Exit the Gungeon finally on PS4, thoughts?

arcanehornet_

I have it on PC only played a few hours but its pretty fun. It is completely different.  You are basically on a ship that ascends and waves of enemies come at you as you try to kill them quickly.  Your gun swaps after a certain ammount of time and the more enemies you combo the better guns you will get if I remember correctly.  Still a very hard game.

29 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

From what i've heard this one isn't even close to the first ones quality but nevertheless I'll give this game a try. Hopefully it is running fine, this game has big frame rate issues on PC as far as I know... 

I've had moments where the game stutters and drops frames on PS4. Kinda surprised as it seems like it wouldn't be a very intensive game

• Like 1

We should be seeing several other Indie games coming soon now to the PS4 as well after this one releases. This and a bunch others were on a timed exclusive release for Nintendo Switch for about a year but most of the devs I know involved in the Indie Direct from this time last year also announced PS4 versions were coming after tre exclusivity window.

I heard about the game when it was first launching on iOS and looked forward to it as a fan of the original. It's taken a while to get on PS4 but having now played it I'm glad. I like how the formula has been streamlined, with quicker runs and no active items to manage. I haven't tried the arsenal mode that makes guns function more like the original but I'm having a lot of fun with the randomised aspect, even when it can get frustrating, giving me a gun I don't like using. As mentioned above, I've also noticed slowdown when in rooms that have breakable crates etc in the environment. It's only when they're being broken that the game stutters slightly and it doesn't ruin the experience but obviously I hope this is fixed in a patch. Trophy list looks good with a nice level of challenge that should mean it takes a bit of skill to get the plat. Overall I'm really pleased with what I've played so far. I think people may need to realise that this was originally an iOS and handheld game and so it's going for something slightly different to the original, and to set expectations from there.