Captain Rank made easier??

Optinooby

EDIT: IT WORKS, see below and then further below for original post ;)

And about the topic title every1, I CAN CONFIRM the trick works, saves any potential grinding for the Captain Rank, i'll provide the info here and also add to the OP;

So what happens with your ratinga is that your DEFENSE RATING can be altered by slotting a upgrades and assigning more higher level warchiefs at any time

Your attack rating however can only be changed by doing online conquests which can consume a bit of time BUT, when you FIRST take a fort, yea the VERY FIRST time, you get a free default attack rating which copies your DEFENSE rating at the time you go online with your new fort

Although it sounds great, free points in attack rating, thing is that its a ONE TIME thing, there is no way to add more pointa after the fact other than online conquests

Now usually, when you first take a fort, your defense will always be low, hence why your attack rating is so low always. 

BUT, that attack rating only gets added when you go online

So the way to have potential 500 in all attacks and all defenses WITHOUT any online conquest, which btw would give you a 4000 rating xD. Is to go OFFLINE just before you capture your first fort and and stay OFFLINE right until the end and your defense is maxed

Then with your defense maxed, go online, advance time and then your VERY FIRST default attack rating will copy your current defence rating which at this point is mega high!!! 

Sure 4000 is overkill, but makes 2500 easy right, thats the point, that you dont need to work on your defense too much, just be sure defense adds up to 1250, then go online and you will get that copied in attack rating for another 1250 totalling a 2500 rating!! 

Its quite difficult to explain, but hope thats clear enough ;)

And one more thing, NO trophies are MISSABLE!! 

ORIGINAL POST

Hey, just curious if any1 can shed some light on this...

Your ASSAULT RATING for each fort geta LOCKED in the FIRST time you capture it, it basically COPIES your DEFENCE RATING at the moment of capture which you can will alter that much between 50-150 depnding on the level of your team at the capture time

But i was thinking and maybe something i need to test further...... 

WHAT IF we go OFFLINE just before we capture the first fort and STAY OFFLINE all the way until the very end and we have our forts maxed ready for the captain rank trophy. 

If we then go ONLINE, will our ASSAULT RATING then copy our current DEFENCE RATING at the moment we go online so say we are at 500 defence foe Nurnen, will we get 500 assault?? 

Or will we just see that VERY FIRST rating replicated from earlier from when we first took the fort?? 

I think this is quite a big thing as it couls be VERY usefull for that Captain Rank online trophy as usually you are pushing for 2500 without grinding a little, but if we could get the assault rating to copy the defence rating at 500 or so, that would give us like 4000 total easily, so you have LOTS to play with and so could come pretty pretty easy. 

So guess the question is, does the first locked assault rating just replicate the current defence rating at the 1st time you go online with that captures fort OR is it always programmed to copy your very first capture defence rating??? 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

Online Conquests don’t become available until much later in the game. There is a conquest you have to do in the first DLC pack, and that technically counts as an online trophy. 

This game should be fun, even if lootboxes ruined this games reputation a few years back.

15 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

I wonder if dlc contributes to the trophy. I noticed there is another fort in the second “expansion dlc”

Ahh yea, that could be interesting, perhaps its easier for those with the DLC just cause they have a extra fortress adding to the rating ;), i'll be sure to mention it in the guide, thanks!! 

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Online Conquests don’t become available until much later in the game. There is a conquest you have to do in the first DLC pack, and that technically counts as an online trophy. 

This game should be fun, even if lootboxes ruined this games reputation a few years back.

If you were replying to me friend, thats not quite what I mean

The Online Conquests DO NOT affect the INITIAL assault rating. You're fortress rating is a combination of you're assault rating and defence rating

The defence rating changes as you change you're defence setup and advance time

But the assault rating has a INITIAL fixed number and then only increases during online conquests like you say after that. 

BUT, BUT, ;), that INITIAL fixed offline number which you get when yoy capture that fort for the VERY FIRST time duplicates your defence number at that time!!! 

Because you never captured the fort before though, you're default defence at that time is pretty low as you only have the default 3 slots, no upgrades active and usually low level team cause of the point in the story. 

