PS4 to PS5 Trophies Autopop?

I have been playing the PS4 version for a few weeks as I was able to review the game. My PS5 save not only didn't auto pop the trophies, but it didn't even pop trophies as I did them.

For example, assassinating someone from my horse did nothing. Taking off all my skill points and reapplying them did nothing. Unequipping and re-equipping all my abilities to have eight slotted abilities did nothing. Having my horse swim a few feet did nothing.

The only trophies out of the few I tried that did unlock were bringing a weapon up to max rank and building a settlement building (which didn't not unlock the "get to level X" trophy, just one for building something).

This is not fun because, unless someone finds a way, it does not look like you will be able to use the cloud save to make local saves on both platforms to avoid two 100% playthroughs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I have been playing the PS4 version for a few weeks as I was able to review the game. My PS5 save not only didn't auto pop the trophies, but it didn't even pop trophies as I did them.

For example, assassinating someone from my horse did nothing. Taking off all my skill points and reapplying them did nothing. Unequipping and re-equipping all my abilities to have eight slotted abilities did nothing. Having my horse swim a few feet did nothing.

The only trophies out of the few I tried that did unlock were bringing a weapon up to max rank and building a settlement building (which didn't not unlock the "get to level X" trophy, just one for building something).

This is not fun because, unless someone finds a way, it does not look like you will be able to use the cloud save to make local saves on both platforms to avoid two 100% playthroughs.

Damn. I guess it's better to wait a bit instead of getting this crap. -_- Thanks for sharing.

12 hours ago, Benjiunkix said:

So I'm going to play on PS4 and get the platinum. Because I couldn't pre-order PS5 as it sold out very quickly while I was working and I could get a PS5 in 2021. I hope, sooner.

I think I'm going to do the same. Then once I get the PS5 finally, down the road I can plat it again if I get the urge. 

I'm wondering, were you guys making these exact same posts when ACIV received two separate lists upon the PS4 launch? ?

Irregardless of the fact that completing the game probably takes five times longer than ACIV (seven times on PS4 if the load times are as bad as Odyssey ?), this reeks of pure entitlement. No one is forcing you to stack the game, either.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

I'm wondering, were you guys making these exact same posts when ACIV received two separate lists upon the PS4 launch? 1f914.png

You could not share saves between PS3 and PS4. You can do that on AC Valhalla between PS4 & 5 that why this thread was started. So you see there was no need to wonder about autopop trophies or if trophy progress carried over between saves when it comes to AC: BF.

So because people want to inform themselves they are entitled? 

For people that don’t want to wait and start on PS4 just like me, you can make a save right before popping a certain trophy and then import that save to PS5 later to pop the trophy there aswell, the way you import the save is by saving over on the cloudsave on Ps4 with the save that is right before the trophy pop and then load the cloud save on Ps5.

I know its a really cheap method and a lot of you will probably not like it but after a 127hour grind I was not ready to do it all over again on the PS5. Idk if this will get me banned from the leaderboards but know that the strat works for everyone that wants to skip the grindy trophies like “completionist all the way”  

Edited by RMStrooper046
Extra info
  • Like 1

Some trophies auto pop while playing a new game.

I completed AC Valhalla on PS4 and got the Platinum Trophy yesterday. I have now started the PS5 Disc version. First I loaded a save game from the PS4 where I already got the Platinum. I started a new game and got the Sudsex Story Trophy after my first kill in Norway. When I did the Skadis Hobby Trophy I also got the Hadrian's Wall Trophy. I think some trophies will Auto Pop while playing a new game after the loading of a previous PS4 save game.

53 minutes ago, Snorof88 said:

I started a new game and got the Sudsex Story Trophy after my first kill in Norway. When I did the Skadis Hobby Trophy I also got the Hadrian's Wall Trophy.

Just happened to me today aswell, right after update 1.04.

I've never played ACV on ps4, and i have about 1hour on ps5 (i'm doing first side activities in Stavenger). Got those 2 trophies instantly during my first fight (when you chase the guy that sell your father's stuff).

Edited by Shorah-

On 11/26/2020 at 11:14 AM, NarcissusBaz said:

Anyone else has a problem, where not all their ps4 trophies popped on ps5? No idea why, but I did not get the level 3 settlement trophy among others.

The Builder trophy will auto pop the next time you build something in your settlement, well at least it did for me.

What I'm wondering is, will PS4 trophies pop if you play the PS5 version first.

Edited by TheOne_WhoKnocks