Which version will you be playing?

Which version will you be playing?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Which version will you be playing first?

• PS5
    • PS4 Pro
    • PS4

So, if I pucrchase the PS4 version, it will get upgraded to PS5 version along with the trophy list when I play it on PS5. However, if I buy the PS5 version, I'll be locked out of the PS4 version, unless I purchase a copy of the PS4 version. This is the new norm, isn't it? :hmm:

Edited by zizimonster

58 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

So, if I pucrchase the PS4 version, it will get upgraded to PS5 version along with the trophy list when I play it on PS5. However, if I buy the PS5 version, I'll be locked out of the PS4 version, unless I purchase a copy of the PS4 version. This is the new norm, isn't it? :hmm:

In most cases that seems to be true, and I would always get PS4 first to guarantee both copies. However, MM was specifically listed as providing a backward upgrade. You could double-check to make sure but I remember reading a statement about letting ppl play on PS4 until they get their PS5 to play the PS5 purchase.

4 hours ago, Zenpai said:

PS4 hands down. Considering how nearly all PS5 games are not only also coming out for the PS4 but also include a free upgrade to the PS5 version, I would actually consider it pretty dumb to buy the PS5 version of any cross-platform games announced thus far.

Right now, the PS5 feels more like a Demons' Souls machine than anything else.

you didn't have to add the dumb part bruh

4 hours ago, Zenpai said:

PS4 hands down. Considering how nearly all PS5 games are not only also coming out for the PS4 but also include a free upgrade to the PS5 version, I would actually consider it pretty dumb to buy the PS5 version of any cross-platform games announced thus far.

Right now, the PS5 feels more like a Demons' Souls machine than anything else.

Well, i don't know yet, but my local store will sell PS4 and PS5 game at the same price. I'm considering buying PS5 editions because of second hand sell value. I guess PS5 games will lose less value on a short period of time, while PS4 editions will most likely take a big drop.

I'm not sure i'd be able to handle doing the same 20-ish hour platinum game twice in a row, so i might as well buy it on PS5, sell it, and sometimes later, buy it again second hand on PS4, losing less money, and avoiding playing the same game twice in a row :)

1 hour ago, PortaLuna said:

In most cases that seems to be true, and I would always get PS4 first to guarantee both copies. However, MM was specifically listed as providing a backward upgrade. You could double-check to make sure but I remember reading a statement about letting ppl play on PS4 until they get their PS5 to play the PS5 purchase.

I've never heard of backward upgrade, actually. You mean if I purchase the PS5 copy, I'll also get access to the PS4 copy with said copy?

16 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I've never heard of backward upgrade, actually. You mean if I purchase the PS5 copy, I'll also get access to the PS4 copy with said copy?

Yes, here's the official quote on the topic but it's exclusive to buying the digital copy of MM. This seems to be the exception, as most games you need to buy the PS4 version. 

Additionally, if you buy a digital copy of a PS5 edition of the game, you can also download the standard PS4 version on your PlayStation 4 console*, in case you’d like to play while waiting for your PS5 console to arrive. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales features a save export feature from PS4, so you can export your saved game progress and then reimport on your PS5.

*Complimentary Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales standard game download for the PS4 system only available on a PSN account with a digital purchase of a PS5 edition of the game.

So what's the deal with the two separate trophy lists? Can I play and platinum it on ps4 then do it all again 2 years from now on ps5? Because the game for me is I'm sure good enough where I'd do it all twice; I just wanna know if getting trophies on one list is separate and I'm not 'invalidating' a ps5 run by playing it now on ps4

and im not tryna say missing just trophies would ''invalidate' my playthrough I'm just tryna put what i mean into terms that make sense