Savegame Transfer working in both directions?

Would be interesting to know, if the savegame transfer works from ps4 to ps5 and from ps5 to ps4, too. 

I expect you can shorten the 2nd stack, if you use the old save from the other version. (no more grinding needed). My decision on which platform i start, is based on that, since i would like to spend the majority of the time with the ps5 version, but won't do it this way, if you can only transfer from ps4 to ps5.

4 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Me i'd rather have experienced it on the ps5 1st and do it twice.

I agree. As tempting as it sounds to auto pop the PS5 version and avoid 4 play throughs, I want to experience this on PS5 first.

21 hours ago, DanielVT said:

Can someone please answer this question? I want to know too!

I will confirm for you in about 2 weeks one Star Wars Squadrons and Demon Souls are done. 

Got my PS5 yesterday, and I can confirm that save transfers are one-way only. The PS4 version has an option to upload a save, and the PS5 version has an option to download a save. That's it.

It's always possible they could add a two-way transfer in the future, but I kinda doubt that's going to be a priority for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, purp107 said:

Got my PS5 yesterday, and I can confirm that save transfers are one-way only. The PS4 version has an option to upload a save, and the PS5 version has an option to download a save. That's it.

It's always possible they could add a two-way transfer in the future, but I kinda doubt that's going to be a priority for them.

Guess from now on when there are two versions I'm only playing ps5 from now on