Four New Rings

Xylobe

6 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

I want them to respond. This seems like a massive oversight. Two rings to pick at the start and only one is found in the world? Makes no sense. I hope it's found by the time I start my NG+ run.

Ive already started a NG ... its the only trophy i need and its absolutely HORSESH1T. That you can literally get every other ring easily .. but this one ... you can even get the damn digital deluxe one .... like where is the sense in all of this!? 

The new rings are actually useless (except Sodden Ring). Longevity adds like 3% health, Providential gives more item discovery, but little enough that it doesn't matter. Uneven Scales raises item burden at the cost of equip burden, which is complete nonsense because you can send items back to inventory once you hit max capacity without even returning to the Nexus.

Edited by Domino_Destructo

35 minutes ago, Domino_Destructo said:

Why would you pick consumables over a ring? Is this your first time?

Lots of us just picked a random starting gift because in the original game this ring didn't exist and it didn't matter. Having a starting gift lock out the game's platinum trophy is completely contrary to how every single Souls game in the past has had its trophy list designed, so "is this your first time?" is some flat-out BS.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Lots of us just picked a random starting gift because in the original game this ring didn't exist and it didn't matter. Having a starting gift lock out the game's platinum trophy is completely contrary to how every single Souls game in the past has had its trophy list designed, so "is this your first time?" is some flat-out BS.

exactly this right here.

3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

I played the original as well and somehow didn't miss the presence of the ring in the remake. Am I lucky? No. Just paying attention to what I'm doing, no BS.

Even if you missed it, how long do you need to find out about it and why can't you just simply start a new game?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Domino_Destructo said:

I played the original as well and somehow didn't miss the presence of the ring in the remake. Am I lucky? No. Just paying attention to what I'm doing, no BS.

Even if you missed it, how long do you need to find out about it and why can't you just simply start a new game?

some people dont follow guides for every game the minute they start it goof

16 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

You guys are just blaming Bluepoint without even know if there's a chance to get the ring in the game...

To be fair, at this point, I would be very surprised if there actually is a way to get it without the starting gift. There's been a ton of investigation of multiple different areas with glitches and clipping through walls and such, and it seems like there really isn't any real way. Even something as convoluted as opening that door with ceramic coins in fractured mode has been found. I'm sure that it would've been found by now if it was possible.

• Like 1

Damn people getting lucky with PBS but I've been killing these damn bp red skeletons for hours now on PBWT  (w/ providential ring & 20 luck) and still nothing. It is kinda shitty that the game's deluxe edition basically cuts away that grind for you by just handing you the ring. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

To be fair, at this point, I would be very surprised if there actually is a way to get it without the starting gift. There's been a ton of investigation of multiple different areas with glitches and clipping through walls and such, and it seems like there really isn't any real way. Even something as convoluted as opening that door with ceramic coins in fractured mode has been found. I'm sure that it would've been found by now if it was possible.

Has there ever been starting items in the history of the soul series that weren't obtainable in game?

I started with the ring but I have two in storage now, must have picked another one up from somewhere.

I need the ally and foe ring... ally is proving a pain to get as the phantoms appear to be harder than all of the bosses (very strange idea).

To be honest the tendency thing and the grind for the rings has made me dislike the game slightly. Having to play through the game 3 times is really going to be a slog which I'm undecided as to whether I'm going to do it.

Just now, Domino_Destructo said:

Maybe it's a World Tendency thing? Like the Sodden Ring required Pure Black to appear in the swamp.

Not sure. I played through the whole game as a soul so would have been white tendency if so.

I find it very annoying that if you make one mistake with the tendency and don't complete a certain part in a certain tendency it can screw up your entire game. That's a terrible idea. Even more ridiculous they gave the digital deluxe buyers a free ring (happens to be the one I had to kill 9,000 black skeletons to get). Can't wait to be done with this game now (damn Ally ring!!).

1 hour ago, Morphiar said:

I find it very annoying that if you make one mistake with the tendency and don't complete a certain part in a certain tendency it can screw up your entire game. That's a terrible idea. Even more ridiculous they gave the digital deluxe buyers a free ring (happens to be the one I had to kill 9,000 black skeletons to get). Can't wait to be done with this game now (damn Ally ring!!).

