Platinum Resistance (Spoilers)

I swear the platinums in this series don't *want* to be earned. Something always seems to go unexpectedly wrong just when you're closing in. In man of medan, I had a nightmare with the head and heart shit, then in my 'save all women' play through, Junior insisted on shooting the blonde (forgot her name) when every other playthrough he'd shot the dude (also forgotten his name..). Took me 9 playthroughs of that game, I still don't understand how or why. 

In this one I've enjoyed such sweethearts as:

- You can't get all collectables if you're on a hearts-only run

- Vince showing up with the cops and stopping Anthony from shooting himself

- Everyone dying at the ruined house but lol no trophy for u anyway boi

- Framerate drop during a QTE so Taylor gets toasted prematurely

- Going right and avoiding the demon means Taylor just isn't headstrong enough

- Not shooting Angela in the face means John isn't logical enough

- The world fails to load and Daniel falls through the map when trying to chapter-select 'Ruined', so have to replay the chapter before as well

- 'Odd couple'

And a few others. I mean this one only took 5 playthroughs so I guess I'm getting better but does anyone else have experiences similar to these? I feel like I'm constantly trying to persuade the game to hand over the trophies

I had serious trouble with the "Remember who's signing the checks"  trophy in Man of Medan. Turnes out, you had to have the curators cut to even get the chance to obtain this trophy. Took me months and at least 4 walkthroghs for this trophy alone to figure this out. If there are any trophies that require you to have the curators cut in Little Hope, it would ne nice if somebody would write it down here.

1 hour ago, The-Kalk said:

I had serious trouble with the "Remember who's signing the checks"  trophy in Man of Medan. Turnes out, you had to have the curators cut to even get the chance to obtain this trophy. Took me months and at least 4 walkthroghs for this trophy alone to figure this out. If there are any trophies that require you to have the curators cut in Little Hope, it would ne nice if somebody would write it down here.

There aren't, I got the platinum in theatrical without shared story, so that's a bonus. The way you get 'Odd couple' is strange though, you'll need a guide for that one

18 hours ago, JEDLander said:

- The world fails to load and Daniel falls through the map when trying to chapter-select 'Ruined', so have to replay the chapter before as well

This one happened to me too.

Currently working on all head decisions on the curator's cut. Another run will be necessary to get the "odd couple" trophy.

Boy that is a lot of bad luck for you lmao in reality these trophy lists do require a minimum of 5 playthroughs at least because you have to do a lot of forward thinking in order to try and minimize the amount of times you have to run through it. But I'd say as long as you really enjoy the games, then replaying it so many times won't be so bad ☺️ personally about 30 hours is a good length for platinum trophy completion time

4 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Boy that is a lot of bad luck for you lmao in reality these trophy lists do require a minimum of 5 playthroughs at least because you have to do a lot of forward thinking in order to try and minimize the amount of times you have to run through it. But I'd say as long as you really enjoy the games, then replaying it so many times won't be so bad 263a.png personally about 30 hours is a good length for platinum trophy completion time

It's less about the time I spend on a platinum and more about what I'm doing in the time. I don't mind committing 100's of hours over a series of months if what I'm doing is fun. Replaying the game to the point of it just becoming a walking-simulator because you know the story inside-out just feels lame. It probably took me about 24 hours to platinum but after about 2 playthroughs it starts to become a chore, which just makes it even more painful when you realise something has gone wrong and now you need to reply scenes/ make a new run