Serious Trophy Thoughts?

DrakeHellsing

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know exactly what pops "the perfect storm" trophy? I figured just beating the last level would pop it but it did not. Also on "cirlce of death" a handful of USA PSN accounts have that trophy now. so there is still hope, although only a glimmer.

Edited by G_O_Z_R

I try to do a rocket jump, but I can't. I've watched some videos with speed run, I try to jump and at the pick of a jump I launch a rocket, I fly on a reduced height which is not sufficient. Do you think this jump is not integrated to this version? I find it extremely hard at the beginning, but at the middle of the game and at the end I doubt that it's even doable. It's 8/10. 

Just now, xsedavlasx said:

I try to do a rocket jump, but I can't. I've watched some videos with speed run, I try to jump and at the pick of a jump I launch a rocket, I fly on a reduced height which is not sufficient. Do you think this jump is not integrated to this version? I find it extremely hard at the beginning, but at the middle of the game and at the end I doubt that it's even doable. It's 8/10. 

Rocket Jumping can be done but you have to be pixel perfect with your timing, else you will either fall to your death or blow yourself up.

On 12/24/2021 at 2:38 PM, HuntingFever said:

Those players either hacked it or bought the EU version, because there is no legitimate way to get Circle of Death in the NA release.

So there hasn’t been a recent patch on the NA release or any workaround to activate the trophy?

Also, you have any idea if SS4 has any bugged trophies?

14 minutes ago, DHawk12 said:

So there hasn’t been a recent patch on the NA release or any workaround to activate the trophy?

Also, you have any idea if SS4 has any bugged trophies?

Nope. The latest patch is 1.02 and it was released in March of this year but there haven't been any others since then. The only way to Plat this game, is to create an EU account and buy the EU version of it.

I can't comment on SS4, because I haven't been following it very closely.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 7:59 AM, HuntingFever said:

Nope. The latest patch is 1.02 and it was released in March of this year but there haven't been any others since then. The only way to Plat this game, is to create an EU account and buy the EU version of it.

I can't comment on SS4, because I haven't been following it very closely.

Hopefully 3rd time is the charm for me with SS4. I passed on BFE on ps3 and SSC due to bugged trophies.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS3 version of Serious Sam 3 was fixed nearly 2 years after it came out so the Platinum is fully obtainable if you start with the 1.01 patch installed :).

Sadly, I found that out a few months after clearing my backlog, selling my ps3 and transitioning to the ps4.

I have just got the trophy. So, I chose the 2nd encounter for this trophy and it seemed to me very doable. There are some difficult parts, but if you know several secrets this trophy should not be a headache. So, this is exciting because I thought it would be much more difficult. 

Edited by xsedavlasx

On 18/11/2020 at 5:49 AM, APCGrayLocked said:

One of my friends, who is playing the game, has told me that the Framerate unless you have a PS4 Pro, goes around 55, with a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 60. The graphics seem to be the same as the PC Version (not the crappy ones of PS3). For him, this collection is worth the price.

your trophy list is great dude some nice ones in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrinceOfPeace said:

I keep waiting for them to fix this on the NA version. If this doesn't get fixed in the next year or so, I guess I'll just have to buy the EU version. 

I would just cut your loses and buy the EU version now, because these devs have proven time and time again, they don't care about the console versions of Serious Sam and are far more interested in the PC releases.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

17 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I would just cut your loses and buy the EU version now, because these devs have proven time and time again, they don't care about the console versions of Serious Sam and are far more interested in the PC releases.

That does seem to be the case. However, they took their sweet time with Serious Sam 3: BFE on PS3, so I was wondering if this is a similar case.

Circle of Death is still broken on the NA version? ? Shame that this one trophy is single-handedly keeping some players away from the platinum.

At least PS5's SS4 doesn't seem to have a similar problem... I know there are some NA players who've platted it, and it has a greater percentage of platinum achievers than SSC at this point. I noticed 84/214 = 39.25% for SS4, and 129/2707 = 4.77% for SSC.

I hate to admit it, but given the situation with the original SS3, I guess it could take awhile before CoD is fixed for NA. Optimisations for SS4 would probably come first at this point in time... I've heard it does have a few framerate issues. SS4 is pretty demanding on PC as well.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...