The assault rating is online, but the very first time it becomes active for that fort, it dupes your offline defence. 

So if i capture fort A for the first time and I get a defence rating of 72 after by default, my first assault rating will also show 72!!

My curiosity is, what if you GO OFFLINE before you capture the first fort and STAY OFFLINE until your defence rating are much higher........... Will that cause that FIRST assault rating to duplicate your CURRENT defence rating at the time you go online, or is it ALWAYS fixed to copy your very first def rating??? 

I know, it sounds like a complete waste of time looking into it this much, im just working on a guide and i want it to be as helpful as can be ;)

1 hour ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

I don’t know if it’s because I conquered the dlc fortress BEFORE doing the dlc, but it hasn’t added anything at all to my rating, unfortunately. 

Thats a shame, all that spilled blood for nothing xD. Guessing you got the DLC as it was 75% off, how has it been for you, does it require another big time investment?? 

Im not to sure if anybody knows about what I mention above in posts, so im going to restart AGAIN ;) and quickly get to the Nurnen fortress assault, and then test it.

I will add here if it can be exploited slightly to make Captain Rank easier for any future reader of this post, last thing I need to be sure off as well before the platinum speedelrun begins ;)

I can confirm Lithlad fortress adds nothing to your rating. Neither does doing online conquests in that region. Only the four fortresses from the main game count. 

I only had to do three online conquests in the end. My defence was about 400x4 so I needed 900 in attack. All forts started off about 100 attack. But doing the ranked conquest not only gets you +100 if you get gold, but also +100 for the attack rating of that fortress. So three gold run conquests got me the missing 600. I used the DLC orcs to help bolster my forces but at that point in the game level 50+ orcs were everywhere anyway to recruit. 

The shadow wars only took five battles as well, so glad they made it easier. 

With regards your offline/delaying fort capture theory, probably will work but my gut feeling is it likely isn’t worth it when it’s relatively painless now anyway. 

Another random tip, I also used the level up x5 training to get some of my orcs a boost, particularly some overlords that I couldn’t swap out who were a pathetic level. Boosted my defence rating and helped with shadow wars. Win-win.

1 hour ago, bobthecrazydog said:

I can confirm Lithlad fortress adds nothing to your rating. Neither does doing online conquests in that region. Only the four fortresses from the main game count. 

I only had to do three online conquests in the end. My defence was about 400x4 so I needed 900 in attack. All forts started off about 100 attack. But doing the ranked conquest not only gets you +100 if you get gold, but also +100 for the attack rating of that fortress. So three gold run conquests got me the missing 600. I used the DLC orcs to help bolster my forces but at that point in the game level 50+ orcs were everywhere anyway to recruit. 

The shadow wars only took five battles as well, so glad they made it easier. 

With regards your offline/delaying fort capture theory, probably will work but my gut feeling is it likely isn’t worth it when it’s relatively painless now anyway. 

Another random tip, I also used the level up x5 training to get some of my orcs a boost, particularly some overlords that I couldn’t swap out who were a pathetic level. Boosted my defence rating and helped with shadow wars. Win-win.

Thanks for that extra confirmation, Im not playing DLC so can only advise on what I read, but glad now can be sure ;)

Yea forts starting off with abt 100 attack is abt right, its because it copies your default defence rating upon first capture which is always abt 100 at that point in the game. 

You also dont have any control over the default defence rating other than choosing your highest level for the overlord and making sure every1 else is the highest level so the 2 random captains the game picks from your roster for the 2 default warchiefs provide a bigger boost

It will prevent ANY grinding whatsoever for the Captain Rank, even 5 mins!! 

I use the Training Orders a lot actually, they save grinding!! They can consume money fast though so they all depends on whether you have stockpiled your money, I level up EVERY1 with training orders xD

Edited by Optinooby

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Thats a shame, all that spilled blood for nothing xD. Guessing you got the DLC as it was 75% off, how has it been for you, does it require another big time investment?? 

Im not to sure if anybody knows about what I mention above in posts, so im going to restart AGAIN ;) and quickly get to the Nurnen fortress assault, and then test it.

