Anyone else disappointed by the lack of PS5 trophy stacks?

Platinum_Vice

I was so keen to have an excuse to get back into games such as Bloodborne, the Crash Remastered Trilogy, Last of Us 1 and Uncharted 4 for new PS5 trophy stacks with the November PS Plus deal... sadly it appears that this is not the case... anyone else gutted? 

I also can't seem to access the deal on the PS Store phone application, surely it would have been possible to "purchase" the free games as a PS Plus member and download them at a later date (when I eventually get a PS5), just like every other game every other month, but apparently not. Feeling super disappointed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Actually I'm impressed by the number of games with free upgrades that received a new trophy list.

How many of them would you actually play again?

Don't know if there's two that I'd be interested in replaying... certainly nothing IMO that stacks up to the 'Best of PS4' PS Plus deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

How many of them would you actually play again?

Don't know if there's two that I'd be interested in replaying... certainly nothing IMO that stacks up to the 'Best of PS4' PS Plus deal.

Yeah but considering that they are free upgrades it's a nice bonus. PS4/Vita/PS3 crossbuy games had shared lists most of the time.

• Like 2

I had no expectation that PS4 games played on the PS5 via backward compatibility mode would have a new trophy list, and it doesn’t make any sense to think that they would since it’s not a “new” game, it’s literally the same game, it’s just being played on different hardware. Therefore, no disappointment here.

I’d expect to see new lists for new PS5 games, and possibly for some PS5 updates of existing PS4 games depending on the developer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

Little immature to get this upset over not getting something you were never promised in the first place, eh? Should've treated yourself to a bigger bag of salt for all that pre-release speculation and extrapolation, I guess...

Settle down Terry Tuffnuts. 

PS5 owners are getting 23 free games this month. PS Plus members have always had the opportunity to 'purchase' the monthly games even if they don't own the respective console. This month is the best bargain that I've seen from Sony but apparently I'm not eligible for it... is it unreasonable to be disappointed to not be eligible for 20/23 free games??

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

How upset is "this upset"? They don't exactly seem devastated, just disappointed. I wouldn't say being disappointed is immature. Being a dick to someone for having the audacity to want something you don't, however, is.

Thank you. Lots of angst in this thread...

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

No, I prefer every game just having one list.

And yet... they've been getting stacked left and right for a long time. I'm starting to get used to seeing frequent stacks and remasters lately. I thought it would be a popular opinion on this site to get the opportunity to earn more trophies for games that were so good that we like to revisit them. That opinion comes up regularly elsewhere. Obviously it's not everyone's opinion, but I didn't think there'd be so much distaste.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Probably comes from the fact that there are a lot more games than the majority have time to play, made worse by duplicating many games for different regions.

I think that's part of why I prefer not to have the stacks. My biggest issue with it is that I'd start a game up on PS5 and suddenly I'd have a new stack added to my profile (or auto-popped) rather than being able to continue working on the original list.

I have no problem with people stacking and I've done it a few times in the past, but I'm getting to the point where I just don't have the time or desire to play through most games more than once.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hedgito said:

Playing through a game once is enough for me with work and all. Plus, I've played games I would have never played if I wasn't a trophy hunter. Too many other different games to platinum as well. Although, still nice to revist certain enjoyable games. 

You just contradicted and threw away your entire comment,  with that last sentence lol.

19 minutes ago, Fish613 said:

You just contradicted and threw away your entire comment,  with that last sentence lol.

Well I'm not going stack every single game I own that happens to get a new list. Do love that Spider-Man enough to do it again though, lol.