SONY (PS5)

Titanomachy_75

I have a problem with this gen. console launch! First off I TRULY believe SONY should not send PS5 to youtubers and so on! Its totally Bullshit SONY knows with the limit supply that is out there its not right!! All these youtubers and so on that just got one sent to them is so wrong .. It takes thousands of PS5 for the real consumers! But now most are out of luck now! SONY knows what the world is going thru ...If the world was not in the state its in as we speak I have no issue at all! But this is BUSH League!!!  

• Like 1

For Sony, YouTube is advertising. No tech company would skimp on that kind of coverage, shortage or no shortage. Besides, however many PS5 consoles they're giving away - a few hundred, at most - just isn't going to have an impact on the overall supply of consoles. It's negligible. 

In any case, this is hardly the first console launch where some gamers don't get theirs within the launch window. As far as successful products go, it's better for demand to exceed supply at launch, than the other way around.

5 minutes ago, djb5f said:

YouTubers are gamers too.  And on top of that, they are influencers so it makes sense.  You can become one too if you want to jump to the front of the line for the PS6 (if it is that important to you).

As i said I have no problem with it Just with teh state the world is in I think they should have skip it! Do we really need to see 100 youtubers SAy its a good console no!! 

12 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

But now most are out of luck now! SONY knows what the world is going thru ...If the world was not in the state its in as we speak I have no issue at all! But this is BUSH League!!!  

Or you could just be happy, to be fortunate enough right now to have the money to spend on a PS5 if it were available.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I got two. Do you blame me personally for you not getting one? Did I get the one that was supposed to be yours?

Funny story...actually the former NBA star Kevin Garnett DID get my XBOX 360. Waited in line with a voucher at a Circuit City in Minnesota all night. Turns out that at 4 a.m...he called the store and managed to get 5 without having to wait. As I was one of the last 5 in line with a voucher...that means Kevin Garnett got my XBOX. There was some kind of miscommunication and nobody came out to tell us. At first...I was mad about it...but the manager came over and said "come with me". He then gave me a voucher for the next shipment...along with vouchers for a free peripheral and 2 free games. It turns out that Garnett bought those 5 for the kids in the Childrens Cancer Hospital and it was the closest store to where he lived. I thought that was a way better place for my XBOX to be than in my cheesy poofed stained hands. Plus I got a great story out of the deal and free stuff. Win/Win/Win

Planned console shortages have been a thing since the original Nintendo. This isn't a new practice by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 4

I don't understand what this has to do with the world's clusterfuckery. If anything be glad PS5 is coming out now instead of delayed due to the pandemic.

Edited by Sofa King

To me this just sounds like jealousy that OP didn't get a PS5 at launch.  This isn't even solely about getting reviews for the PS5 itself.  It's going to also ensure that people who have a lot of influence over other gamers will also be able to play PS5 games and review those.  It's a marketing thing and a very common practice from companies because they definitely want their product in the hands of people who will talk about it to a wide audience.

48 minutes ago, Shua_J said:

Planned console shortages have been a thing since the original Nintendo. This isn't a new practice by any stretch of the imagination.

Exactly.  Shortages of consoles actually drives up the popularity of the console.  The console being hard to get sends a message of it being popular and desired which makes people want it more and makes them more satisfied with their purchase once they do get a hold of it.  If there was enough for everyone who wanted one right now, the console probably wouldn't have sold out and wouldn't be talked about half as much as it is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

To me this just sounds like jealousy that OP didn't get a PS5 at launch.  This isn't even solely about getting reviews for the PS5 itself.  It's going to also ensure that people who have a lot of influence over other gamers will also be able to play PS5 games and review those.  It's a marketing thing and a very common practice from companies because they definitely want their product in the hands of people who will talk about it to a wide audience.

Exactly.  Shortages of consoles actually drives up the popularity of the console.  The console being hard to get sends a message of it being popular and desired which makes people want it more and makes them more satisfied with their purchase once they do get a hold of it.  If there was enough for everyone who wanted one right now, the console probably wouldn't have sold out and wouldn't be talked about half as much as it is.

NAw ... I got one lol IM just saying its not fair! To lots of people in the world ;) But anyway I remember times when there was not a youtube channel! And guess what they use tv commercials so, JUST SAYING!   

