Square vs Rectangle Icons

ryanjanx10

It was unnecessary but I think I prefer the squares to be honest. They both seem to be the same width everywhere so the squares just end up being larger/more prominent and easier to see.

If the change had been a mid-generation PS4 update it’d be stupid but because it draws a line between the generations it makes sense.

I think most people’s disapproval now is down to it looking odd with relatively few square PS5 icons standing out in lists of rectangles half the size but over time, when our lists show a clear split of 10/20+ Squares together I think we’ll look at the older rectangles and think it should have been squares all along.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 4

Just now, Tsundokuist said:

It was unnecessary but I think I prefer the spares to be honest. They both seem to be the same width everywhere so the squares just end up being larger/more prominent and easier to see.

If the change had been a mid-generation PS4 update it’d be stupid but because it draws a line between the generations it makes sense.

I think most people’s disapproval now is down to it looking odd with relatively few square PS5 icons standing out in lists of rectangles half the size but over time, when our lists when are a clear split of 10/20+ Squares together I think we’ll look at the older rectangles and think it should have been squares all along.

This is a solid argument and I'm slowly starting to see it that way, literally.

• 5 weeks later...

It annoys the hell out of me too and it's putting me off playing a PS5 game... at least until Sands of Time Remake ? cos I gotta play that! It probably would be too hard to change them to rectangle on the site and if that is the case I could probably cope with the text being larger so it fills the blank space at least. Do you think that would be possible to implement?

I don't mind the change i just want it to hurry up and be consistent. I do however hate the display when you're looking at the trophies themselves. Having like four trophies on the entire screen at the entire time makes it downright disgusting to stroll through you're trophies when you're looking for something in particular I just view my trophies on here exclusively now. I really don't understand what's so hard about a list.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:44 PM, Tsundokuist said:

It was unnecessary but I think I prefer the squares to be honest. They both seem to be the same width everywhere so the squares just end up being larger/more prominent and easier to see.

I think most people’s disapproval now is down to it looking odd with relatively few square PS5 icons standing out in lists of rectangles half the size but over time, when our lists show a clear split of 10/20+ Squares together I think we’ll look at the older rectangles and think it should have been squares all along.

I totally understand what you are saying and honestly I do prefer the bigger square icons but I'd prefer it was from the start. Pick one and stay with it I think. They'll probably make them triangle or hexagon or just HUGE for the PS6 and really P!$$ us all off hahaha