Godfall stuttering and weird console noises

mvpeast

1 minute ago, Property_Damage said:

I dont even wanna fucking Unbox my ps5 Now

yes, i got it day 1 and day 3 its still factory sealed

...just been too busy irl to tear it open right now lol

Let me know how’s the noise later. Thanks. There is coil whine squeaking sound when the console is playing graphics intensive games.

10 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Does your PS5 have that same noise like the two videos in my post and this person’s youtube video? I am sure all PS5 have that sounds. Mine has even higher tone than his. coz I was playing godfall and he was playing a ps4 backward compatible game.

The only noise my PS5 makes is that every once in a while, the fan gets louder for about 10 to 20 seconds, then it goes quiet again. It doesn't happen very often though.

4 minutes ago, Mike13858 said:

The only noise my PS5 makes is that every once in a while, the fan gets louder for about 10 to 20 seconds, then it goes quiet again. It doesn't happen very often though.

Just to show that I’m not crazy. Many people have the exact same problems like my ps5. That high pitched whiny sound. Almost all the people in the comments of youtube said they have loud noises on their ps5.

https://m.imgur.com/a/9a6HnG9

Edited by mvpeast

15 minutes ago, W571WE said:

Are you playing GodFall on the latest patch? 

I don’t think the patch is available yet. I can check again.

I’m not sure if that’s the one:

patch 1.000.001

I didn’t encounter any crashes yet today.

Edited by mvpeast

1 hour ago, mvpeast said:

Just to show that I’m not crazy. Many people have the exact same problems like my ps5. That high pitched whiny sound. Almost all the people in the comments of youtube said they have loud noises on their ps5.

https://m.imgur.com/a/9a6HnG9

That's coil whine. Absolute normal. No Defect.  Ps4 had it too, but you couldn't hear it because of the loud fan.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

That's coil whine. Absolute normal. No Defect.  Ps4 had it too, but you couldn't hear it because of the loud fan.

It seems to me that the PS5 is drawing a lot of power/electricity even when I tried a very tiny word game. Like when I play those games on the ps4 pro, it’s dead silent but I can hear the ps5 fan swirling.

I play on a monitor so I need to find a way to put the ps5 console further away from me. I’m gonna need a long hdmi cable.

28 minutes ago, W571WE said:

If you're only having issues in GodFall, than it's probably the game's problem, not the hardware. Sony said that the PS5's fan is goin to be optimized differently in each game, and maybe they messed up on GodFall? Who knows. 

I have no idea. I tried an indie word game and the fan is still pretty loud. But no “coil whine” sound.

I think graphics intensive games cause the console to buzz. It’s the electrical current sound. All ps5 have that. I guess many ppl play their consoles on TV so they don’t notice the sound coz they sit way further away. But I play on a monitor so the ps5 sits almost right next to my ear.

PS5 probably uses some very cheap chinese power supplies that generate a lot of coil whines. All cheap electronics have that sound. Sony is trying to save costs i guess.

PS5 coil whine sounds exactly like this video’s ps4 pro:

Edited by mvpeast

39 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I have no idea. I tried an indie word game and the fan is still pretty loud. But no “coil whine” sound.

I think graphics intensive games cause the console to buzz. It’s the electrical current sound. All ps5 have that. I guess many ppl play their consoles on TV so they don’t notice the sound coz they sit way further away. But I play on a monitor so the ps5 sits almost right next to my ear.

PS5 probably uses some very cheap chinese power supplies that generate a lot of coil whines. All cheap electronics have that sound. Sony is trying to save costs i guess.

PS5 coil whine sounds exactly like this video’s ps4 pro:

when in doubt blame the Chinese... viruses... consoles.... hacking.... privacy. China did it.

anyways i had no issues at all. my ps5 is silent. However be smart and buy a warranty. Anything happens you can replace it. Wait a year and replace it, it may have tweaks. Who knows. 

anyone who bought a ps5 and expected a launch console during a "pandemic" to be properly tested enough is dumb. There was no way they would get enough tests with limited time and resources. 

2 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

when in doubt blame the Chinese... viruses... consoles.... hacking.... privacy. China did it.

anyways i had no issues at all. my ps5 is silent. However be smart and buy a warranty. Anything happens you can replace it. Wait a year and replace it, it may have tweaks. Who knows. 

anyone who bought a ps5 and expected a launch console during a "pandemic" to be properly tested enough is dumb. There was no way they would get enough tests with limited time and resources. 

I mean all the ps5 have that sound. You just gotta put your ears next to the back of the console when playing a graphics intensive game. I can guarantee you that coil whine can be heard.

1 hour ago, mvpeast said:

I mean all the ps5 have that sound. You just gotta put your ears next to the back of the console when playing a graphics intensive game. I can guarantee you that coil whine can be heard.

I'm going to just assume most of your noise issue is that you're playing with your ears right next to the back of the console. If you could keep the console 7-8 feet away while playing I'm sure most of this would be alleviated.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I'm going to just assume most of your noise issue is that you're playing with your ears right next to the back of the console. If you could keep the console 7-8 feet away while playing I'm sure most of this would be alleviated.

I guess I won’t complain about my ps5 anymore.. This is the real coil whine.

https://streamable.com/3s2ca1

10 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I guess I won’t complain about my ps5 anymore.. This is the real coil whine.

https://streamable.com/3s2ca1

also if its standing, it could be possible you didn't fully situate the console on the base. Or surface wasnt clean underneath (ie: crumbs or dirt). 

Edit: Stand it up and see if it still happens.

looks better standing imo tho i absolutely hate where the disc tray is.

Edited by LegacyJKO09

4 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

also if its standing, it could be possible you didn't fully situate the console on the base. Or surface wasnt clean underneath (ie: crumbs or dirt). 

Edit: Stand it up and see if it still happens.

looks better standing imo tho i absolutely hate where the disc tray is.

The one in the video is not my ps5. Mine has a bit of noise but that one is way too loud. I can’t complain... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mvpeast said:

Which issue do you experience specifically? It will be great if you can tell me more. Thanks.

just the stuttering and lag problems playing coop. my console is dead silent playing godfall only sometimes when the disc spins to load thats the only time I hear it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mvpeast said:

The one in the video is not my ps5. Mine has a bit of noise but that one is way too loud. I can’t complain... 

on discord a minute ago, Godfall was confirmed to be getting an update. https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/november-14-2020-godfall-quick-update-2-0-93/4548414

doesn't address sound stuff but never know. It does have stability updates listed 

Nov 15. 9am

• Like 1

The stuttering I'm very certain is a memory leak issue. In my experience it only happens after an hour or two, then if I keep playing the game eventually crashes. If you notice it happening restart the game and it should stop for a while. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1