My PS5 is dead or bricked

SarumanDooku

I was playing no man sky then the game froze, I had to hold the power button to shut it down. I restarted it then it repair the file system then it hang on a black screeen and the dark blue system light is flashing (for hours now). I tried everything in safe mode, including full reinstall of the system software (the 959MB one) and its still the same. To get another one in exchange will be challenging. Should I try sony or walmart first?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OpenScars said:

Or NOT worrying. I mean, it's clearly shit for him, but out of all the people on this forum that already have the PS5, only ONE person has said anything bad, in terms of failures.

This is as far as I've seen.

I've seen a few people say stuff like this and on twitter a guys PS5 couldn't read discs.

Hopefully the UK units are fine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I've seen a few people say stuff like this and on twitter a guys PS5 couldn't read discs.

Hopefully the UK units are fine.

With the amount if units shipped, only seeing a few reported failures is actually a good thing.  There's always a chance for a hardware or cpu failure on anything from cars to appliances - it happens. 

Only time to be worried is if they start sending out recall notices.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

With the amount if units shipped, only seeing a few reported failures is actually a good thing.  There's always a chance for a hardware or cpu failure on anything from cars to appliances - it happens. 

Only time to be worried is if they start sending out recall notices.

Yeah true not that many will be faulty.

Recall notices? I'll go mad if it doesn't Arrive Thursday ?

12 hours ago, SaintChris777 said:

85%?  That means 85 from 100 consoles are dead on arrival imagine this how much shit Sony would've gotten for that. No way in hell would the PS4 be as successfull as it was if that would've happened.

I hope your issue get's resolved quickly. You can't reset it to factory settings or something?

at all the people that was triggered by the 85% and managed to harvest likes of my post, my point is just avoid the early lines of ps5's, I seen a lots of people went getting or receiving a free ps5 or XSX then post about their new toy got bricked and complain what did went wrong, pretending they don't know about this stuff.

and for the one individual who said I didn't get a ps5, well no shit sherlock I don't, for the same reason, I tended to get one a year or so after release just as usual.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

at all the people that was triggered by the 85% and managed to harvest likes of my post, my point is just avoid the early lines of ps5's, I seen a lots of people went getting or receiving a free ps5 or XSX then post about their new toy got bricked and complain what did went wrong, pretending they don't know about this stuff.

and for the one individual who said I didn't get a ps5, well no shit sherlock I don't, for the same reason, I tended to get one a year or so after release just as usual.

Or don't avoid the early PS5s and almost certainly enjoy a problem free experience, like the vast majority of people!  Sucks to be one of the extremely few people to have an issue, but there's ways to resolve those issues, so no worries in the end.  Stop living in fear of what might happen!

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 3