The Prestige Trophy Has Been Replaced

Nitroman65

6 hours ago, Nitroman65 said:

Normal is power 1180,hero - 1220, legend - 1250, and master -1280. 

5 hours ago, mumik08 said:

Thanks

Note, that is just the recommended power for each difficulty (Grandmaster is 1300 btw). You can enter each of those difficulty's below their recommended level but you won't do as much damage and will take a lot more. For grandmaster though, you HAVE to be 1270 to enter it.

This trophy is now a major pain. For starters, Grandmaster is not available until December 22nd and it will only be for a few weeks. 

Secondly, levelling up if you don't buy the DLC or the Season Pass is a pain, so vanilla players will have to grind beyond belief to get to the required level of 1270.

For understanding, I'd estimate I've put in 40 hours this past week levelling up and I'm only 1216. 

I won't have any raid to help me get gear now, as they were all deleted by Bungie unless you buy the DLCs. This means I can only get Pinnacle gear via Gambit, Crucible, and Nightfall really.

I believe it will take 40 hours a week, every week until 22nd December to hit 1270 at this rate. 

Finally, it all resets again when the next Season starts. Absolute nightmare. 

3 hours ago, Impulsive_Dean said:

This trophy is now a major pain. For starters, Grandmaster is not available until December 22nd and it will only be for a few weeks. 

Secondly, levelling up if you don't buy the DLC or the Season Pass is a pain, so vanilla players will have to grind beyond belief to get to the required level of 1270.

For understanding, I'd estimate I've put in 40 hours this past week levelling up and I'm only 1216. 

I won't have any raid to help me get gear now, as they were all deleted by Bungie unless you buy the DLCs. This means I can only get Pinnacle gear via Gambit, Crucible, and Nightfall really.

I believe it will take 40 hours a week, every week until 22nd December to hit 1270 at this rate. 

Yeah well, I guess we better not give up.

3 hours ago, Impulsive_Dean said:

what's the light light of the new raid?

37 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Someone already wrote this on page 3 I'll post it here

18 hours ago, Nitroman65 said:

Normal is power 1180,hero - 1220, legend - 1250, and master -1280. 

Here it is

39 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

And for Grand Master it's 1300

4 hours ago, Impulsive_Dean said:

Finally, it all resets again when the next Season starts. Absolute nightmare

Don’t forget you’ll need luck as well. Quite a bit. I’ve had pinnacles drop over and over again in the same slot, impeding progress towards higher light. Last season I had 5 pinnacles in a row land in the helmet slot. 

1 hour ago, bigrake1 said:

Don’t forget you’ll need luck as well. Quite a bit. I’ve had pinnacles drop over and over again in the same slot, impeding progress towards higher light. Last season I had 5 pinnacles in a row land in the helmet slot. 

*sighs*(Thanks for the information though) Guess I'll just get every trophy except for Nightfall on Master and GrandMaster.I really love the game my Top 5 games even if I played 10 hours but I have way too many games to platinum or finish the story so this game will not be platinumed for me.(I know before I was saying that I will plat it no matter what but I just got extra games that I need to get too)

I'll just have to hope I get A Rank after getting 4 more trophies.

Edited by mumik08

2 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

Nightfall on Master difficultly is challenging but doable.  

Yeah but I have a lot of other games to get to and can't grind my ass off for one game now don't get me wrong really well-made game they made here. For me, this game is better than the first but I don't want to grind too much I'll get the trophy for finishing 30 challenges, 5 heroic public events,  Collecting 15 red war exotics (BTW could anyone help me with that because I haven't found useful information because of the new Beyond Light expansion) and lastly for completing a normal Nightfall strike.

4 hours ago, mumik08 said:

Collecting 15 red war exotics (BTW could anyone help me with that because I haven't found useful information because of the new Beyond Light expansion) and lastly for completing a normal Nightfall strike.

You can buy them from Xur and from the Exotic Vault at the tower. Random drops as well can happen.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:42 PM, mumik08 said:

Well I played beyond light for 4 hours did at least 15 public events, one raid, Last call mission and the start of beyond light ann I'm power 1084 I started with 1050.You and a few other people were telling me it will take me 200-300 hours.I know it won't take me 50 hours but maximum 150 hours to do nightfall stike or does it get harder to get power as we increase our power level.In total I've played 8 hours.4 hours for shadowkeep and 4 hours for beyond light but obviously it only counts for 4 hours because everything was reset.How much power level do you need for night fall strike and master nightfall strike I know Grand Master is 1300 but I don't know the other 2.I also am not going for DLC trophies so yeah easier.

