PS4 to PS5 Trophies Autopop?

On 31/12/2020 at 10:02 PM, MrTrofyHunter said:

Thanks for taking some time to research and sharing. I will wait a bit and monitor forums to see if any solutions are found in the meantime and see if Ubisoft will fix when they can. Would hate to start a new game again. Appreciate it

Heyo. Just wanted to give you an update.

Unfortunetly maybe no the news we wanted. Ubisoft recently put out a known issues list - https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-jan-8/1

There appears to be no mention of trophies issues we've had at all :(

I think we might need to reach out to their social media and remind them its an issue.

2 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Ubisoft Connect Achievements are here!  

Added in-game support for Ubisoft Connect achievements to the game. 

• Unlock conditions for Quest-related or not-repeatable achievements: 
    • Achievements where unlock conditions have been met will pop when the player completes a new quest. 
  • Unlock conditions for Countable/repeatable achievements:   
    • Achievements will pop whenever the player performs an achievement-related action past the unlock condition. 

Oh my god

13 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

Ubisoft Connect Achievements are here!  

Added in-game support for Ubisoft Connect achievements to the game. 

• Unlock conditions for Quest-related or not-repeatable achievements: 
    • Achievements where unlock conditions have been met will pop when the player completes a new quest. 
  • Unlock conditions for Countable/repeatable achievements:   
    • Achievements will pop whenever the player performs an achievement-related action past the unlock condition. 

Oh my god

Can anyone confirm if this does fix the trophy issue?

Edited by deeps_rj
  • Like 1

Wait so this new update doesn't fix the trophies that didn't auto unlock? Then what exactly are Ubisoft Connect achievements?
One of the later updates popped all but a few PS4 trophies on PS5 for me (and one vice versa), but it didn't get every single one. I had to use a few manual saves to get those.

But I want to know if it works well going forward.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

Well, I popped a few more trophies uploading a couple of my cloud saves from the PS4 version of game after the update. Not all of them, unfortunately. May have to resort to loading a save prior to the completionist and disorder of the ancients unlock conditions. Still need to beat all orlog players and complete the Suthsexe Arc again. Just 4 more trophies now. Wish it was easier. Sorry guys. If someone can explain and find another way to unlock the other trophies let us all know.

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Wait so this new update doesn't fix the trophies that didn't auto unlock? Then what exactly are Ubisoft Connect achievements?
One of the later updates popped all but a few PS4 trophies on PS5 for me (and one vice versa), but it didn't get every single one. I had to use a few manual saves to get those.

But I want to know if it works well going forward.

Ubisoft connect achievements are separate from trophies. You can earn credits and other items that Ubisoft offers if you have an account and connect it with your psn profile and complete certain challenges in game. It’s pretty cool. got the app too. 

learn more here: https://ubisoftconnect.com/en-US/?isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

1 hour ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Ubisoft connect achievements are separate from trophies. You can earn credits and other items that Ubisoft offers if you have an account and connect it with your psn profile and complete certain challenges in game. It’s pretty cool. got the app too. 

learn more here: https://ubisoftconnect.com/en-US/?isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

Ah thanks. That is confusing and disappointing, to be honest.

I still don't see where these achievements are though. I just see the normal challenges and rewards.

I guess more is explained here and they are PC achievements.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

On 1/14/2021 at 7:47 PM, MrTrofyHunter said:

this fellow gamer did it within 2 hours and on the same day.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11783-assassins-creed-valhalla/zadorvp

May have used back up saves.

Will update and report back if possible.

Bummer, if not.

Yeah, unfortunately only possible with backup saves :( I read about the auto-pop details before starting the game and started keeping saves before certain trophies would pop (this did result in me being power level 400 + 50 mastery before pledging to a second arc in England xD). As a result I had very few saves to use for actual game advancing near the end of the game as I had assumed far fewer trophies would auto pop (I looked at Blackmaggot92's auto-popped trophies and incorrectly assumed from that). The auto-popping itself was quite annoying even with all the saves since Ubisoft servers were not working properly and refusing to do cloud saves on the PS4 version after a while. I lost the connection to Ubisoft Connect for an hour before my last trophy for beating all Orlog players could be cloud saved, so my time could be beaten easily if someone wanted to.

