is it still possible to earn PS4 trophy list on PS5?

Voland44

considering that many folks will have PS5 soon and that game have separate PS4\PS5 lists is it possible to asquire PS4 trophy list on PS5? can someone confirm that, without speculations

p.s. also i wonder what if i will buy PS5 version on PS5 digital, would i have access to PS4 version digital as well

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Voland44 said:

considering that many folks will have PS5 soon and that game have separate PS4\PS5 lists is it possible to asquire PS4 trophy list on PS5? can someone confirm that, without speculations

p.s. also i wonder what if i will buy PS5 version on PS5 digital, would i have access to PS4 version digital as well

I shared this video the other day. At the 3:15 mark it shows them earning a trophy in Fallout 4 while playing on PS5 in BC mode.

1 minute ago, sealightbreeze said:

So, what you are asking is if you have a PS4 copy and a PS5 copy, can they both be played on and earn trophies for each system respectively by playing them both on PS5?

yeah

1) can PS4 version be played on PS5 even if i have PS5 version as well

2) if yes, would i have acess to PS4 version if i will buy PS5 version in PSN

What I gather is that versions of games are grouped, so demos, betas etc. for a game would all be under the same game in your library. Presumably this extends to cross-gen games, so PS4 and PS5 versions will be visible under the same game if you have both. But it is possible that the system restricts access to the PS4 version when you own the PS5 version.

What I do know is that free next-gen upgrades aren't automatic. You have to claim them manually unless you specifically buy the next-gen version on the store. So I would suggest in your case that you buy the PS4 version of the game, and play that backwards compatible version on your PS5 (you won't "own" the PS5 version yet, even though you are entitled to it). Once you have completed it, you can then take up the offer of the free next-gen upgrade. 

Spider-Man Remastered is probably a bad example because it may well still be separate to the original Spider-Man. But, as I understand it, the two versions of Miles Morales, for example, will be considered to be the same game, even though there are separate trophy lists.

looks like we should wait two days when more ppl will lhave PS5, to clarify that...

tbh i dont get why every PS4/PS5 crossgen/update title have separate lists. we have PS3/PS4/PSVita mutual lists whole generation(even some PS3/PS4 crossgen titles) and yet PS4/PS5 with crossave, somehow different

Edited by Voland44
  • Like 1