Serious Trophy Thoughts?

DrakeHellsing

This is easy compared to what you had to do on the PC versions of the games. Think TFE and TSE HD had like half their achevements on Steam go to the deathmatch modes, pretty dumb stuff like win 1000 deathmatch games. On PC, all the games had you replaying the games multiple times over with different requirements, like beating TSE on Coin-op Co-op...in a single sitting for a 6 hour game.

I am surprised you only need to beat one of the games on Serious difficulty since in Serious Sam Fusion on Steam, you had to beat all three games on Serious difficulty, both single-player and co-op. The grind for 100% on PC is serious! But yeah, hope this runs good on PS4 and not be another mess like Serious Sam 3 on PS3.

12 hours ago, guy who says bruh said:

Is there any Online trophies in this one?  I thinking about getting this game soon, but I can delay my purchase coz I busy with different titles atm.

Nope, all the online trophy crap was thrown out for this version :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, LordWikii said:

For anyone who has played, how is Serious Sam 3 compared to the PS3 version?

One of my friends, who is playing the game, has told me that the Framerate unless you have a PS4 Pro, goes around 55, with a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 60. The graphics seem to be the same as the PC Version (not the crappy ones of PS3). For him, this collection is worth the price.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

One of my friends, who is playing the game, has told me that the Framerate unless you have a PS4 Pro, goes around 55, with a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 60. The graphics seem to be the same as the PC Version (not the crappy ones of PS3). For him, this collection is worth the price.

The Switch version is the same but 1 and 2 are apparently locked to 60fps.

13 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Is there is some Graphics and Performance mode for the PS4 version? I see the Switch version has it but the Performance mode doesn't seem to help BFE much. Either way, if BFE is averaging around 55 FPS on Graphics mode with the base PS4, guess it could be worse, especially compared to the awful PS3 port. Still though, thought the Collection would be optimized enough to keep 60FPS on the base PS4 at least.

1 hour ago, erickt123 said:

Is there is some Graphics and Performance mode for the PS4 version? I see the Switch version has it but the Performance mode doesn't seem to help BFE much. Either way, if BFE is averaging around 55 FPS on Graphics mode with the base PS4, guess it could be worse, especially compared to the awful PS3 port. Still though, thought the Collection would be optimized enough to keep 60FPS on the base PS4 at least.

I think that option is restricted to the PS4 Pro.

Completed first encounter on serious diff, trophies didnt pop. Anyone had the same issue? 

Edit: Reckon the people who got the trophy for finishing the first game are all from europe/nz, and I bought the game from US psn store. Great. 

So US version has glitched trophies. This is nothing new from Croteam, they had the same issues in the past. 

Edited by Ptirle

2 hours ago, Ptirle said:

Completed first encounter on serious diff, trophies didnt pop. Anyone had the same issue? 

Edit: Reckon the people who got the trophy for finishing the first game are all from europe/nz, and I bought the game from US psn store. Great. 

So US version has glitched trophies. This is nothing new from Croteam, they had the same issues in the past. 

The trophy for killing 3 enemies with 1 Sledgehammer blow appears to be glitched as well, because no-one here or on PSN had it the last time I looked :(. EDIT: It doesn't look like the trophy for finishing Serious Sam 3 is obtainable either, going by the recent earners :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:01 PM, Ptirle said:

Did you use infinite ammo?

Serious Sam Fusion on steam which shares the same list says it has to be done on unmodified serious difficulty so I was curious. 

Circle Of Death is definitely glitched. 

3 hours ago, DougKelley1982 said:

Did you use infinite ammo?

Serious Sam Fusion on steam which shares the same list says it has to be done on unmodified serious difficulty so I was curious. 

Circle Of Death is definitely glitched. 

Didnt use any modification as I dont know how. I was 5th in the leaderboards for completing the entire game a couple of days ago. 

8 hours ago, Ptirle said:

Didnt use any modification as I dont know how. I was 5th in the leaderboards for completing the entire game a couple of days ago. 

I’m not sure if I want to finish the game on serious difficulty now or wait for a patch if it ever comes. Hopefully it doesn’t take as long as Serious Sam 3 took to patch. 

BTW to mod the difficulty you press triangle at the difficulty selection screen. Let’s you use infinite ammo, increase enemy strength, etc. 

Does anyone know if you can play with someone who has the game from a different region? I know you couldn’t on SS3.

• 2 weeks later...

Serious Sam 3's PS3 port left more than a little to be desired. I like the PC version, but on PS3 the massive frame drops, bad pop-in, and screen tearing are too much to take. So far the port of SSHD TFE looks good in performance mode.

I haven't played 3 on this collection yet, but PS4's port looks alright though still a tad less than the 9 year old PC version. Graphics mode runs at a locked 30 FPS. In performance mode on a Slim it's mostly 60 FPS, though it can drop to the high 40s. Not terrible, but hopefully they can optimise this some more. PS4 should be able to run SS3 better.

Thanks to ContraNetwork for the video. 3:55 is SS3 in performance mode. 2:58 is graphics.

10 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I haven't played 3 on this collection yet, but PS4's port looks alright though still a tad less than the 9 year old PC version. Graphics mode runs at a locked 30 FPS. In performance mode on a Slim it's mostly 60 FPS, though it can drop to the high 40s. Not terrible, but hopefully they can optimise this some more. PS4 should be able to run SS3 better.

It is notable for you to know that this collection is based on Serious Sam Fusion, the 2017 Steam Beta project. In Fusion, Serious Sam 3: BFE, has several changes in it for balancing and other things. Despite this, it is mostly the same as you would expect it to be.

Some changes that Fusion made to BFE are as follows:

• New secrets
  • Some secrets have been moved
  • Enemies have new behaviors
    • Beheaded Rocketeer - Has a new long range homing attack (destructible)
    • Gnaar - Has a new uncommon falcon punch
    • Hatchling & Juvenile Antaresian Spider - Has a new ricocheting long range attack (destructible)
    • Khnum - Has a new long range attack (better predictive tracking to your pathing)
    • Kleer Skeleton - Has a new horizontal long range attack (shot to where you will be based off your pathing. Destructible)
    • Minor Bio-Mechanoid - Has a new scatter laser attack
    • Major Bio-Mechanoid - Has a new mobile missile barrage attack
    • Scrapjack - Has a new long range attack
    • Scythian Witch-Harpy - Made to be more aggressive (but realistically, change is barely noticeable)
    • Techopolyp - Better tracking on the missile barrage
  • On specific difficulties, infinite ammo crates are removed except for required weapon uses (such as the underground C4 room)
  • Improved some hitboxes
  • Optimized some environments to help prevent frame loss
  • And others
  • Like 1