Looking for couch co-op game recommendations

YairGOW

2 minutes ago, guy who says bruh said:

Overcooked is worst then monopoly in terms of shouting and arguing with each other during party gaming. But defensively recommended.

Resident Evil 5, REV2 or 6. Can't say about trophies tho.

Rocket League. Not sure about trophies too.

Had a blast with Overcooked and Rocket League is in split-screen for co-op, but i did play it solo. 

I will check out Resident Evil. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Klart said:

Streets of Rage 4 ticks all your boxes. And it is a fantastic game.

Thanks, it does look fantastic.

I see the 2nd game is also available. Is it worth it, as well?

28 minutes ago, YairGOW said:

So I'm looking for games that could be played in couch coop with no split screen

8 minutes ago, guy who says bruh said:

Rocket League. Not sure about trophies too.

Rocket League has split screen when you play on same PS4 ;) 

Just now, SuperSmexy500 said:

Unravel 2 - Don't remember if it rewards both people for the trophies or not, but it's a pretty fun albeit short platformer. If you've played the original and wasn't a fan though, this is more of the same.

It doesn't ! Platted it some weeks ago and played the story together with my wife on an alt account, she did not get any trophies.

Also if you like shooter:

Devolver Digital announced the Serious Sam Collection for PS4 yesterday. All games (Serious Sam 1-3) will have local coop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YairGOW said:

Thanks, it does look fantastic.

I see the 2nd game is also available. Is it worth it, as well?

Streets of Rage 2 (the SEGA Megadrive/Genesis classic) as a standalone is for PS3.

You can play Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3 (among other games) in the SEGA Megadrive/Genesis collection on PS4. They are games from the nineties, but they stood the test of time.

Streets of Rage 4 only came out this year and is a very very good update/successor of the series.

In the same vein, I can also recommend Mother Russia Bleeds, it's a very fun pixelated beat'm up with good gameplay, but it's quite violent. Trophies pop for all players.

• Like 1

Moving Out

It's basically Overcooked, but with movers instead of cooks, and houses instead of kitchens. I enjoyed the first half or so, but the later stages are somewhat tedious.

Unlike Overcooked, it has a platinum. I don't know if both players will be awarded with trophies though.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 2

Just now, Silverbackmethod said:

What about the "Lego" games? Single screen as long as both players are close together and changes to kind of a split-screen when you are further apart.

Do not know if trophies are awarded for both players though. 1f914.png

These are some of the games I was thinking of, the 2nd player doesn't get the level completion ones for some reason.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved Chariot. It's a platformer but instead of just reaching the end yourselves, you also need to bring along the coffin of the recently deceased king searching for his final resting place. It starts out pretty simple but the later levels are really challenging. There's even some dedicated two-player challenges in each level and I know both players will earn trophies.

Other games you could try are Rayman Origins or Rayman Legends and the Little Big Planet games. Not sure about the trophies unlocking for both players on these games though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, YairGOW said:

How doable is it with only two players?

Well, I think the main problem with this one is the long grind for the kills trophy (you have to kill 100,000 enemies...). There are also some trophies which require 2 other players.

Nonetheless, this is an awesome game, especially if you are a fan of Starship Troopers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infernopommes said:

Moving Out

It's basically Overcooked, but with movers instead of cooks, and houses instead of kitchens. I enjoyed the first half or so, but the later stages are somewhat tedious.

Unlike Overcooked, it has a platinum. I don't know if both players will be awarded with trophies though.

Unfortunately only Player 1 gets trophies.

• Like 1

Very highly recommend the Guacamelee series. You can play couch coop but it's not split-screen, IIRC. It's a metroidvania/beat-em-up type of game that is fantastic on every level! It's a decent challenge if you are going for platinum, maybe 5/10 IMO, only due to it being more difficult playing through on hard difficulty. I can't say for certain tho if both players earn the trophies, as my wife was just playing with me on a guest acct. 

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1