20 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

Yeah, unfortunately only possible with backup saves :( I read about the auto-pop details before starting the game and started keeping saves before certain trophies would pop (this did result in me being power level 400 + 50 mastery before pledging to a second arc in England xD). As a result I had very few saves to use for actual game advancing near the end of the game as I had assumed far fewer trophies would auto pop (I looked at Blackmaggot92's auto-popped trophies and incorrectly assumed from that). The auto-popping itself was quite annoying even with all the saves since Ubisoft servers were not working properly and refusing to do cloud saves on the PS4 version after a while. I lost the connection to Ubisoft Connect for an hour before my last trophy for beating all Orlog players could be cloud saved, so my time could be beaten easily if someone wanted to.

Thanks for the clarification and your approach @zadorvp. Yeah, I was able to get some with cloud back up saves but some trophies I just did over again. Doing the completionsist and Disorder of the Ancients again from a save I had close to the finish. Wish it was easier.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 2:32 AM, boujim said:

Hello,

I have platine AC Valhalla on ps5, i want try to do on ps4 with my saves but i dont have a backup save for colony level 6 how can i do it ?

Sorry, can’t speak to PS5 to PS4 but from PS4 to PS5 I have some experience. Maybe other members of the forum can shed some light. 

i uploaded my save from the ps4 to ps5. when i was short of a few trophies at the end.

i got most of trophies.

the ones that didn't pop were the suthex arc and the Disorder of the Ancients. as this one pops early due to a glitch on the ps4 on v1.00. make a manual save for this two.

also

The Hidden Truth make a manual save

Orlog Champion make a manual save.

Good Catch! make a manual save.

once u need to transfer the save just load the save on the ps4 and then exit the game. switch to the ps5 n u should  have a auto save load it n complete the trophy.

make a save before completing a action for a trophy to be safe in case it doesn't autopop.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Maybe I'm overthinking this but I've just finished my PS4 plat with no issues at all (playing on the 5)

I have the disc version so I've now upgraded to PS5 version but when I load the PS5 version I don't see any of my PS4 save files, it wants to start a new game everytime I load in

I've checked and confirmed they're all saved to the cloud etc but everytime I download it triggers to replace the current files on my HD so it definitely knows the original files are there

Am I meant to do something pre loading the game?

TIA

• 2 months later...

I played Wrath of the Druids PS4 to 100%, loaded the save up on PS5, wandered around and killed a few guys/broke a few boxes.  Nada.  

I reloaded a save in the middle of the final mission, quickly did the final boss again, and then all of them autopopped.

• 1 month later...

i am having alot of issues with the auto popping.

i have the platinium on Ps4 and had then saved my game to the cloud.

I then loaded the save on my ps5 and no trophies are popping at all...

i tryed assasinate the dummy but i only got 1 trophy for doing that, and that was the silent viking trophy for assassinating 10 enemies in row.

I tryed fast traveling and killing some enemies and doing some raids after but no trophies pop.

Anyone have a solution for this?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 11:18 PM, XeoZin said:

i am having alot of issues with the auto popping.

i have the platinium on Ps4 and had then saved my game to the cloud.

I then loaded the save on my ps5 and no trophies are popping at all...

i tryed assasinate the dummy but i only got 1 trophy for doing that, and that was the silent viking trophy for assassinating 10 enemies in row.

I tryed fast traveling and killing some enemies and doing some raids after but no trophies pop.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Looking at your list, the rest you have left is very easy to redo. Some of them like the breakable door and fish should pop the moment you do just 1. The only one you might have trouble with is the sword in the stone and the first raid in England, the latter of which will only take about 3 hours max. If you have a save before speaking with King Alfred at the end reload that as that should auto pop a lot of trophies once you've completed the quest.

As for me, only Thor's Hammer and the sword in the stone trophies popped. I had to reload the save before speaking with King Alfred in the final mission for the more annoying trophies to pop but even so not all of them did, so I just redid the rest as they were easy and could be done any time. For 'Orlog champion' I had a save before doing the last 5 so I just redid those and trophy popped, same with the treasure hunt. Not ideal but I've come to expect that from this mess of a game by now. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok fellow hunters, I am about to begin The Siege of Paris DLC and Mastery Challenges to get back up to 100%. My question is should I start on PS4 and complete all trophies and then transfer save to PS5 for those trophies to pop or vice versa? Also, what is the best way to attack these? Thanks