[NA] PlayStation Indies | Ends 11/20 12AM PST

Neocarleen

Slay the Spire is an absolute steal at $12.49. Super fun/addictive deck-building roguelike. I actually double-dipped on the PS4 and Switch versions when they came out, and I've spent over 100 hours on each. The plat's really tough, though (I haven't come close to getting it myself) - you need to know the game extremely well while having a lot of things go right on your runs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mariner1534 said:

Slay the Spire is an absolute steal at $12.49. Super fun/addictive deck-building roguelike. I actually double-dipped on the PS4 and Switch versions when they came out, and I've spent over 100 hours on each. The plat's really tough, though (I haven't come close to getting it myself) - you need to know the game extremely well while having a lot of things go right on your runs.

I whole-heartedly second you on this recommendation, this game can be 100%-ed in probably +/- 120 hours (on average, I am sure there are people who can do it much faster), but it can easily provide hundreds of hours of entertainment to those who enjoy card games. And it doesn't go on sale very often, but even the full price is more than worth it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Anyone have recommendations? There are a lot of games in this list I've never seen before.

No games with cheap platinum trophies please.

I could recommend dozens and dozens of games in there. Anything in particular you're looking for? Genre, mood, length?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Are there any good 2D platformers in the list?

Not an extensive list, but just looking through it I see:

• Blasphemous
  • Celeste
  • Dandara: Trials of Fear
  • Degrees of Separation
  • Downwell
  • Iconoclasts
  • N Plus (N++)
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • TorqueL
  • Type:Rider

I'd also recommend Limbo and Inside, although more puzzle-y than platformer-y.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 5:23 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

Are there any good 2D platformers in the list?

What @Neocarleen said. Also 88 Heroes, Alteric, Awesome Pea 1 + 2, Broforce, Butcher, Caveman Warriors, Gonner, Grizzland, Guacamelee 1 + 2, Guns, Gore and Cannoli 1 + 2, Hue, Iconoclasts, Kero Blaster, Owlboy, Pinstripe, Planet Alpha, Slime-san, Steamworld Dig, The Adventure Pals, The Messenger, Timespinner, and Yoku's Island Express.

I've included metroidvanias in there because... they're platformers too? All fun games from different perspectives, but the true gems really are Blasphemous, Iconoclasts, Messenger and Yoku (and likely Celeste and Dead Cells, but haven't played those yet).

• Like 2