PS4 to PS5 Trophies Autopop?

Hello, as someone in the UK I will not get a PS5 till the 19th. If anyone who has both the PS4 and PS5 versions if you were to transfer your save to the new console will the trophies auto pop? Would be great if someone could let me know as then I will hold off playing till the 19th when the new console arrives :)

15 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Many of the games gets you a free update, but it seems that most won't let you transfer your save. The only one that really confirmed it so far has been Days Gone. What that means for autopop? I have no idea.

about 1 hour ago Insomniac also said you can transfer your save from regular PS4 Marvel's Spider-Man to the PS5 Remastered.

I wonder if it means autopop?

I guess fact is we won't know for sure until the PS5 releases and people start testing it out. All we can do is speculate at the moment. Personally, I want AC Valhalla to be my first PS5 trophy, and at this stage I don't want to have to complete a separate ps4 list as well, so I'm waiting, despite the pain of it even being delivered in the mail on the 9th, a day earlier than the release haha.

33 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Many of the games gets you a free update, but it seems that most won't let you transfer your save. The only one that really confirmed it so far has been Days Gone. What that means for autopop? I have no idea.

Days Gone is BC not a separate PS5 version so it won't have a new trophy list at all and you can use your saves with all BC games.

UbiSoft launched cross progression so you will be able to carry over PS4 progress to PS5 in their games.  Miles Morales has cross save and as mentioned above SM Remastered will via a future update.  Sackboy will have cross save but again coming via a future update.  Certain things cross over with NBA 2K21 and the EA Sports games.  But nobody has covered what it will do with trophies yet either because of embargos or nobody that has a PS5 yet cares about something like that.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hayabusa85 said:

But nobody has covered what it will do with trophies yet either because of embargos or nobody that has a PS5 yet cares something like that.  

Agreed that it's odd nobody has covered this. Hopefully in coming days when a lot of PSNProfiles community gets hold of them the questions will be answered.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 8:53 AM, MoreThanAble said:

Agreed that it's odd nobody has covered this. Hopefully in coming days when a lot of PSNProfiles community gets hold of them the questions will be answered.

how about the xbox dudes? has anyone said anything about achievements stacking?

This is why I didn’t want to play a ps4 version of the game that I know was getting a ps5 version of the game. I didn’t think that trophies will auto pop so you will need to play the portion of the game again to get them to pop anyway. And still need to play the previous version of the game to finish that version if you care about incomplete trophy lists.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jpfield said:

This is why I didn’t want to play a ps4 version of the game that I know was getting a ps5 version of the game. I didn’t think that trophies will auto pop so you will need to play the portion of the game again to get them to pop anyway. And still need to play the previous version of the game to finish that version if you care about incomplete trophy lists.

On the one hand I thought the same but on the other hand I don't want to wait two weeks until I can start playing Valhalla on the 19th.

I really hope my approach with saving just before the trophy will work out.

3 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

This is precisely why trophies for cross-gen games (especially those with free upgrades and cross-gen save sharing) should have a shared list like on Xbox. This is going to become really messy. I get it if you have to buy the game again because they don't support upgrading, but if they do, it makes no sense for them to have 2 trophy lists. 

Agreed. Its really annoying that they don't share a list. Good thing I have exams now so I can't play till the 27th so I am going straight into the PS5 with the PS4 disc. I hope dlc and such is also cross platform without issues. Side note: Has anyone tried using games from another region other than their main account on the ps5? It works exactly like the PS4 right