How to fix bugged crates in No Dillo Dallying

I think it is known that two crates at the beginning of Crash section in No Dillo Dallying are bugged. Basically if you die they will not respawn, making impossible to get the gem for all crates and forcing you to restart the level. 

I noticed that not killing the flying enemy carrying the nitro crate at the first checkpoint "fixes" the bug. If you kill it, you can kill yourself and restart from the checkpoint.

Hope this helps other people, because otherwise getting that gem is very frustrating. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, Gamehelp said:

In my personal experience I thought it was connected to breaking the boxes before the boat stops for you to get on, I assumed this is where the box count checkpoint was triggered and not when you spawn as crash, of course I could be wrong, but for me personally waiting about 5 seconds/getting the inverted gem back towards the screen prevents this issue entirely.

I don't really see it as a deal breaker though, since you need to complete the level without dying for insanely perfect anyway, and since this bug is only triggered when you die, you wouldn't encounter it in a real run.

I have tested it a couple of times and if I don't kill the flying enemy I never had the problem. Maybe there are more than 1 trigger.

Well, in N. Verted mode the game plays faster, so it is harder to get all crates without dying during the boat section.