I will add here if it can be exploited slightly to make Captain Rank easier for any future reader of this post, last thing I need to be sure off as well before the platinum speedelrun begins ;)

the dlc is absolute dog shit, and its pathetic they charged probably 30 dollars for it. the first dlc is basically main missions that consist of "tech demo for the most useless skills talion had" , followed by side missions where you simply have 30 of them where you kill an orc. its repetitive dog shit. the 2nd dlc i've just rage quit off of, possibly permanently. you have a trash parachute, stupid grapple hook,  and you're a pathetic mortal human. lots of stupid alterations i just can't be fucked with. the dlc's are at least short. though, the second one requires you to play on nemesis or above for a gold rating, and this pathetic character w/ limited healing just gets ass fucked 24/7 by the millions of ranged attackers peppering you.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Ugh, sounds like a lot to take in. Still want to get it done, so this will be a high priority trophy when I play Shadow of War.

Good news, the trick works xD, will explain all further below, removes a potential long grind!! 

9 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

the dlc is absolute dog shit, and its pathetic they charged probably 30 dollars for it. the first dlc is basically main missions that consist of "tech demo for the most useless skills talion had" , followed by side missions where you simply have 30 of them where you kill an orc. its repetitive dog shit. the 2nd dlc i've just rage quit off of, possibly permanently. you have a trash parachute, stupid grapple hook,  and you're a pathetic mortal human. lots of stupid alterations i just can't be fucked with. the dlc's are at least short. though, the second one requires you to play on nemesis or above for a gold rating, and this pathetic character w/ limited healing just gets ass fucked 24/7 by the millions of ranged attackers peppering you.

Damn really, at least I dont feel so bad now then for deciding not to buy it xD

And about the topic title every1, I CAN CONFIRM the trick works, saves any potential grinding for the Captain Rank, i'll provide the info here and also add to the OP;

So what happens with your ratinga is that your DEFENSE RATING can be altered by slotting a upgrades and assigning more higher level warchiefs at any time

Your attack rating however can only be changed by doing online conquests which can consume a bit of time BUT, when you FIRST take a fort, yea the VERY FIRST time, you get a free default attack rating which copies your DEFENSE rating at the time you go online with your new fort

Although it sounds great, free points in attack rating, thing is that its a ONE TIME thing, there is no way to add more pointa after the fact other than online conquests

Now usually, when you first take a fort, your defense will always be low, hence why your attack rating is so low always. 

BUT, that attack rating only gets added when you go online

So the way to have potential 500 in all attacks and all defenses WITHOUT any online conquest, which btw would give you a 4000 rating xD. Is to go OFFLINE just before you capture your first fort and and stay OFFLINE right until the end and your defense is maxed

Then with your defense maxed, go online, advance time and then your VERY FIRST default attack rating will copy your current defence rating which at this point is mega high!!! 

Sure 4000 is overkill, but makes 2500 easy right, thats the point, that you don't need to work on your defense too much, just be sure defense adds up to 1250, then go online and you will get that copied in attack rating for another 1250 totalling 2500 rating!! 

Its quite difficult to explain, but hope thats clear enough ;)

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Damn really, at least I dont feel so bad now then for deciding not to buy it xD

The person who responded to you is constantly shitting on the main game and already said before that he didn't enjoy it. In case you enjoyed you're time with it, you are most likely going to enjoy the dlcs. The second dlc especially is also far from "dogshit" and I did the nemesis trophy on my first run no problems since you have over 1 and a half hours to do so, which is plenty of time. The (current) low price tag sure as hell is worth the money.

10 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

though, the second one requires you to play on nemesis or above for a gold rating, and this pathetic character w/ limited healing just gets ass fucked 24/7 by the millions of ranged attackers peppering you.

Git gud

Edited by xDerErnst
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

The person who responded to you is constantly shitting on the main game and already said before that he didn't enjoy it. In case you enjoyed you're time with it, you are most likely going to enjoy the dlcs. The second dlc especially is also far from "dogshit" and I did the nemesis trophy on my first run no problems since you have over 1 and a half hours to do so, which is plenty of time. The (current) low price tag sure as hell is worth the money.