We said multiple times over 4 pages that u need to get pinnacle gear and reach 1300 just to even start the GM nightfall.  Ofc reaching the softcap is easy thats not the issue we been telling u the issue is after the softcap.  U seem to not know a lot about destiny 2 which isn't bad or such but u shouldn't be then like that we dnt know what we talking about since u levelled up fast when we literally told u in every comment that the hard cap is the issue .  I think the ppl who tried to explain it over and over to u have lots experience with destiny we been saying its grindy to level up and why and explained it in detail and yet u dnt understand and say we been wrong cuz u leveled up fast in the first levels . Also u need to be 1300 ATLEAST to enter it . Dnt mean u will manage it or ppl wanna help u with that power level or ur gear . There is NO matchmaking for this nightfall so u need to find ppl and most experienced ppl will put up KWTD or kick which means u need to know what to do .  Not to bring ur hopes down but 10 hours a week ? Is not enough 

2 hours ago, littleprincessJJ said:

We said multiple times over 4 pages that u need to get pinnacle gear and reach 1300 just to even start the GM nightfall.  Ofc reaching the softcap is easy thats not the issue we been telling u the issue is after the softcap.  U seem to not know a lot about destiny 2 which isn't bad or such but u shouldn't be then like that we dnt know what we talking about since u levelled up fast when we literally told u in every comment that the hard cap is the issue .  I think the ppl who tried to explain it over and over to u have lots experience with destiny we been saying its grindy to level up and why and explained it in detail and yet u dnt understand and say we been wrong cuz u leveled up fast in the first levels . Also u need to be 1300 ATLEAST to enter it . Dnt mean u will manage it or ppl wanna help u with that power level or ur gear . There is NO matchmaking for this nightfall so u need to find ppl and most experienced ppl will put up KWTD or kick which means u need to know what to do .  Not to bring ur hopes down but 10 hours a week ? Is not enough 

Yeah sorry. I didn't understand what you guys were saying when you were saying that there's a soft cap but then someone replied explaining that soft cap means you can't level up normally and that you'll need pinnacle engrams now I understand what a long grind it's gonna be so yeah I'm sorry but I just didn't understand when you were saying soft cap.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that players (roughly 14 now and counting) continue to earn the Prestige trophy even though Grandmaster difficulty will not be accessible for players until Dec 22. How have players earned this trophy since Nov 10 when Beyond Light dropped, when the trophy requirements changed?

1 hour ago, bigrake1 said:

I see that players (roughly 14 now and counting) continue to earn the Prestige trophy even though Grandmaster difficulty will not be accessible for players until Dec 22. How have players earned this trophy since Nov 10 when Beyond Light dropped, when the trophy requirements changed?

That's a very good question actually ahah.

Maybe they found some kind of glitch, i haven't read anything about that so far but I'm not playing the game so much anymore.

It wouldn't be a first in Destiny.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:33 AM, bigrake1 said:

I saw you posted a separate thread for this too, but I wanted to answer here as well.  This game is crossplay with PC, so if you achieve all that stuff on PC then load your profile on PS4, you basically get all the trophies automatically, and it's timestamped when you loaded the profile instead of when you did the thing.  That's why people have 100% times of like 1 minute, which is sad if you had the old "fastest to 100%" before crossplay was active.  Just sayin'.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FeelTheCosmos said:

I saw you posted a separate thread for this too, but I wanted to answer here as well.  This game is crossplay with PC, so if you achieve all that stuff on PC then load your profile on PS4, you basically get all the trophies automatically, and it's timestamped when you loaded the profile instead of when you did the thing.  That's why people have 100% times of like 1 minute, which is sad if you had the old "fastest to 100%" before crossplay was active.  Just sayin'.

Grandmaster is unavailable on PC currently, so the auto-pop would not work in this case.

Completing the Leviathan raid on Prestige. 

I can see now how some players could be popping the trophy by transferring their old saves from PC to PS4. I think it’s a charitable stretch to think this accounts for the reason these trophies are popping in these 14 or so cases, but without investigating each profile carefully one at a time, I couldn’t definitively  say. 

Even though I’m 100% in D2, I “main” this game. I don’t trophy hunt it. I’m usually on daily. Personally, my intuition prompts me to think most popping this trophy between Nov 10 - Dec 22 have cheated. But without carefully examining what happened for each specific case, I have to tentatively allow someone might have an old save file that is being transferred in from PC to PS4.

Edited by bigrake1

18 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

if you really want to know, maybe ask the people got the trophy.

I don’t. My question was, how can this be popped currently. I think I understand how that happens now. A good chance by a cursory examination shows that population would provide the least credible information.  

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1