Anyone Else Super Impressed?

DeathlessVoid

Imagine they will come out with a full game, like the PS4 VR astrobot game. That's worth the price of VR in my opinion if your havent played it. 

I am still getting use to the adaptive triggers, sometimes it feels a little crunchy for my liking. Everything else is great.. the controller almost feels like it's about to take off in my hands like a drone.

Love the PlayStation nostalgia collectibles and how you can interact with them in labo. Brings back alot of memories.

Edited by SlipingJimmy
  • Like 1

I am absolutely loving the game! the haptics are awesome and they do such a good job of showcasing how it can improve the experience without feeling gimicky. The adaptive triggers still take some getting used to but when it works it is awesome (i.e. pulling the lever on the labo gacha machine and then squeezing R2 to break open the prize). However, the thing that elevates this game to another level is the love and joy they put into celebrating playstation and its history. It's not just the game references but its also the sound effects of the original PS1 to incorporating things like the UMD or side panels of the PS3 as surfboards and paddleboards. It's a beautiful love letter to Playstation and a phenomenal experience!

• Like 2

This game is absolutely fantastic. The platformer elements are as crisp as a Mario title and perfectly put all the dualsense features to use. The music from past consoles UI was an awesome surprise, as are trophy names referencing PS exclusives (Ready for the proving) and show they put a lot of thought into trophies. Perfect game length around 4 hours, perfect level of challenge. I spent who knows how long just gazing as the PlayStation artifacts in the labo reliving old memories. Well done, Sony!  Truly a celebration of PlayStation history.

• Like 1

This game was great and the nostalgia was almost overwhelming. I’ve had one other experience like this and it was seeing Christopher Robin after so many years without Pooh.  Just thrown back into childhood with all the artifacts and Easter eggs. The detail was crazy, like the handhelds tops/bottoms and console rears along the walls of labo. Also this is the first I heard of the PlayStation mouse for Psone. Assuming it was for Warcraft/Starcraft?

• Like 1

You guys are selling me on something I'd never thought I'd play. I'm not getting a PS5 for another 6 months, but for someone who never touched PS4's The Playroom and had written off Astro for PS5 too, I can honestly say that I'm now going to play this game first when I finally get a PS5. Very unexpected. Glad you're having a good time.

• Like 1

The Astrobot rescue is my favourite VR game, and that other free VR stuff with Astroboy in it was incredible too, so I guess it's no surprise that the PS5 Astro bot is also good. I have yet to play the PS4 Astro Bot that came with that system too, Playroom I think it was called.

Since I have a camera because of owning VR I might have to give it a go, since I am kinda jealous and can't play the PS5 one yet.

• Like 1