Git gud

Oh no, dont get me wrong, I do usually like to make up my own mind, judge for myself

I just am working on a platinum speedrun fro SoW, and was contemplating if I should incorporate the DLC 100% as well into my speedrun guide

As you can imagine, optimising the main game as taken a lot of work, and all I mean is that i decided a week or so back NOT to do the DLC, and if thats similar to what it is, not saying I WOULDNT enjoy, just glad i chose not to OPTIMISE it for a speedrun as the main game has worn me out and doing more of the same or challenges etc, yea, I just wanna get the guide done and move on now xD

Sorry didnt make it clear earlier!! 

Edited by Optinooby

Glad you got it to work, will save some people some hassle I'm sure. 

And yeah Stylin really didn't like this game. ? I enjoyed the first DLC, just starting out on the second DLC which I have christened the 'Just Cause in Mordor' DLC. Will take my time with it first play through and go for gold once I know what I'm doing. The whole game can be quite repetitive but I quite like building up my ridiculously OP armies and then just wandering into a fortress pretty much unchallenged. 

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Oh no, dont get me wrong, I do usually like to make up my own mind, judge for myself

I just am working on a platinum speedrun fro SoW, and was contemplating if I should incorporate the DLC 100% as well into my speedrun guide

As you can imagine, optimising the main game as taken a lot of work, and all I mean is that i decided a week or so back NOT to do the DLC, and if thats similar to what it is, not saying I WOULDNT enjoy, just glad i chose not to OPTIMISE it for a speedrun as the main game has worn me out and doing more of the same or challenges etc, yea, I just wanna get the guide done and move on now xD

Sorry didnt make it clear earlier!! 

I don't think that buying the dlc is going to save yourself any time if that's what your referring to, the online rank xp aren't worth a lot and I did everything just using the main games areas

But I'd still recommend to buy the dlcs since they are on sale, if not for now you could revisit them in the future, the second one adds a pretty cool new area (my personal favourite) and a nice new storyline. (Though i got to admit, the first dlc was pretty underwhelming)

Edited by xDerErnst

You have done it again Optinoob, nice find man!

While the DLC's are nothing special the Blade of Galadriel one wraps up Talion's story and the other one is basically the time trials from Shadow of Mordor though is far easier. One playthrough is needed to beat the story and collect the collectibles and whatnot then a speedrun on Nemesis for Gold. Followed the guides here and had no issues 

On 11/16/2020 at 7:16 AM, bobthecrazydog said:

Glad you got it to work, will save some people some hassle I'm sure. 

And yeah Stylin really didn't like this game. 1f606.png I enjoyed the first DLC, just starting out on the second DLC which I have christened the 'Just Cause in Mordor' DLC. Will take my time with it first play through and go for gold once I know what I'm doing. The whole game can be quite repetitive but I quite like building up my ridiculously OP armies and then just wandering into a fortress pretty much unchallenged. 

Lmao, you’re probably thinking “ this fucker hates EVERYTHING”  xD.  I thought the exact same thing, in regards to just cause. It’s not hard at all to get gold, but I had to dig deep down to force myself to play the wankstain. If you like OP armies, you’ll enjoy the dlc, because you basically let your bodyguards do all the work.

On 17/11/2020 at 4:56 PM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Lmao, you’re probably thinking “ this fucker hates EVERYTHING”  xD.  I thought the exact same thing, in regards to just cause. It’s not hard at all to get gold, but I had to dig deep down to force myself to play the wankstain. If you like OP armies, you’ll enjoy the dlc, because you basically let your bodyguards do all the work.

Sounds good to me. ?

4 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Can anyone confirm that the very first time you take a fort is during Act II, capturing the fortress in Nurnen? It's a story related mission.

Yes, thats the very first, basically there are FOUR forts, and whenever you take each fort online for the VERY FIRST time, you get a attack rating the same as your defence rating

Its a bit of a bonus as you can only increase attack rating via online conquests. 

Going offline BEFORE that first for in Nurnen and STAYING offline till you have maxed out your defence in all 4 forts, will mean that when you take them all online, that bonus attack rating will COPY the current defence rating, meaning a MASSIVE boost in ratings!!