[Possible fix] Moxxi's Underdome on PS5 - can anyone test this?

17 hours ago, dakk55 said:

Huh, the coding is so bad that it even made the PS5 crash. I think using it on PS5 only reduces the risk of crashing as it would handle the memory spikes better, but the risk is still there. As someone who had Angelic Ruins crash 5 times in a row, I feel your pain.

It’s nice knowing I’m not the only one struggling on The Angelic Ruins.
After yesterday’s failed attempt. I did just try the larger challenge for The Angelic Ruins again this time using an explosive x3 sniper rifle (I’m using Mordecai) this exploded most of the enemies bodies not leaving much on the ground. I got to Round 15 Wave 4 (Badass Wave) and it crashed, another 2 hours 45 minutes wasted. ?

I’m using the spilt screen method to make it easier, my second account as the host so enemies are a nice low level for my main account, I just don’t get how I done Hell-Burbia with no problems and then The Angelic Ruins two attempts in a row end up with crashes, might be because it’s more of an open space and biggish arena *shrug*

Edited by SirHandy

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 6:32 AM, SirHandy said:

It’s nice knowing I’m not the only one struggling on The Angelic Ruins.
After yesterday’s failed attempt. I did just try the larger challenge for The Angelic Ruins again this time using an explosive x3 sniper rifle (I’m using Mordecai) this exploded most of the enemies bodies not leaving much on the ground. I got to Round 15 Wave 4 (Badass Wave) and it crashed, another 2 hours 45 minutes wasted. ?

I’m using the spilt screen method to make it easier, my second account as the host so enemies are a nice low level for my main account, I just don’t get how I done Hell-Burbia with no problems and then The Angelic Ruins two attempts in a row end up with crashes, might be because it’s more of an open space and biggish arena *shrug*

ok, here's what you want to do 

i finished the last one last night on an original (launch) ps4, not a slim, or pro. 

go rounds 1-10, put it into rest mode over night.  then i did rounds 11-16.. put it in reset mode for about 3 hours, and then did 17-18 rest an hour, 19-20 and no problems or even slow down. 

i didn't run, use portals and used a caustic shot gun.  

what i noticed was that when i came back from rest mode, the area was cleaned up some, so i'm assuming that some of the "mess" in the arena was forgotten or something by the ps4.  

anyway, it's a long haul solution but it worked for me....

start on a friday night and use saturday to finish in and out of the rest mode 

Edited by Lord_Raiden

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my experience on this....Played the DLC this week on PS5...had zero issues with the DLC what so ever...I did use a Fire elemental combat rifle and split screen technique....but absolutely zero crash issues.

Edited by neobowler
wrong word
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2021 at 0:36 PM, HusKy said:

Weird. Where is your game installed? External HDD, external SSD or internal SSD?

This is the only possible difference I can think of.

Because you didn’t quote I hadn’t realised you replied until I checked this morning.

To be honest that’s something I hadn’t considered, it was on a External HDD, so I moved it to the Internal Storage/SSD and unfortunately it still crashed. Crashed exactly where I expected too, Round 17 - Wave 4. 
The large challenge on The Angelic Ruins are making it impossible for me to get the last two trophies I need for the Moxxi DLC. I don’t know what else to try, as Mad Moxxi’s Underdome on PS5 is definitely not a confirmed fix. 

The only thing I can think to try is with a x3 or x4 Incendiary or Corrosive guns, as x3 explosive (what I have been using) is okay but leaves some debris from enemies on the ground, so though there is no body, these debris must still be the root of the problem. Where Incendiary or Corrosive guns will make any remains disappear, this is really my only, last option. The problem now being is I don’t have any x3 or x4 Incendiary or Corrosive guns so I’ve got to play some of my playthrough 2 to get them. 
When I put it into practice I’ll add to this thread of my findings. 

Edited by SirHandy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I made it through The Gully (large) and it never slowed down. It crashed seconds after the trophy popped. It saved so I’m lucky. Seems like this will still be a gamble for some. I’ll try the other two large arena another time. This is just frustrating knowing I could get to the final 10 waves and have it crash again. Had it happen 3 times in the past after I started round 19

• 1 month later...
On 04/06/2021 at 6:33 PM, SirHandy said:

Because you didn’t quote I hadn’t realised you replied until I checked this morning.

To be honest that’s something I hadn’t considered, it was on a External HDD, so I moved it to the Internal Storage/SSD and unfortunately it still crashed. Crashed exactly where I expected too, Round 17 - Wave 4. 
The large challenge on The Angelic Ruins are making it impossible for me to get the last two trophies I need for the Moxxi DLC. I don’t know what else to try, as Mad Moxxi’s Underdome on PS5 is definitely not a confirmed fix. 

The only thing I can think to try is with a x3 or x4 Incendiary or Corrosive guns, as x3 explosive (what I have been using) is okay but leaves some debris from enemies on the ground, so though there is no body, these debris must still be the root of the problem. Where Incendiary or Corrosive guns will make any remains disappear, this is really my only, last option. The problem now being is I don’t have any x3 or x4 Incendiary or Corrosive guns so I’ve got to play some of my playthrough 2 to get them. 
When I put it into practice I’ll add to this thread of my findings. 

Well thats 3hrs wasted this time.