I feel your pain.

In the OG Demon's Souls I was one step from achieving PWCT, but one of the NPC phantoms decided to roll off a cliff and died, without boosting my Character Tendency.

I wonder if it's still a thing in the remake. Bluepoint knew very well that people hate farming that stone and yet they force us to trade one for a ring, it's a dick move really.

15 minutes ago, Domino_Destructo said:

I feel your pain.

In the OG Demon's Souls I was one step from achieving PWCT, but one of the NPC phantoms decided to roll off a cliff and died, without boosting my Character Tendency.

I wonder if it's still a thing in the remake. Bluepoint knew very well that people hate farming that stone and yet they force us to trade one for a ring, it's a dick move really.

Oh yes, it's the same. If a phantom dies by falling of by an effect (like poison), it won't change your tendency. But it's not that hard, the original game can be platinumed solo in like 10 hours abusing of the dupe glitch.

12 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Oh yes, it's the same. If a phantom dies by falling of by an effect (like poison), it won't change your tendency. But it's not that hard, the original game can be platinumed solo in like 10 hours abusing of the dupe glitch.

Well that sucks. I hoped Bluepoint would change that.

As for the dupe glitch, I never used it, don't even know how to do it lol. For the weapon upgrade trophies I used the stones that I gathered up until NG+3 and started from already upgraded weapons that you can find in the game. For the basic upgrades I had tons of materials from crystal lizards and many souls to spare to buy even more.

1 hour ago, Morphiar said:

I started with the ring but I have two in storage now, must have picked another one up from somewhere.

Me too. I had skimmed through powerpyx's guide before even owning the game and remembered to pick the ring as a gift. In 1-1 I already had 2 in my backpack, so I must have found it somewhere (no idea where though). I just remember thinking "huh, so it's an easy find and you don't necessary have to pick it at the start". Hope you guys find it as well, maybe it's a random drop.

Edited by NarcissusBaz

2 hours ago, Morphiar said:

Are you sure you have the ring we're talking about? The Providential Ring is the one that no one knows how to find in-game anywhere, which has to be selected as the starting gift. Do you have a screenshot? Because no one in the souls community knows how to get 2 of that ring.

If you have 2 of the Ring of Longevity (the ring that comes with the Deluxe Edition), then yes, we know how to find that one in-game.

5 hours ago, den-69 said:

Has there ever been starting items in the history of the soul series that weren't obtainable in game?

Not to my knowledge.

2 hours ago, Morphiar said:

42 minutes ago, NarcissusBaz said:

Me too. I had skimmed through powerpyx's guide before even owning the game and remembered to pick the ring as a gift. In 1-1 I already had 2 in my backpack, so I must have found it somewhere (no idea where though). I just remember thinking "huh, so it's an easy find and you don't necessary have to pick it at the start". Hope you guys find it as well, maybe it's a random drop.

Are you 100% certain it's the Providential Ring that you have duplicates for? I second @NathanielJohn, if it would be okay, could you post a screenshot? As there is no one with a duplicate of the ring, if this is true, the souls community is going to hunt this LOL. 

29 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Not to my knowledge.

Are you 100% certain it's the Providential Ring that you have duplicates for? I second @NathanielJohn, if it would be okay, could you post a screenshot? As there is no one with a duplicate of the ring, if this is true, the souls community is going to hunt this LOL. 

58 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Are you sure you have the ring we're talking about? The Providential Ring is the one that no one knows how to find in-game anywhere, which has to be selected as the starting gift. Do you have a screenshot? Because no one in the souls community knows how to get 2 of that ring.

If you have 2 of the Ring of Longevity (the ring that comes with the Deluxe Edition), then yes, we know how to find that one in-game.

I was wrong, apologies. I have two of the Fragrant Ring which I got mixed up with the Providential Ring. Seems I am going crazy with all these rings and my terrible misfortune of going for the Ally/Friend Ring.

My character tendency is not even close to pure white and I've slain the three red phantoms in worlds 1-3 already. I've messed up somewhere and screwed my chances of getting it now without restarting. I stupidly went online to get those 2 trophies and didn't realise killing a player would put me towards black tendency. So frustrating... Think I'll just abandon getting the platinum after this. That Ally ring is such a pain to get. 

• Like 1