Trophy Collection Review (and requests)

Gotakibono

9 hours ago, Gotakibono said:

We actually cover your list in episode 4 so hopefully you enjoy it! :)

Kinda sad that you didn't have a whole lot to say but I guess it's not too surprising, I have really niche interests.  And yes, I am going back to the Kingdom Hearts games to clean them up, I wanted to replay them all before 3 but didn't have time to plat them all.

As for my vita recommendations:

Death Mark - If you like Japanese horror this is a great game.  It's a mix of a visual novel and a point-and-click adventure.  Getting the plat can be kind of annoying but the atmosphere is great.  If you don't mind 2 playthroughs it really doesn't need a guide.

Final Fantasy X - One of the best, if not the best Final Fantasy game.  It also comes as a set with X-2 which is not as good but still good.  Both are on the grindy side trophy-wise and X-2 needs a step by step walkthrough, like Persona.

Hatsune Miku series - If you like or want to try rhythm games I think this series (for the most part) are a perfect mix between challenge and good gameplay.  They're button mapping is very natural and the difficulty curve is a slow ramp from easy to hard.

Zero Time Delima series - This is composed of three games (or two since two of them are available in the same bundle) that are a mix of puzzling and visual novels.  The story is very interesting, and even if the art isn't the best, I can't recommend this series enough!  Also very easy to platinum.  If you're a fan of old school puzzles where you have to right stuff down, this is for you.

Danganronpa series - You mentioned being familiar with this, but in case you haven't played it.  My recommendation for you two, in particular, is 'maybe'.  The game plays om character and anime stereotypes that may or may not make sense to an American audience.  It's a heavy murder mystery puzzler mixed with a visual novel.  And some horrendous to plat minigames.  If you look at the characters and think "those look too extreme for me" then don't play it because it only gets crazier.

• Like 3

On 2/12/2021 at 6:37 PM, Alternatewarning said:

Kinda sad that you didn't have a whole lot to say but I guess it's not too surprising, I have really niche interests.  And yes, I am going back to the Kingdom Hearts games to clean them up, I wanted to replay them all before 3 but didn't have time to plat them all.

Death Mark - If you like Japanese horror this is a great game.  It's a mix of a visual novel and a point-and-click adventure.  Getting the plat can be kind of annoying but the atmosphere is great.  If you don't mind 2 playthroughs it really doesn't need a guide.

Final Fantasy X - One of the best, if not the best Final Fantasy game.  It also comes as a set with X-2 which is not as good but still good.  Both are on the grindy side trophy-wise and X-2 needs a step by step walkthrough, like Persona.

Hatsune Miku series - If you like or want to try rhythm games I think this series (for the most part) are a perfect mix between challenge and good gameplay.  They're button mapping is very natural and the difficulty curve is a slow ramp from easy to hard.

Zero Time Delima series - This is composed of three games (or two since two of them are available in the same bundle) that are a mix of puzzling and visual novels.  The story is very interesting, and even if the art isn't the best, I can't recommend this series enough!  Also very easy to platinum.  If you're a fan of old school puzzles where you have to right stuff down, this is for you.

Danganronpa series - You mentioned being familiar with this, but in case you haven't played it.  My recommendation for you two, in particular, is 'maybe'.  The game plays om character and anime stereotypes that may or may not make sense to an American audience.  It's a heavy murder mystery puzzler mixed with a visual novel.  And some horrendous to plat minigames.  If you look at the characters and think "those look too extreme for me" then don't play it because it only gets crazier.

Thanks for the Death Mark recommendation, it's definitely on my radar now from the gameplay I've seen. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 11:37 PM, Alternatewarning said:

Your list was by far the most unique we'd ever seen and Dan and I have taken some notes of which games to buy based on it! So thanks for that. :D

We've taken a bit of a break from collection reviews but we'll be recording again soon and working our way through everyone who's applied so far, so stay tuned!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gotakibono said:

Your list was by far the most unique we'd ever seen

? is my weird obscure games like We Dare, Tony Hawk RIDE, SHRED, Ea Sports Active 2 and the U Draw trilogy going to stand for this.

Not to mention the Alpha Plat Rain and ruining my 100,200,300 milestones with the worst games I can think of.

I need to reclaim my Misc Trophy List cred.

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

1f632.png is my weird obscure games like We Dare, Tony Hawk RIDE, SHRED, Ea Sports Active 2 and the U Draw trilogy going to stand for this.

Not to mention the Alpha Plat Rain and ruining my 100,200,300 milestones with the worst games I can think of.

I need to reclaim my Misc Trophy List cred.

EA Sports Active 2 alone garners a lot of respect. How did it feel to actually run?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

EA Sports Active 2 alone garners a lot of respect. How did it feel to actually run?

The sensors worked pretty well but it ate batteries like crazy.

Out of all the motions excercise games i tried out it was pretty good.

I miss my days at Sony where i would get a lot of these games to show off at demostrations.

• Like 1

Been subbed to you guys on YouTube for a while after randomly coming across you. Don't mean this in a disparaging way but It's great background content whilst I'm playing something a little grindy or I'm on a trophy clean up. Keep it up guys. Would gladly throw my name in the hat for a review 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone! So, we decided to switch over to discord submissions going forward so we're going to lock this thread for the time being. However, given the fact that you guys were the first ones to request reviews, Dan and I will still be referring to everyone's comments here to make sure we get to everyone's account on this list. :D Here's the link to the Platchums discord: https://discord.gg/UxSN66hmtN

• Like 4