Playing on PS5, larger challenge - The Angelic Ruins. Using split screen method, 3x corrosive revolver and x4 corrosive RPG. Got to round 20 wave 4 (The Badass Wave) which is actually the furthest I’ve ever gotten. 

I’m starting to think that even though I’m using corrosive weapons and got really close, to that boss wave and completing it. I think it’s time based my crashes, it’s crashed two/three times when I’ve hit the 2 hour 45 minute mark (using explosive weapons) and this being the first time using corrosive, I got further but it then crashed at the 3hrs mark. I think I just need to go that little bit quicker and I might get it done, I’ll have to try again but I’m in no rush as it’s so… frustrating to get so close multiple times only for it to crash ??

I’ve finally completed The Angelic Ruins so the nightmare for me is finally over and I’ve gotten the rest of the trophies for the underdome DLC! I can finally move on and get the 100% for this game. ?
Playing on PS5 is definitely not a confirmed fix though, as for me I had to resort to using modded weapons and a shield and doing the round skip glitch.

It just bugs me that they screwed up so much optimising the PS4 version and it’ll forever be left in this state. ?

18 hours ago, JonnyMcG20 said:

Completed all 3 larger arenas on ps5 yesterday with zero lag or crashes. I didn't play "responsibly" using fire/corrosive and it was still fine.

I’m jealous, you should consider yourself lucky.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The 1.05 patch just released out of nowhere but I have no idea if it fixes this problem, because the patch notes just state the utterly generic and non-specific "General Bug fixes".

I doubt it as Gearbox isn't one to fix issues such as these. Sometimes I feel like when they "fix" anything - it ends up breaking something else entirely. Despite finishing the game a long time ago on the PS4 with friends, we never had any issues with the game crashing for any of us. I will note that some enemies did not fully spawn and were trapped behind walls unless you used explosives to kill them. Besides that, however, the game never crashed while undergoing the DLC. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 1:54 PM, x410xDragon said:

I doubt it as Gearbox isn't one to fix issues such as these. Sometimes I feel like when they "fix" anything - it ends up breaking something else entirely. Despite finishing the game a long time ago on the PS4 with friends, we never had any issues with the game crashing for any of us. I will note that some enemies did not fully spawn and were trapped behind walls unless you used explosives to kill them. Besides that, however, the game never crashed while undergoing the DLC. 

Did you experience any frame rate issues/screen tearing playing the game on PS4 (Pro)? Issues like that are honestly a game breaker for me, a lot of people were complaining about this on Reddit but the comments are 2+ years old. How is the performance as of now? 

11 minutes ago, GamingNation2K said:

Did you experience any frame rate issues/screen tearing playing the game on PS4 (Pro)? Issues like that are honestly a game breaker for me, a lot of people were complaining about this on Reddit but the comments are 2+ years old. How is the performance as of now? 

It runs like shit on the PS4, regardless of which model you have so stick to any other version and avoid this one.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

game crashed on ps5 at the angelic ruins. surprisingly not till i got awarded the trophy's for completing the largest coliseum. 

guessing it still happens but at a much lower rate.

the other 2 areas had no issues.

Edited by Lordguwa

Well sorry again to reply to myself- I moved transferred my save files from ps4 to ps5 (after transferring them from ps3 to ps4), and played a new character through all of the Moxxi domes- and they popped not problem. I hosted the matches and had no crashes or glitches on my ps5, although a player who was joined on ps4 started getting disconnected at round 19, we waited to kill the final boss until he was back on and the trophies popped for everyone. So no problems on ps5.

• 1 month later...

Just going to post that I also had no issues on PS5. Well I had an issue... but it was more on the mental anguish side, this DLC suuuuucks.

But yeah, no problems. Did split screen, didn't use fire/corrosion weapons, used Lilith's ability on CD to make things faster. I did however AVOID using portals.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through this thread, I thought I'd post my input. The recent patch was only to add an advert for the Tiny Tina game. There weren't actually bug fixes.

On PS5 as of March 2022: It still crashes. Consistently around round 3 or so. I finally got through the prove yourself mission (5 rounds in each underdome) by using a combination of lvl 6 corrosive bloodwing and lvl 4 fire machine pistol. Game is installed on a samsung SSD. Haven't though to try internal, but before that I'm going to stick with the weapon combination I found that finally let me complete it.

It doesn't look like anyone here has discussed it, but have we considered a different between disc and digital? Some people have no problems while some do. I don't know why there would be a difference between the two, but I suppose it's possible?

2 hours ago, Jacob Faulk-King said:

Reading through this thread, I thought I'd post my input. The recent patch was only to add an advert for the Tiny Tina game. There weren't actually bug fixes.

On PS5 as of March 2022: It still crashes. Consistently around round 3 or so. I finally got through the prove yourself mission (5 rounds in each underdome) by using a combination of lvl 6 corrosive bloodwing and lvl 4 fire machine pistol. Game is installed on a samsung SSD. Haven't though to try internal, but before that I'm going to stick with the weapon combination I found that finally let me complete it.

It doesn't look like anyone here has discussed it, but have we considered a different between disc and digital? Some people have no problems while some do. I don't know why there would be a difference between the two, but I suppose it's possible?

Anything is possible but it's very unlikely the US only retail version is any different from the digital release.