Four New Rings

Xylobe

Thanks to the PS5's new trophy progress feature, we can see that 30 rings are required to unlock :gold: King of Rings, of which only 26 appeared in the original PS3 release. The four that have been added in this release seem to be:

• The Providential Ring, which can be selected at character creation as a starting boon. This one increases your item discovery. There have been some reports that this can be obtained by trading a Large Sword of Searching with Sparkly the Crow in 4-1, but the trade seems unusually conditional. For best results, use a Scimitar as the base when crafting the sword. More info here.
  • The Ring of Longevity, which is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game. This one increases your maximum HP by what seems to be around 5%. It can also be obtained by trading a Pure Bladestone, infamously farmed in 4-2, with Sparkly the Crow in 4-1. Video here!
  • The Sodden Ring, found in 3-2 with pure black world tendency. This one increases your mobility in deep water. Video here!
  • The Ring of Uneven Scales, found by trading a gold coin found in 1-3 with Sparkly the Crow in 4-1. This one cuts your equipment burden limit to increase your overall item burden limit. Video here!

Edited by Xylobe
  • Like 4

Not saying that they wouldn't do it, because there probably wouldn't be any consequences but I doubt that Longevity counts because that would break Sony's policy on requiring DLC for the base game trophies.

That means we have three new rings with literally no information online about how to get them. I tried reaching out to a Dev through Discord about it a while back before seeing this post here but he said he didn't want to ruin the fun lol. 

Thanks for confirming Providential counts. I wasn't sure if it did and I forgot to count and see

16 minutes ago, DUSTlMUS said:

Not saying that they wouldn't do it, because there probably wouldn't be any consequences but I doubt that Longevity counts because that would break Sony's policy on requiring DLC for the base game trophies.

My thinking is that if it does count, it would mean that either there's another way for it to be obtained through normal gameplay, or it counts as a 31st ring, allowing DDE owners to skip one of the other 30. Either way it would be good to know for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

• The Ring of Longevity, which is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game. Again, it's unknown whether this can be otherwise gotten, and because I'm not crazy enough to shell out $90 for a digital game, I have no idea whether it counts towards trophy progress.

It would truly be cursed if you could only get it this way and it counted lmao

It looks like one of the new rings has been found! The Sodden Ring increases mobility in deep water, and is found in the swamp of 3-2 with pure black world tendency. I'm having some system trouble at the moment so I'm not able to confirm it, but it looks legitimate.

And as it turns out, another ring, the Ring of Uneven Scales, has also been found; this one requires trading a new item, a Gold Coin, with Sparkly the Crow. The Gold Coin can be farmed from the fat official next to Yuria in 1-3:

Edited by Xylobe
  • Like 1

To sum things up:

Ring of Longevity - Increases max HP.

Providential Ring - Raises item discovery.

Ring of Uneven Scales - Raises maximum item burden, but lowers maximum equip burden.

Sodden Ring - The equivalent of the Rusted Iron Ring from Dark Souls, let's you move faster in the Valley swamps.

All rings should be obtainable in the standard edition.

32 minutes ago, DUSTlMUS said:

Somebody on my discord mentioned an illusory wall in 1-4 with a locked door behind it. I haven't had a chance to look for it yet but does anybody know about this? Sounds like a good place for a new item.

The wall is 1-3. it is in a dead end wall behind some boxes. The other path leads to where Yuria is held. There is something behind it and at this point it is thought to be a ring but so far nobody has found a way to open it. If you want to look behind it go to gate right before the bridge to the tower Yuria is in and back up a little and go into camera mode and fly up and you can see a dead knight on a bench back there with an item.

1 hour ago, DUSTlMUS said:

Somebody on my discord mentioned an illusory wall in 1-4 with a locked door behind it. I haven't had a chance to look for it yet but does anybody know about this? Sounds like a good place for a new item.

37 minutes ago, JustOneStingray said:

The wall is 1-3. it is in a dead end wall behind some boxes. The other path leads to where Yuria is held. There is something behind it and at this point it is thought to be a ring but so far nobody has found a way to open it. If you want to look behind it go to gate right before the bridge to the tower Yuria is in and back up a little and go into camera mode and fly up and you can see a dead knight on a bench back there with an item.

A lot of this is hearsay, but from what I can gather, the item that can be seen in the area behind that door is on the corpse of a knight, and people are suspecting it's the also-currently-undiscovered helm for the new Blue-Eye Knight armor set. Again, information on the new items is obviously sparse, and for all I know the Blue-Eye Knight helm has been discovered somewhere else, but if it turns out the ring is back there I'll be pleasantly surprised. With a name like "Ring of Longevity" I'm almost worried it is locked behind a Dark Souls 2-style deathless run.

21 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

A lot of this is hearsay, but from what I can gather, the item that can be seen in the area behind that door is on the corpse of a knight, and people are suspecting it's the also-currently-undiscovered helm for the new Blue-Eye Knight armor set. Again, information on the new items is obviously sparse, and for all I know the Blue-Eye Knight helm has been discovered somewhere else, but if it turns out the ring is back there I'll be pleasantly surprised. With a name like "Ring of Longevity" I'm almost worried it is locked behind a Dark Souls 2-style deathless run.

Can confirm it isnt the blue knight helm. I found it in 1-1 past the world tendency gate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DevilDestiny said:

Thanks to Romanticore, a twitch streamer, Ring of Longevity can be found by trading pure bladestone with the crow. 

I heard about this elsewhere and I know Distortion2 is farming Pure Bladestone to check, but honestly it sounds like the most low-effort troll someone could come up with. Do you know if there's a VOD or anything for proof?

Just now, Xylobe said:

I heard about this elsewhere and I know Distortion2 is farming Pure Bladestone to check, but honestly it sounds like the most low-effort troll someone could come up with. Do you know if there's a VOD or anything for proof?

Romanticore is a speedrunner, don't think he'd lie to dist lol

Ring that Romanticore got

I'll update with a clip once distortion2 gets it on stream.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DevilDestiny said:

Romanticore is a speedrunner, don't think he'd lie to dist lol

Ring that Romanticore got

I'll update with a clip once distortion2 gets it on stream.

I'm not personally familiar with them, but I figured it was maybe more of them playing a prank on their friend or something. If that's out of character for them then that's a great sign!

https://clips.twitch.tv/EmpathicSpinelessChowderTF2John

I can't believe it's real lmao

Edited by Xylobe
  • Like 1