Edited by Titanomachy_75

If you watched even one YouTube video from someone who got a PS5, then you are justifying why Sony uses them to market.

And for those of you who think this was planned shortages, I assure you the crunch the factory workers are going through for the last 45+ days wasn’t because they thought it was fun. Sony would love to have 40 million units available at launch and sell through them. Once we finally replace all those pesky humans working in the factories with robots that don’t waste time eating and sleeping, everyone can fairly get all the PS5s they want at launch and there will be no more complaining on the internet. 

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

If you watched even one YouTube video from someone who got a PS5, then you are justifying why Sony uses them to market.

And for those of you who think this was planned shortages, I assure you the crunch the factory workers are going through for the last 45+ days wasn’t because they thought it was fun. Sony would love to have 40 million units available at launch and sell through them. Once we finally replace all those pesky humans working in the factories with robots that don’t waste time eating and sleeping, everyone can fairly get all the PS5s they want at launch and there will be no more complaining on the internet. 

It’s hard to resist the urge for some people. PS5 has huge improvements over last gen coz games will run at 60 fps for sure this time around.

8 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

NAw ... I got one lol IM just saying its not fair! To lots of people in the world ;) But anyway I remember times when there was not a youtube channel! And guess what they use tv commercials so, JUST SAYING!   

And?  Life isn't fair.  Even without consoles going to Youtubers there are going to be people who have an advantage over others in getting one because many things in life don't go to the person who is first.  Do you really think Sony is going to make their employees have to preorder a PS5 with everyone else?  They probably got dibs on them and a discount (or at least the top execs did).  It's also very common for retailers to give dibs on hot items like that to employees and for employees to set aside hot items for family and friends who ask them and tell customers they are out of stock.  Many things in life depend on who you know, not who gets there first.  I can attest to the employees setting things aside because I worked in Walmart's electronics department for a year and we did it all the time.  Employees got to set aside consoles until we closed for the day, regular customers got an hour, max, and many stores wouldn't even do that much for non-employees.  I also got a PS2 during the holiday season after launch because my mom knew a store manager willing to set one aside for her.  Back in those days online preorders didn't exist, outside of special avenues like those, it was a matter of being lucky enough to call or come in after the consoles came in and before they sold out.  Considering we got maybe 2 or 3 at best per shipment, they were typically sold out in no time.

So yeah, what I'm saying here is that life isn't always fair and things don't always go to the first in line.  Preorders like that are what's left over for the regular people

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

And?  Life isn't fair.  Even without consoles going to Youtubers there are going to be people who have an advantage over others in getting one because many things in life don't go to the person who is first.  Do you really think Sony is going to make their employees have to preorder a PS5 with everyone else?  They probably got dibs on them and a discount (or at least the top execs did).  It's also very common for retailers to give dibs on hot items like that to employees and for employees to set aside hot items for family and friends who ask them and tell customers they are out of stock.  Many things in life depend on who you know, not who gets there first.  I can attest to the employees setting things aside because I worked in Walmart's electronics department for a year and we did it all the time.  Employees got to set aside consoles until we closed for the day, regular customers got an hour, max, and many stores wouldn't even do that much for non-employees.  I also got a PS2 during the holiday season after launch because my mom knew a store manager willing to set one aside for her.  Back in those days online preorders didn't exist, outside of special avenues like those, it was a matter of being lucky enough to call or come in after the consoles came in and before they sold out.  Considering we got maybe 2 or 3 at best per shipment, they were typically sold out in no time.

So yeah, what I'm saying here is that life isn't always fair and things don't always go to the first in line.  Preorders like that are what's left over for the regular people

All you had to do is write 2 sentence lol nobody reads a paragraph in chat boxes sigh!! 

13 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

All you had to do is write 2 sentence lol nobody reads a paragraph in chat boxes sigh!! 

2 sentences?

13 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

You have 7 years to get a Playstation 5 before the next one comes out, if you don’t DIE!! Smh!

Nailed it!

This should have been a Status Update, seriously.

Sony would know their own production numbers with supply/demand over you supposing them. You wanna whine about PS5 wrongness, should have thought about scalpers and the like.

You make the same kind of lamenting on XBox Series S/X launch or are you just sweet on Sony?

17 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I read her paragraph just fine and it's way more preferable than a sentence with no commas and period in sight. Forum posts =/= chat boxes.

Edited by Bittersweet