The Nioh Collection announced for PS5, launches next February (Nioh 2 3rd DLC Launches December 17, 2020)

Aranea Highwind

8 minutes ago, OnlyCass said:

Shame it seems like its a paid upgrade from ps4 to ps5... but hell man, its nioh and i fucking LOVE nioh, take all the money you need

Sounds free to me

• Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4. 

Upgrades for disc copies of PS4 versions are only available if you have a PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive***. To obtain your upgrade, you will need to insert your PS4 game disc into your PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive, navigate to the Game Hub and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding digital PS5 remastered version of the game, which you can then play while your PS4 disc is in the drive.

If you purchase a digital copy of PS4 versions of the game, you can simply navigate to the Game Hub on your PS5 console and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding PS5 remastered version. Note: you will need to log into your PS5 console with the same PlayStation Network account that you were using when you purchased the PS4 versions of the game.

Please note that Nioh 2 Remastered as well as the Nioh 2 DLC expansions for PS5 are not available for individual purchase. 

• Like 3

I only own Nioh 1 and none of the DLC and I bought it for like $15. I might just wait and get the complete collection on PS5 if it gets a physical release. Don't plan on getting a PS5 for a year or two, maybe, so if a physical version is released it'll be cheaper too. If not then Nioh 2 is $10 this Black Friday so that's a steal.

18 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Sounds free to me

• Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4. 

Upgrades for disc copies of PS4 versions are only available if you have a PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive***. To obtain your upgrade, you will need to insert your PS4 game disc into your PlayStation 5 console with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive, navigate to the Game Hub and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding digital PS5 remastered version of the game, which you can then play while your PS4 disc is in the drive.

If you purchase a digital copy of PS4 versions of the game, you can simply navigate to the Game Hub on your PS5 console and select the upgrade offer to download the corresponding PS5 remastered version. Note: you will need to log into your PS5 console with the same PlayStation Network account that you were using when you purchased the PS4 versions of the game.

Please note that Nioh 2 Remastered as well as the Nioh 2 DLC expansions for PS5 are not available for individual purchase. 

Its just weird that they say no additional cost for owners of the complete collection on ps4, but not no additional cost for base game owners on ps4. Maybe its just a given and they didnt feel they needed to state that twice? Im getting it anyway regardless of if it does or not.

Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost. 

I own *both games physically and never played them, even though they're right up my alley

*Nioh 2 was too cheap to resist, now we know why.

1 hour ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

these covers are sexy

1 hour ago, AndyKazama said:

HYPE. Anyone know if brand new trophy lists?

correct me if I'm wrong but we've yet to see a ps4/ps5 shared list. safe to say that every ps5 will have a separate list.

Edited by TalalHmd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

I own *both games physically and never played them, even though they're right up my alley

*Nioh 2 was too cheap to resist, now we know why.

these covers are sexy

correct me if I'm wrong but we've yet to see a ps4/ps5 shared list. safe to say that every ps5 will have a separate list.

point well made. I hope so, but I hope they balance Katsuie Shabata a bit more. Would not look forwarding to fighting him again.

12 hours ago, cckerberos said:

Yeah, that's how I read it as well.

12 hours ago, LightningBreath_ said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, people with the complete edition of Nioh 1 won't get a free upgrade? that sucks 

I Think what it is saying is you will get on PS5 what you have on PS4. If you have the complete edition you will get the complete edition but if you have the base game you will only get the base game.

I could be wrong though. On the PS4 in the store under Complete edition it only mentions playing it on PS5, but it says the same under the regular edition as well no mention of the upgrade on either. I have a copy of the complete edition on disc (Asian copy I believe in Full English) myself.

I feel the games should share trophy list but that is just me, 1 list for each game unless there are major changes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cckerberos said:

I get why you're upset, but it isn't a stupid policy. If your PS5 can't read the disc, they have no way to know that you actually own the game.

this isn't exactly true. There could be some sort of remote play connection that your ps4 tells your ps5 that Nioh is inserted. LAst gen this seemed difficult but this gen it shouldn't truly be an issue.