Warchief Trophy Bug

I just wanted to update the forums and let anyone know who’s playing this game/has yet to play this game that the “Warchief” trophy can also glitch and not unlock when it’s supposed to, not just the “Global Warfighters” trophy. I’m sure the latter has caused way more problems for players in the past and present, but “Warchief” did not unlock for me when I received my last soldier, so be mindful about your game’s xp amount while in-game/in the menus. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ahmwe said:

What about if I am in game suspect that my level up willbe in the result Manu should I leave the match or switch the class?

Just leave if you don’t think you’re going to reach the levels in question. Be mindful of the amount of medals/objectives you may be completing as well, they can contribute to level ups after games end I believe. Always keep track of the level progression bar in-game.

• Like 1

If I get xp in match & then I quit, will the xp saved or I have to win to be saved? What about a trophy tides to being the first place in any online match, I am afraid if I win then my class will level up in the result screen :/ & my last question if my friend being idle in the match, will the server kicks him out? Sorry for long text but those concerns me ):

18 hours ago, ahmwe said:

If I get xp in match & then I quit, will the xp saved or I have to win to be saved? What about a trophy tides to being the first place in any online match, I am afraid if I win then my class will level up in the result screen :/ & my last question if my friend being idle in the match, will the server kicks him out? Sorry for long text but those concerns me ):

Yes xp and gun progress saves automatically. The only trophies that are known to cause issues are the ones related to xp/levels. And no you must use a turbo controller or have the joystick moving to remain in-game.

• 10 months later...
On 13/11/2020 at 10:45 AM, HoorayForTyler said:

I just wanted to update the forums and let anyone know who’s playing this game/has yet to play this game that the “Warchief” trophy can also glitch and not unlock when it’s supposed to, not just the “Global Warfighters” trophy. I’m sure the latter has caused way more problems for players in the past and present, but “Warchief” did not unlock for me when I received my last soldier, so be mindful about your game’s xp amount while in-game/in the menus. 

In case I change my mind and decide to go for this platinum, do I need to make sure to only level up during matches for each of the 74 levels? Or only for levels 14 and 74? Thanks in advance.

On 9/26/2021 at 2:41 PM, Deceptrox said:

In case I change my mind and decide to go for this platinum, do I need to make sure to only level up during matches for each of the 74 levels? Or only for levels 14 and 74? Thanks in advance.

Only levels 14 and 74, no need to worry about any other levels. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Only levels 14 and 74, no need to worry about any other levels. 

Thank you for the confirmation.

It looks like "Squad Leader" is also glitched. The guide says you need 19k points to unlock a soldier from each class. Do you remember at around which level the trophy should unlock?

14 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

It looks like "Squad Leader" is also glitched. The guide says you need 19k points to unlock a soldier from each class. Do you remember at around which level the trophy should unlock?

No problem! And this would be my first time hearing about that trophy also being glitched, which I hope it isn’t. Sadly I do not know the exact level, but you can easily determine the level based on total XP earned/needed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 9:38 AM, Deceptrox said:

There are six classes, but it's been so long that I don't remember at which rank Squad Leader unlocked. Rank 5 or 7?

As far as managing XP, it depends on how you are boosting or playing. If you are boosting on Home Run with two other people on the opposing team, getting 15 kills with headshots per round, you'll be earning 3-4K in-game XP per match (3K for the losing side, 4K for the winning side). Just make sure your fellow boosters pick up the flag before you shoot them for additional XP. The XP actions below count for both class-specific and overall rank.

+100 Kill X15

+50 Headshot X15

+150? Flag Carrier kill X5

+100 Stole Flag X5

The winning side will also receive +1000XP toward their class-specific tour. BE WARNED: This additional +1000XP added to your score AFTER the match is what can cause the dreaded class tour glitch. If you are at 49,000 XP when the match ends, win, and get +1000XP for winning, your game may freeze when you hit 50,000XP and the class tour may glitch. If you can't reach 50,000XP during the match, change classes. If need be, quit. It takes hours to finish a class tour, so what is losing one game compared to that? Note that your progress is not saved until AFTER the match ends, so if you quit early, you will lose all kills and XP earned up to that point in the match.

These ribbon bonuses apply to your overall (rank) score, but not your class-specific score:

+500 Headshot ribbon (10 Headshots IAR (in a round))

+500 Home Run Defender ribbon (Kill 4 Flag carriers IAR)

+500 Distinguished Fire Team (Be the #1 Fire Team of the round)

There may be more bonuses, but I don't remember offhand. 

Edited by poetic_justice_

15 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

There are six classes, but it's been so long that I don't remember if it was rank 5 or rank 7 that Squad Leader unlocked. If you are boosting on Home Run, getting 15 kills with headshots per round, you'll be earning 4-5K XP per match.

Hey, thanks for the answer. I forgot to say that the answer is at rank 7 according to a mp guide. 

PD: I haven't started the game yet, I want to get done with the online trophies from another PS3 game before focusing on Warfighter since I won't sync the trophies until I get all mp trophies, mostly to avoid an unannounced server shutdown.

Edited by Deceptrox

I would estimate MOHWF requires 24 hours of in-game boosting to get all 72 weapon pins @20 kills per weapon (main guns only). A friend and I are boosting with two PS3's each, getting 15 kills per round of Home Run on each other's bot. We always have the defender win so the match goes ten rounds. We clear about 10 pins (200 kills) every 4 hours. After 12 hours, I've completed 35/72 pins. One issue significantly affecting progress is randoms entering the matches, as it only takes one to derail a boost. Due to the game's slow load times, backing out, waiting for the random to leave, and restarting requires about ten minutes.

Getting the All In trophy (call in Apache Support) requires multiple players (8 boosters) because approximately 12,300 XP must be earned in a single life. If you want to go for the MOHWF platinum and see an All In group succeeding, I would jump on it. It's been pretty tough for me to find more than two boosters at a time online.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 1 month later...