2C August and September 2015).

Edited by I_Am_Yuta_1999
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, I_Am_Yuta_1999 said:

Snip

I'm pretty sure there was something about it as its the only reason i did it, i don't usually do the ranked side of CoD hence why I've packed the series in now. Activision have never done anything in the interest of the gamer (again look the series now)only in the money, 98% of Blops 2 sales for the last 6 years will have been second hand so even though there's lots of players that love it they aren't seeing money from it so why keep it updated?

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T

10 minutes ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

I'm pretty sure there was something about it as its the only reason i did it, i don't usually do the ranked side of CoD hence why I've packed the series in now. Activision have never done anything in the interest of the gamer (again look the series now)only in the money, 98% of Blops 2 sales for the last 6 years will have been second hand so even though there's lots of players that love it they aren't seeing money from it so why keep it updated?

I mean I understand your point there (not trying to be argumentative), but someone has to explain to us why they keep Black Ops 3's Arena Mode's seasons still ongoing despite the fact not many people play/purchase Black Ops 3 anymore compared to 2015 - late 2018 and present day...  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_Am_Yuta_1999 said:

I don't mean to sound rude, but was there a notice before they took seasons off from Black Ops 2 League Play? Because I don't remember there was any notice/warning of discontinuation of seasons for League Play!

There was no notice at all whatsover as far as i know. The problem is activision not only is notorious for shutting down features without any notice, they also reserve the right to do so. Its printed on the back cover of all their games. They have done this to several other games that have unobtainables.

I don’t believe in a bbb complaint or trying to get activision to fix it anymore. I lost all faith in their company as i refuse to buy any of their games new anyway. I just think the website should ignore it altogether honestly. Either that or whitelist it. 

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Why does someone have to do that?

I was just being sarcastic about what I said earlier, BO3 doesn’t have trophies related to Arena Mode (aka BO3 version of League Play), but yet seasons are still ongoing. However for BO2, they have trophy related to League Play and they stopped seasons for unknown reason despite the fact when the game was severely popular back when Big Leagues became unobtainable :/

I'm just saying they might have done that just to deliberately fuck with trophy/achievement hunters like come on seriously :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, I_Am_Yuta_1999 said:

I'm just saying they might have done that just to deliberately fuck with trophy/achievement hunters like come on seriously :(

Hanlons Razor says maybe not. 

Occoms Razor says BO3 being newer and BO2 being older is reason enough for BO3 to still be up, but taking down BO2. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Occam's Razor says BO3 being newer and BO2 being older is reason enough for BO3 to still be up, but taking down BO2. 

This^

EA and 2K use the same logic as to why they close down their sports game servers after 2 years. Activision, like most other developers/publishers, don't give 2 shits about trophies or Trophy Hunters so whatever the reason they disabled the Big Leagues feature, it wasn't because of some weird dislike of Trophy Hunters.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Occoms Razor says BO3 being newer and BO2 being older is reason enough for BO3 to still be up, but taking down BO2. 

Who’s Hanlons Razor may I ask?

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

EA and 2K use the same logic as to why they close down their sports game servers after 2 years. Activision, like most other developers/publishers, don't give 2 shits about trophies or Trophy Hunters so whatever the reason they disabled the Big Leagues feature, it wasn't because of some weird dislike of Trophy Hunters.

I mean sports games are expected to close in 2 years or so since they’ve been repeating the same thing years after years so and they actually announce server closure before they do so unlike Activision. Because Arena Mode for BO3 and League Play for BO2 are pretty much same thing, but minor difference if you ask me. I mean BO2 League Play was discontinued 3 years after it was released, and look at BO3, it's 5 years old at this point, but they keep continuing to support Arena Mode.... But that's just me :/

2 hours ago, TeamPlayer_1999_ said:

Who’s Hanlons Razor may I ask?

Its not a who lol 

He is saying its likely to have more to do with bo3 being newer and bo2 being older and not about trying to screw over trophy hunters. None of us really know for sure why they decided to discontinue the feature but they don’t really give a shit about us and our aggravation with this trophy, otherwise it probably would have been fixed after half a decade of complaints.