Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Trophy Thoughts

PS4 list is also on Exophase right now: https://www.exophase.com/game/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-psn-2/trophies/

So for those wondering, seems to be the same list, so stackable for those that want to play the PS4 version and the PS5 version.

Since I wont be getting a PS5 right away (damn things be expensive, got to save up a lot for one), will do the PS4 version which hopefully wont have any performance issues.

But as for the list itself, seeing it properly, it does look like fun for sure, but man, a NG+ trophy.  But at least it just means that, that we can just take the upgrades into the new game again and whoop some ass.  At least there's no difficulty trophy (otherwise, I would tie that in with my NG+ run).

I do like that trophy for going through the whole social feed after you beat the story.

Looks pretty similar to the first game's list and there don't appear to be any missables and even if there are there is NG+

Completing optional objectives in crimes might be but if I recall in the first game crimes continued to spawn even after completing the districts

Getting a spectacular might be missable too?

Looks like a fun list and we'll most likely unlock everything on your way to 100%

1 hour ago, Railshock said:

Looks like a fun list, although I'm not too excited to see NG+ as mandatory for the plat.

It's possible that it's like TLOU and TLOU Part II where to unlock all skills will only be unlocked via NG+ as there isn't enough skill points.

Edited by Nitro

Looks like some pretty standard stuff. Although I'm also not too stoked to see NG+ as part of the base 100%.

That said, this game is supposed to be shorter than Spider-Man, so the story can probably be run through in 4-6 hours. Maybe less. Hopefully cutscenes are skippable in NG+.

11 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Better having NG+ part of the main list instead of releasing it as a patch 3 months from now. 

Came here to say just this, while I’d prefer to not have NG+ trophies in general... they’re becoming a standard it seems. So I respect the choice to at least put it in the main list right away.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Better having NG+ part of the main list instead of releasing it as a patch 3 months from now. 

Absolutely. I like to finish a game and move on, not have to revisit it every few months for silly trophies that should either be there from the start or just not exist at all.

I don't have a ps5 secured yet, but this is likely the first real game I'll have for the system. Astrobot is installed and free and Bugsnax is on Plus, so I'll probably do both of those, too, but Miles is the best of the three.

4 hours ago, Railshock said:

Looks like a fun list, although I'm not too excited to see NG+ as mandatory for the plat.

I actually prefer this. It always annoys me when games do this months after release with Very Hard - the game isn't fresh anymore and the difficulty becomes asinine. It's just boring and seems something that would be so easy to implement on launch, so why not do so? I don't object to NG+ when it's included in the main list, as your expectations are set. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

This is a very good point. I never usually go back when they patch ng+ trophies months later as there are too many games to play and it never seems worth sitting through an entire campaign for one trophy

• Like 2

Not a fan of new game plus playthrough to get the platinum.  There's a dozen games all coming out on the same day.  I have to keep things moving.  But its a minor gripe

5 hours ago, Railshock said:

Agreed, between the 3 games i purchased, astros playroom, and bugsnax free on plus, ill have 5 games on launch. i hate jumping between games when going for a plat, but i might have to in this case.  

I would prefer it to be without NG+ in general, but as long as it's fast in a way that you transfer all your skills and points and can grind some random events in case you missed them or otherwise put it on easy and rush just the main story path and skip cutscenes for a playthrough surely sub 4-5hrs it's ok.

But if mandatory NG+ in larger games e.g. Tsushima, RDR's or anything larger and tied to a lot of world traversal becomes the norm it would just be pointless PITA. You can do a speedrun through the Outer worlds, Uncharted, or Mafia no issues but my last cleanup run even on very easy on TLOU2 was getting boring as hell.

(still better than MP trophies though)

6 hours ago, adumr82 said:

urgh I thought Sony were shying away from multiple playthrough trophies for the plat

I know first party studios has went away from difficulty trophies but I don't recall anything about multiple play throughs. I mean The Last of Us part II takes almost 2 full play throughs to plat and this should be shorter than that with 2 full play throughs.

At first I wasn't to keen on a new plus game trophy but than I remembered that I played all the Infamous games through 2 times for platinum's except First Light and this should be shorter than all of them.

Edited by snakebit10

NG+ trophies are so hot right now! Overall, it's not a surprising list and I'd say even with the inclusion of a NG+ trophy, it'll still be a shorter platinum than Spider-Man. I'm just delighted it's getting a PS4 release, seeing as I'm going to be waiting a while before making the leap to PS5.

3 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

I'm generally not a big fan of NG+, because for me a game is finished when I've played through it. But if this trophy already exists, then there are two points of view:

On the one hand, I'm happy if I know what's in store for me when this trophy is available immediately, and not months later (when I've already put the game aside). But it has the disadvantage that it is necessary for platinum.

On the other hand it has the advantage that NG+ is not necessary for platinum if it is supplied as DLC, which is an advantage for all those for whom 100% is not so important and only want platinum.

But in the end it doesn't matter to me, I want to have 100% if possible. I would like it best if there was an NG+ mode, but no trophy for it ^^

• Like 3