FielVeredus

Overall Guide in Progress ?

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

Just would like to know (not to rush anything or request) that anyone here is working on the overall guide just like hasegawa one ?

I just finished 3 of them in a row and it will not be possible if not for those insanely detailed guide :D 

going to play 4th one on December so I am really looking forward for how this series coming to closure. 

PS. Thank you everyone that suggest me playing old game first, it was very worth it and very surprise how this game isnt get attention its deserved.

Edited by FielVeredus

Hey, I think the GameFAQ Site is working on one right now maybe even finished it. Didn't check if it really IS finished but its listet as worked on :)

I know some people are working on a PSNP guide at the moment. Let's hope they're done by december

1 hour ago, Berendsapje said:

I know some people are working on a PSNP guide at the moment. Let's hope they're done by december

Did a quick search and couldn't find a WIP guide for this game. :(

We can only hope there's a brave soul out there daring enough to make one 🤔

Edited by Sebastian
12/1/20: All according to keikaku

20 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

Did a quick search and couldn't find a WIP guide for this game. :(

tumblr_pq8o7fTJNj1rkit9a_400.jpg

Well, eh, yeah, Neoseeker it is then, as creating a guide for this would be quite a lot of effort that only a dude without anything resembling a social life would do (and Hasegawa, can't disrespect him)

Edited by Berendsapje

58 minutes ago, Lymus said:

The one on GameFAQs is pretty comprehensive and detailed.

Even though it's based on the JP version, it still applies.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/229684-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv/faqs/77559/introduction

it seems to not be that as at least it lack map already after quick scan through

2 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

There is a pretty good guide in the works at neoseeker which I am using right now:

https://www.neoseeker.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv/walkthrough

Just curious, is this guide is working like overall guide ? meaning just follow it and get platinum easier as the guide cover all collectible and missable.

This looks nice btw so if it working same , i would use it  if anyone can confirm this is it. please tell if this work for you as well :)

Still , hoping for that flash of light (!) people working on this. :D as those guide contained a bit of spoiler (not matter much) and somewhat long explanation and easier to miss thing than bullet point guide that hasegawa one does.

Edited by FielVeredus

41 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

it seems to not be that as at least it lack map already after quick scan through

Just curious, is this guide is working like overall guide ? meaning just follow it and get platinum easier as the guide cover all collectible and missable.

This looks nice btw so if it working same , i would use it  if anyone can confirm this is it. please tell if this work for you as well :)

Still , hoping for that flash of light (!) people working on this. :D as those guide contained a bit of spoiler (not matter much) and somewhat long explanation and easier to miss thing than bullet point guide that hasegawa one does.

Zoelius who is writing the guide at neoseeker already did very good guides for cold steel 1 and 2 on gamefaqs and 3 on neoseeker. I used these to plat the games and crosschecked with a trophy guide.

Especially for the chests I would recommend zoelis guide, because its has maps. Thats what I missing in the other guide.

Edited by Ranari_Kai

4 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

it seems to not be that as at least it lack map already after quick scan throug

It covers all missables. But no visual maps. But a map is not really needed, you can get an item somewhat early on that shows you all chest on the map. And the faq has a chest list per partial map.

Though you'll need 2 play throughs for the romance trophies anyway, and nightmare mode is easier on a 2nd run when you have good equipment and high levels from the start.

Edited by Lymus

1 hour ago, Lymus said:

It covers all missables. But no visual maps. But a map is not really needed, you can get an item somewhat early on that shows you all chest on the map. And the faq has a chest list per partial map.

Though you'll need 2 play throughs for the romance trophies anyway, and nightmare mode is easier on a 2nd run when you have good equipment and high levels from the start.

Can confirm the GameFAQs to be a pretty solid guide so far. You can trade for a Moon Lens quartz pretty early which will pretty much guarantee you won't miss any chest, and the guide makes a chest count at the end of every section - important to note, this game tracks down the number of chests collected. Not sure why they waited for the fourth game to add such convenient feature like this one, and the little checkmark on the battle notes indicating the monsters have been fully analyzed.

I figure i could just use both of them

- Gamefaqs for bullet point guide
- Neoseeker for map visual

For now, this should do and prepare me well for upcoming play session. Thanks a lot everyone ! :)