PSN store states I already purchased but I haven’t

djb5f

Anyone run into this?

I was thinking of picking this game up for $11.99 on sale but the PSN store shows it is not available.  Then when I click on “tell me more” it states I already own it.  But I definitely don’t.  I’ve checked my emails to confirm my memory and no indication there was a purchase.

Now, I go to My Library of purchased games and to my surprise I see Battlefield V.  However, when I click on download the only options are for DLC add-one for Battlefield 1.  Not sure why they come up under Battlefield V but it just confirms I don’t own the game.

Only other thing I can think of is that I was a member of EA Play (Access) for a short time and might have added Battlefield V for a trial play (but I don’t remember doing that and I certainly never downloaded it). Actually, I feel like this happened to me with Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands (Ubisoft) and I never figured it out.  Maybe a timed trial via PS Plus?

Any ideas what is going on here?  I am at a loss.

EDIT:  Update, I tried to download the Battlefield 1 DLC and it is installing Battlefield V now.  

I downloaded the 24 GB (out of 107 GB total) needed to start the application and launched.  Still no idea what I have access to since I never purchased it.  I’ve either started the game or it is some type of prologue while the rest is installing.  No trophy list is appearing yet though.  What in the world?

Edited by djb5f

BFV was free for a couple weekends last year and the year before I think as a trial, maybe you tried it then? Maybe the download is the full game but locked behind a trial code, like some of those ps3 games back in the day. Guess you'll find out soon once it's done downloading.

1 minute ago, NERVergoproxy said:

BFV was free for a couple weekends last year and the year before I think as a trial, maybe you tried it then? Maybe the download is the full game but locked behind a trial code, like some of those ps3 games back in the day. Guess you'll find out soon once it's done downloading.

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I am in a mission called My Country Calling which I assume is the first mission.  But it shows installing game ( 38%)in the top right while I play.  No trophy list appeared though.  Guess I won’t know until it is done installing!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12-11-2020 at 3:20 PM, djb5f said:

It appears I have full access to the game (no trial or time limit specified in “information” about the game or within the game).

BUT the game never loads into my trophy list.  So I can’t earn trophies.

Any other ideas?

I had the same problem, it's because you already tried the trial before. My trial is also bugged into the full game right now, but I can't access the trophies. If you really want to access the trophies you must purchase the game on another account or buy a physical copy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SKhesraw said:

I had the same problem, it's because you already tried the trial before. My trial is also bugged into the full game right now, but I can't access the trophies. If you really want to access the trophies you must purchase the game on another account or buy a physical copy. 

Yep, it seems I have the full game and like you no trophies!

I was thinking that deleting it from my library might fix the glitch but hadn’t tried.  Perhaps not and like you said, I would have to buy on another account or physical.

• 5 months later...

I can’t even get the PS Plus free version this month because it says I already purchased.  The damn trial version is still screwing everything,  It is the full blown version of the game but no trophy capability.

Anyone been able to resolve a situation like this?

Same here, got BF V via EA Access few months ago and now I cannot add it on my PS+ library because it's already "purchased".

Sony once again proves itself to be a pain when it comes to digital services because it's crazy the PSN doesn't give you the option to select the same game among the different options/services available (PS+ and EA Access in this case).

1 hour ago, blazeadeel said:

Facing the same issue. Maybe I'll try tweeting at PlayStation help or EA help see if they are aware of the issue or come up with any suggestions

I called Playstation Support and had them unlink the trial version from my account (i.e. refund the $0 trial version) and I was able to get the PS Plus version that way.  

41 minutes ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

Same here, got BF V via EA Access few months ago and now I cannot add it on my PS+ library because it's already "purchased".

Sony once again proves itself to be a pain when it comes to digital services because it's crazy the PSN doesn't give you the option to select the same game among the different options/services available (PS+ and EA Access in this case).

For you, I think if you delete the EA Access version, you will probably be able to download.  If you can’t, you’ll need to call PS Support too.

Cheers!

20 minutes ago, djb5f said:

For you, I think if you delete the EA Access version, you will probably be able to download.  If you can’t, you’ll need to call PS Support too.

Cheers!

I wanted to try this way, in fact, it just sucks I'll have to delete the full game (which is over 100 GB I think) and have to download it all over again so a different option for the PS+ library would've been appreciated in this case, but it is what it is I guess the most important thing is to secure it with PS+. I will probably be done with BFV before my EA subscription expires but I have friends that still play it from time to time so better keeping it secure on the library.

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

I called Playstation Support and had them unlink the trial version from my account (i.e. refund the $0 trial version) and I was able to get the PS Plus version that way.  

Good going Sony. Currently i m not in the US so I cant contact customer support, it says I am banned from chat? lol. never contacted customer support before and i have always followed the terms of service