Assassins Creed Valhalla

TrophyHunt121

1 hour ago, Klutch_MT53 said:

I haven't had any problems with the game apart from seeking the seer mission but fixed it easily, other than that is anyone currently writing a guide? 

Hey Klutch, seeking the seeker for the first time where my game crashed and my save no longer worked. Luckily it was only an hour of gameplay. Now as annoying that was it hasnt happened again thank god. How did you fix your issue? Powerpyx is the only guy i go to for guides cos of the amount of detail. 

You are not the only person who finds themselves disappointed in this game. Which is sad because it I had so much hope for this game. It just does not feel right overall. The controls are slightly clunky. When I try to climb, instead of going through a window, I find myself climbing higher or around the window. When I do get through said window, for some reason my guy climbs back out of it. Speaking of climbing, oh my god is it atrocious. It is the slowest thing in the game and seems to take forever. Which is sad because I find myself having to climb almost everywhere I go. I keep getting caught on rocks and simulate falling. Which means I have to reload a previous save. All of this is besides the game crashing all of the time. I might have to put this game on the backburner until they patch most of these issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StressEater said:

The controls are slightly clunky. When I try to climb, instead of going through a window, I find myself climbing higher or around the window. When I do get through said window, for some reason my guy climbs back out of it. 

So it sounds like an AC game alright!  Clunky controls for climbing have been a staple of the series.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggypop_79 said:

I’ve had to put it down, played for around 2 hours and it’s just bored me to tears. Slow and the characters are dull as dishwater. The navigation system isn’t very good, you put a marker on the map and it isn’t clear which direction to go in. 

This is all so true. The dialect is lackluster at best and the story is shamefully "been there, done that".

50 minutes ago, djb5f said:

So it sounds like an AC game alright!  Clunky controls for climbing have been a staple of the series.  

I really felt like they turned a corner with Odyssey when it came to controls and handling. But with Valhalla, it just does not feel the same.

82hr into the game I noticed the last region (Hamtunscire Arc) was bugged which prevented me from finish the game.

I had to restart the game from scratch and kill all 44 ancient members again : )

I guess I had to be smarter next time when I play Ubisoft's game  

• Like 1

I'm 45 hours in and having a great time with the game, it's not perfect, but it's hitting all the spots for me in terms of gameplay loops. I enjoyed the opening but I absolutely think they made a mistake with the opening zone and how long they let you hang around in it if you choose. They should have mainlined you through the story to get you to Britain which is where the main chunk of gameplay takes place and where the story kicks off.

Bugs and glitches - I've had 2 in the last 45 hours. One was a fishing bug where I caught a fish but couldn't reel it in. Another was a side mission in Lunden where some objects got stuck.

Combat and the skill system has been the biggest adjustment for me, it feels way heavier and slower than Odyssey. I think they were going with more of a For Honor style of battling but it's hard to adjust to and I still don't know if I like it.

I wasn't initially a fan of the skill system because it took a while for me to get to a point where I could do what I prefer to do in AC games which is to ghost through camps, and pick people off silently. But after a few levels and specs through the Raven skills it became more viable.

It does make me wonder though - why they needed to make any major changes at all. I thought the gameplay systems in Odyssey were entirely functional. They could have easily just overlayed the talent trees and combat systems from Odyssey and it would have been fine. 

On 18/11/2020 at 0:01 PM, StressEater said:

You are not the only person who finds themselves disappointed in this game. Which is sad because it I had so much hope for this game. It just does not feel right overall. The controls are slightly clunky. When I try to climb, instead of going through a window, I find myself climbing higher or around the window. When I do get through said window, for some reason my guy climbs back out of it. Speaking of climbing, oh my god is it atrocious. It is the slowest thing in the game and seems to take forever. Which is sad because I find myself having to climb almost everywhere I go. I keep getting caught on rocks and simulate falling. Which means I have to reload a previous save. All of this is besides the game crashing all of the time. I might have to put this game on the backburner until they patch most of these issues.

