Which version will you be playing?

Which version will you be playing?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Which version will you be playing first?

• PS5
    • PS4 Pro
    • PS4

As of right now I don’t have any plans to purchase a P55, in fact I’ll wait a few years until perhaps a new model is announced (like a PS5 Pro if it exists) which makes the system smaller but also more powerful.

Part of that is also the reason why I might skip the PS4 version of Miles Morales, in case I decide to go for the new system and get that version. But that’s still under consideration, I’m a PS4 Pro owner as of this moment.

As for yourself, which version do you plan to buy and play?

Edit: For those who choose to go for both version, it's cool! But which version would you go for first and on which platform?

Edited by Crzy Minus

Just want to confirm something since i’m not getting a ps5 until early 2021

if i buy the ps4 version for 50$ i get the ps5 copy for free right? So i can get 2 platinums for the same price.

then i can upgrade my copy to the deluxe edition for an extra 20$ when ever i get my ps5 and can platinum the remastered version of spiderman 2018?

• Like 3

Since I don't have a PS5 preordered and who knows if/when I can get one, what I would LIKE to do is maybe play the game on PS4 PRO and then, eventually when I get a PS5, maybe do the Complete the Game on New Game+ trophy on the PS5.

They just announced that the first Spider-Man game will allow save file transfers to the PS5, but will Miles Morales do the same, and if so, how does that affect the two separate trophy lists?

16 minutes ago, LightningBreath_ said:

Just want to confirm something since i’m not getting a ps5 until early 2021

if i buy the ps4 version for 50$ i get the ps5 copy for free right? So i can get 2 platinums for the same price.

then i can upgrade my copy to the deluxe edition for an extra 20$ when ever i get my ps5 and can platinum the remastered version of spiderman 2018?

Everything you asked is confirmed by Insomniac themselves, so yes.

You can buy the PS4 version, later insert it into your PS5 and it will be upgraded to PS5 version, from there you can go to a menu and pay 20$ more for the Remaster of the 1st game.

About the 2 plats situation, I think that's pretty much confirmed since there are 2 lists on this site, no?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Everything you asked is confirmed by Insomniac themselves, so yes.

You can buy the PS4 version, later insert it into your PS5 and it will be upgraded to PS5 version, from there you can go to a menu and pay 20$ more for the Remaster of the 1st game.

About the 2 plats situation, I think that's pretty much confirmed since there are 2 lists on this site, no?

I was planning to save the first experience for the ps5 cuz I thought it would be a shared list, but if we're getting separate lists, might as well just do the ps4 now and ps5 later.

as long as we know trophies won't auto pop cuz that would be pointless, will have to wait until people have their own ps5 to test the possibility of trophies auto popping.

1 hour ago, EPICRAGE said:

Since I don't have a PS5 preordered and who knows if/when I can get one, what I would LIKE to do is maybe play the game on PS4 PRO and then, eventually when I get a PS5, maybe do the Complete the Game on New Game+ trophy on the PS5.

They just announced that the first Spider-Man game will allow save file transfers to the PS5, but will Miles Morales do the same, and if so, how does that affect the two separate trophy lists?

even if it does auto-pop on PS5, that trophy won't auto-pop on PS4 because the saves only transfer up, not down

• Like 1

PS4 hands down. Considering how nearly all PS5 games are not only also coming out for the PS4 but also include a free upgrade to the PS5 version, I would actually consider it pretty dumb to buy the PS5 version of any cross-platform games announced thus far.

Right now, the PS5 feels more like a Demons' Souls machine than anything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zenpai said:

PS4 hands down. Considering how nearly all PS5 games are not only also coming out for the PS4 but also include a free upgrade to the PS5 version, I would actually consider it pretty dumb to buy the PS5 version of any cross-platform games announced thus far.

Right now, the PS5 feels more like a Demons' Souls machine than anything else.

Yep, 100%. I switched my PS5 copy for a PS4 copy. I'll probably pickup secondhand copies of PS4 free upgrade games down the track too.

6 minutes ago, Zenpai said:

Considering how nearly all PS5 games are not only also coming out for the PS4 but also include a free upgrade to the PS5 version, I would actually consider it pretty dumb to buy the PS5 version of any cross-platform games announced thus far.

I pre-ordered Miles Morales Ultimate edition for PS5 and received both versions of Morales + remaster of original.

Edited by Akrioz

As others have said, seeing that now the PS4 and PS5 have two separate trophies lists meaning two platinums (I was holding off preordering based on if the trophies lists were shared or separate, as if shared I was going to get the PS5 version). Being separate I’m going to get the PS4 version, play it and get the platinun trophy. 
Then when I get a PS5 (hopefully this year or start of 2021) I’ll put in the PS4 disc to get the PS5 version for free and then also pay the little extra to get Spider-Man Remastered but, I’ll just save both Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales trophy lists/platinums for a later date.