Corrupted save files

Janire1911

I just noticed that I had my save files get corrupted several times while saving after arriving to Repton during the Sons of Ragnar storyline and during the ride to Tamworth. I saved my game and after about 15-20 seconds later it would show as Data corrupted! in the save game list and I was unable to load that save. This affected both manual and autosaves and both new saves and overwriting old saves. After arriving to Tamworth and doing a manual save after the cutscene it seemed to work and the data didn't get corrupted. I just hope the collectibles I got in Repton didn't glitch out on me, at least the game showed them as collected.

I have so far had a somewhat glitch free experience with the game with no crashes or major problems but this has me worried. Losing your saves, especially in a game as massive as this would would be heartbreaking.

Edited by Janire1911

Indeed I experienced the same issues with several saves. After I save i make sure everything is ok by hovering over the new save with the cursor. 

This game truly is consistent to the series into having dumb ass issues. Which is a shame because the game itself is actually a decent entry in the AC series. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Indeed I experienced the same issues with several saves. After I save i make sure everything is ok by hovering over the new save with the cursor. 

This game truly is consistent to the series into having dumb ass issues. Which is a shame because the game itself is actually a decent entry in the AC series. 

I've now also started to make sure the data is ok after I save, it's just a hassle to have to do that. This game definitely needs a few more patches before you can start to call it finished.

17 minutes ago, ruth199914 said:

I had the same problem so many times. The last time it happened almost 10 save data were showing as corrupt and cannot load. I just closed the game and re-opened. The data was not corrupt anymore. Maybe this helps.

That's good to know that the game may just incorrectly show the data as corrupted. I didn't test this myself as I didn't dare to close the game until I had a save that didn't show as corrupted :).

Edited by Janire1911