You have pretty much described every single Assassin Creed game ever here, they have never perfected climbing. Valhalla is by no means an exception. I'm having the same climbing issues as I had in Odyssey and pretty much all other AC games i've ever played.

I went into AC valhalla right off the back of finishing the last DLC for Odyssey and I didn't really notice much difference with the traversal or climbing that folks are complaining about between the two games at all. I'm having exactly the same experience.

53 minutes ago, Clubzal2 said:

82hr into the game I noticed the last region (Hamtunscire Arc) was bugged which prevented me from finish the game.

I had to restart the game from scratch and kill all 44 ancient members again : )

Surely the smarter thing would be to play something else while you wait for a bug fix? A full replay in that context sounds like a huge waste of time.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

Only 1 zone left for me now to get all collectables. If something bugs out now I'll never touch this game again.

When it comes to bugs I only had minor ones so far.

- Blue screen when using the Thor ability when in Vinland without weapons

- Sometimes chests won't open when doing a raid they just keep pushing the chest but nothing happens

- In Jotenheim I fast traveled away in a cave. The objective was "find another way out of the cave". I thought to be smart and just fast travel away. Well that bugged everything and I had to get back from the entrance and do it legit.

Getting all collectables is a huge pain and I'm now clocking over 80 hours and not even done that many pledges or story so if any collectibles bug out in my last huge zone.. I'll cry my eyes out

22 hours ago, Clubzal2 said:

Just wondering, What actually bugged for you?

Edited by Deluziion90

34 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Just wondering, What actually bugged for you?

After Eivor returning from Norway I was doing collectibles stuff for hours, then I realized I haven't unlocked "England Subdued" trophy so I went to the table where you pledge regions then I noticed I can't pledge Hamtunscire... basically I can't do the last story mission because there's nothing on the table for me. 

37 minutes ago, Clubzal2 said:

After Eivor returning from Norway I was doing collectibles stuff for hours, then I realized I haven't unlocked "England Subdued" trophy so I went to the table where you pledge regions then I noticed I can't pledge Hamtunscire... basically I can't do the last story mission because there's nothing on the table for me. 

That's horrible indeed. 

Positive bug for everyone btw;

Dive of the valkiers ability rank 2 has an aoe. You can use this skill when huging doors that are barricaded with planks. You can skip some of the more annoying puzzles this way :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

That's horrible indeed. 

Positive bug for everyone btw;

Dive of the valkiers ability rank 2 has an aoe. You can use this skill when huging doors that are barricaded with planks. You can skip some of the more annoying puzzles this way :D

Nice! Thanks for the information. This could become very handy.

So far Origins is my number 1 with this new open world style. It's just the right amount of things to do.

This game is way to big. If it had the open world vibe like RDR2 it would be a hugeeee success. The problem is the world just feels empty and dead. The mysteries are fine but all these ingots and treasures for the platinum is just a stupid chore.

I'm now 95 hours in and got all Misc trophies and all regions 100%. I started the story but after all this grinding it just feels .. meh.

The treasure grind really killed this game

Only problems (shittiest problem to have) I’ve had with this game is the corrupt saves and not being able to start the first Seer mission.

Fortunately solved the corrupt saves by reinstalling the game on the PS4’s hard drive and not the external hard drive. Seer one was fixed by reinstalling the game.

The game has crashed on me a few times, but not corrupted saves yet. Much prefer it over Odyssey and Origins. Far less mandatory busywork, as a matter of fact I'm constantly over-leveled, unlike in Origins where I had to stop to do side missions between a heap of main missions only to meet the lowest level threshold for enemies not to one-shot me. I also enjoy the new leveling system (just place'em wherever) and the lack of a gazillion different armour sets, many of which became irrelevant after a few level ups.

Overall really happy with this game, but obviously looking forward to a patch to fix up some of the bugs and perhaps give us some quality of life-improvements.

9 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

bring back old assassins creed style i say, (i do like this style too origins was perfect game for this style perfect length and not to much bloat like odyssey etc)

I think they should just reboot the entire franchise with either Ezio or Altair, enough already of these open world warrior games. 

• Like 1