marine75364007

The XIII Remake could of been better than this

7 posts in this topic

The original game was one of the most unique first person shooters ever made it's a cult classic game that not too many people may know about today but those who do like myself will in no doubt talk highly of it. 

From owning this game since last week i have to say the remake is nothing but a technical mess a shell of the original 2003 release filled with bugs and glitches.

The death animations are so bad it rivals Perfect Dark Zero's janky death animations. The music and audio cuts out especially during important moments in the game the remake is a painful reminder from the original that we're never gonna get a sequel. 

shame, the original was mind blowing. still Im gunna get this just to experience it again, i need a game that starts with X lol.

Last I heard, the studio pledged to ameliorate the remake. Has there been progress since launch?

On 23.2.2021 at 5:18 AM, Eraezr said:

Last I heard, the studio pledged to ameliorate the remake. Has there been progress since launch?

They have released a bunch of patches but i think it still runs pretty bad on ps4 consoles. Playing the game via backwards compatibility on ps5 is pretty fine.

Ive already let this game go. Much like timesplitters, good memories and thats fine. 

On 2/22/2021 at 11:18 PM, Eraezr said:

I heard a recent patch happened a few days ago that addresses some issues I have yet to check it out 

Posted (edited)

One gripe I have is about not being able to carry certain weapons at the same time. Find a sniper rifle? Great. But now you're going to have to swap away the M60 if you'd like to take it. Not so great. Same goes for the 9mm and the Revolver.👎The original UbiSoft version won't make you drop the weapon.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge