Trophies popping but not unlocking for some reason on PS5.

iGGTheEnd

So I just popped Exile on Tooth and Tail and while it popped up on my screen it wont update on my PS5 or on PSNP for some reason, is anyone else experiencing this at all in any of their games.  Is PS5 just slow and registering trophies or is something wrong.  Is there something In the settings I need to fiddle with on my PS5?  PS4 is usually instant.

Edit: Just replayed the level cant get it to pop again has anyone had this issue on PS4 where it popped and they were able to get it to pop a second time somehow or am I screwed.

Edit 2: So this is a weird one but I had the same trophy pop a second time but on the PS4 and it didnt register as popped until I unlocked it on PS4.  

Careful out there I would hate for someone to be playing something like super meat boy and have to do it twice to get it to pop.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 2

I had this happen a couple times before in random games. Trophies popped in my console but not registered to my other system or on the site depsite syncing multiple times.

Usually I have to wait a few hours or overnight try again and then it will sync. I don't know what causes the issue but for some reason as far as I know even though it shows a proper sync Sony isn't receiving it on their end properly causing the delay.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

So I just popped Exile on Tooth and Tail and while it popped up on my screen it wont update on my PS5 or on PSNP for some reason, is anyone else experiencing this at all in any of their games.  Is PS5 just slow and registering trophies or is something wrong.  Is there something In the settings I need to fiddle with on my PS5?  PS4 is usually instant.

Edit: Just replayed the level cant get it to pop again has anyone had this issue on PS4 where it popped and they were able to get it to pop a second time somehow or am I screwed.

Edit 2: So this is a weird one but I had the same trophy pop a second time but on the PS4 and it didnt register as popped until I unlocked it on PS4.  

Careful out there I would hate for someone to be playing something like super meat boy and have to do it twice to get it to pop.

I had this happen but for the ps5 disc version of miles morales and it was the platinum. Video evidence that I have the trophy pop on screen but isn't showing up on my PS5 list) https://twitter.com/chernobylninja/status/1327888943782764544?s=19

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 6:14 PM, DaivRules said:

Is your problem like the problem in this thread?

Meta-quote from another post! 

So, I think the problem with this was that the trophy data wasn't on the PS servers yet. It has since updated and everything is working great, so could be a similar situation. (The data wasn't even on PSNP at the time. 

3 minutes ago, LabyrinthWorm said:

Meta-quote from another post! 

So, I think the problem with this was that the trophy data wasn't on the PS servers yet. It has since updated and everything is working great, so could be a similar situation. (The data wasn't even on PSNP at the time. 

Ya this must be it looking back on it I just found it odd because my PS4 never did that but I didn't get a PS4 on release so who knows maybe they just need to iron out the kinks.

30 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya this must be it looking back on it I just found it odd because my PS4 never did that but I didn't get a PS4 on release so who knows maybe they just need to iron out the kinks.

It's been happening on PS4 and Vita for a long time. The developers need to get their trophy data on Sony's servers for everything to work right. So far, PS5 is no different and still depend on the developers getting their data on Sonys servers, preferably before they start selling their games.

42 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I had it happen with Far Cry 3 Classic during middle of generation. Basically Ubisoft let season pass holders play weeks before the general population so they forgot to upload trophy data to sony, So was stuck with non syncing trophies that could only be seen from quick menu for a good week or two

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

I’m curious if this is still an issue? My GF got her PS5 in (still waiting on mine 1f643.png) and has a lot of PS4 titles she wants to play and begin her trophy hunting journey with... just wondering if she should hold off on PS4 games for now if there’s problems.

Everything seems fine now, trophies must not have been syncing for some reason as others are pointing out.  Since that one trophy everything has been working perfectly.

• Like 1

So for Astro's Playroom DLC you need a combined speedrun time under 7 minutes. I did this, the trophy popped, but it did not register on trophylist. I even have the auto-recorded video of me getting the trophy. Reloading the game did not unlock, beating a level with a better time did not unlock, watching the leaderboard times did not unlock...

Looks like I have to delete the save, play through the entire game again to unlock the time trials, and beat the time again.

Just now, NewDust said:

So for Astro's Playroom DLC you need a combined speedrun time under 7 minutes. I did this, the trophy popped, but it did not register on trophylist. I even have the auto-recorded video of me getting the trophy. Reloading the game did not unlock, beating a level with a better time did not unlock, watching the leaderboard times did not unlock...

Looks like I have to delete the save, play through the entire game again to unlock the time trials, and beat the time again.

Was this recently?  Id give it a day and see if it syncs with the servers to save you some time.

I think a big part of this is that PS4 aggressively auto-synced trophies as soon as you earned them.

At this point, the PS5 seems a bit more lax and people need to sync their trophies themselves. I think a lot of people must never have done that themselves on PS4, judging from the number of similar posts. 

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I think a big part of this is that PS4 aggressively auto-synced trophies as soon as you earned them.

At this point, the PS5 seems a bit more lax and people need to sync their trophies themselves. I think a lot of people must never have done that themselves on PS4, judging from the number of similar posts. 

I did try force updating, no difference. It has probably more to do with servers getting hammered right now.

• Like 1

Ya iv had this happen on my ps4 and vita before. Its happens do to many activity in the sever. Most of the time its around xmas or 1st few days of summer.

My guess is the spike of users form the launch around the world. It is the 1st weekend it need to deal with it

1 hour ago, NewDust said:

Once you manually updated your trophies on your PS5 and your profile was manually updated here, your trophies were showing. 

2 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I did the trophy Craft Work for Crafting 14 items in a game and it unlocked in the game and I have a video, but the trophy is not showing up as complete on PSN. Is there a fix? I've tried syncing it multiple times now.

Does it show on your console when you are in Offline mode? Is the problem when you try to sync your PS5, it's not completing the sync of your trophies?

3 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

How do I enter offline mode?

Before checking that, try these steps first:

1. Select your avatar/profile icon. You can do this from the homescreen by going to the upper righthand corner OR you can press the PlayStation button on your controller to make the control center popup, then just go to the right and select the image.
  2. Select Trophies.
  3. Hover over the game that you want to sync trophies for.
  4. Select the options button (button with 3 lines above it).
  5. Select "Sync with PlayStation Network."

• Like 3