[Poll]: How old are we here @ PSNProfiles?

Silverbackmethod

How old are you?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• < 10
    • 10 - 19
    • 20 - 29
    • 30 - 39
    • 40 - 49
    • 50 - 59
    • 60 - 70
    • > 70

After browsing through the community and forum topics for a while I realized (somewhat to my surprise) that there seem to be more (? how do I say this without offending anyone) “older gamers” on PSNP than I thought.

The topic “How long have you been playing video games?” started by @ShadowStar83x hardens my suspicion even more ?

To make a long story short:

This is reason enough for me to start this poll as I think it would be really interesting to see the rough age distribution here on PSNP so...

How old are you?

The poll options are pretty spacious on purpose as I do not want to force you to give away too much personal detail if you do not want to (but of course you can let us know your real age which would even be more interesting). Voter names are also not made public.

Further it’s important for me to say that it’s not my intention to derive anything from this poll. No prejudices, no discrimination, no nothing. Your age DOES NOT MATTER as we are all just gamers and trophy hunters sharing a fantastic interest. 
So please do not participate if you feel offended by any means.

As I started this topic I’ll start of ?

I am in my best years right now and 37. Finally back into gaming again. Though I do not have as much time for it at the moment as I’d like to have. ?

Edited by Silverbackmethod
  • Like 3

As a suggestion, I'd suggest to say "older games" rather than elderly.  That works without having an implication of a particular age group or insulting anyone.   As far as the topic goes, I'm in my 40s.  I've stated in topics before that I remember gaming since I was 6 when my parents got me and my brother an Apple IIe, though I'm pretty sure I played games before that because we did have an Atari 2600, I just don't remember playing any of those games quite clearly enough so I usually use 6 as a timeframe for when I started since that's where I can clearly recall some of the games played even if I don't remember specific names of them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

As a suggestion, I'd suggest to say "older games" rather than elderly.  That works without having an implication of a particular age group or insulting anyone.   As far as the topic goes, I'm in my 40s.  I've stated in topics before that I remember gaming since I was 6 when my parents got me and my brother an Apple IIe, though I'm pretty sure I played games before that because we did have an Atari 2600, I just don't remember playing any of those games quite clearly enough so I usually use 6 as a timeframe for when I started since that's where I can clearly recall some of the games played even if I don't remember specific names of them.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just updated the original post. ?
I got my first console (NES) when I was 7 and my first game was Jackie Chan’s Action Kung Fu. Getting nostalgic while writing these lines. 

14 minutes ago, Silverbackmethod said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Just updated the original post. 1f642.png
I got my first console (NES) when I was 7 and my first game was Jackie Chan’s Action Kung Fu. Getting nostalgic while writing these lines. 

No problem!  For me the first game I can clearly remember playing was a sim game about running a lemonade stand.  First console I remember playing was the NES but that wasn't until I was about 10.

35 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Give me strength, people being offended by the term elderly. Can't say anything nowadays. Elderly is defined as meaning older which is literally the word you're replacing it for. Crazy. 

• Like 3

I'm 28. I started gaming when I was 10, and got my first platinum with FF13 in 2010 on my old account along with 3 other plats (tales of vesperia and graces, and FF13-2). Then I created this account which is my main account as I wanted to change region in 2013 and have been casually trophy hunting since then. I also played a lot of Nintendo games on the 3DS and spent months playing things like Pokemon, Harvest Moon, and the KH and FF spin offs on DS as well.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, euantp_ said:

Give me strength, people being offended by the term elderly. Can't say anything nowadays. Elderly is defined as meaning older which is literally the word you're replacing it for. Crazy. 

Elderly refers to a very specific sort of older and also usually has an implication of poor health to go with it.  It's not appropriate for describing people in their 40s and 50s unless one wants to offend.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Elderly refers to a very specific sort of older and also usually has an implication of poor health to go with it.  It's not appropriate for describing people in their 40s and 50s unless one wants to offend.

No it doesn't refer. That is your interpretation. 

I get more offended when I'm called young (not really, tho), despite that I'm more near my 40s than 30s. I'm not getting my health and vigor to the level it used to be, my knee began to ache and overall I'm a different person from 10-15 years ago. To tell otherwise is ignoring the struggle people go through. But I'm still proud to be alive and kicking. I see many things now that I did not see before. Looking forward when my hair turns white so I can be like an anime villain and laugh at the cat babas.

• Like 1

When you consider that Jimi Hendrix was still alive when I was born, I seem to be one of the older gamers here. Been playing games on and off since I was a teenager, back before having a computer at home was commonplace and the Internet was something only DARPA techies had ever heard of. Been hunting trophies since 2013, with the occasional break here and there.

• Like 1

I’m going to be 20 in April and I’ve been introduced to gaming since I was 4, started properly gaming when I was like 8-9 years old. My first Playstation was a PS3 where I mainly played Black Ops 2 and LOVED Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood multiplayer. I got a PS4 when I was like 12-13 years old and started trophy hunting, not obsessively, when I was about 15.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

32 years of age.

I'm right in the middle of the pack here on PSNP. We got guys age just 16 - 20 years old, we got guys reaching their mid - late 40s ( @starcrunch061 ). Makes me happy knowing that there is a variety of people who enjoy trophy hunting.

Well, since I got called out as an oldster here:

I'll be 46 in less than a month.